Zero2Cool
a year ago
Okay, let's talk common sense, shall we? WE SHALL! 

I have been reading a lot of Packers fans saying we should get WR Corey Davis in the Aaron Rodgers trade.

NO!

Listen, if you see someone walking something to the curb, you don't run up to them and offer compensation for the item, do you? Hell nah! You wait for the item to be left at the curb, you take a peak up and down the street and casually walk over and snag that shit.

The notion that the Jets need the salary cap space and will package him in the trade is nonsense. If the Jets offer Davis in the trade, I say no, and then I say you toss in a 6th round pick in Davis' place. I'll take my chances of securing him via free agency. And if he gets a big deal somewhere else, or just goes somewhere else, so be it. 

What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I think I'm a freaking genius negotiator here!

Edit, holy balls, here's another one. The swapping of 13 and 15 makes no sense for Packers. That's basically a 3rd round or 4th round pick. Give me the pick instead of moving up two measly spots. Anyway, this is about Corey Davis. So, no on the Corey Davis, no one the round one swap, instead, give me a 4th round pick (because I fear Packers using 3rd round picks)

UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
I like the idea of adding WR Corey Davis as a Lazard replacement and Davis has had a year with LaFleaur when both where on the Titans.

But why would the Jets be giving a good player up?

Only reason I see is his remaining contract of one year, $10.5 million. If the Packers aren't going to keep Lazard (signed at $11 million per year) nor Tonyan (signed at $2.65 million per year), then I don't think we want a $10.5 million WR that has been only gets about 500 yards per year.

I feel like the Packers are rebuilding and would only be interested in those early on rookie contracts, but Jets wouldn't want to give those up if they're any good. So draft picks would be more likely.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I like the idea of adding WR Corey Davis as a Lazard replacement and Davis has had a year with LaFleaur when both where on the Titans.

But why would the Jets be giving a good player up?

Only reason I see is his remaining contract of one year, $10.5 million. If the Packers aren't going to keep Lazard (signed at $11 million per year) nor Tonyan (signed at $2.65 million per year), then I don't think we want a $10.5 million WR that has been only gets about 500 yards per year.

I feel like the Packers are rebuilding and would only be interested in those early on rookie contracts, but Jets wouldn't want to give those up if they're any good. So draft picks would be more likely.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Allen Lazard benefit for this offense was his blocking and threat of being a good blocker. Numerous times we saw him angling to block, only to give a shove and that's how he got open a lot of times. Is Corey Davis a good blocker?

The Jets (reportedly) want the salary cap relief, plus have other WR's in their stable. Garrett Wilson, Mecole Hardman, Allen Lazard, and even Denzel Mims. Plus, they're pursuing Odell Beckham Jr, so where does a $10 million WR fit in here? He doesn't. He's going to be released or traded for a day three pick (5th or 6th) pick to a team with lots of cap space. That's why I think the Jets would be willing to give up a good player. Honestly, I don't even know if Corey Davis is good so I'm just going with what others have spoken.

It should be said too that if Corey Davis is traded, the new team can work out a better salary cap friendly deal. At least, that is my assumption.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

Allen Lazard benefit for this offense was his blocking and threat of being a good blocker. Numerous times we saw him angling to block, only to give a shove and that's how he got open a lot of times. Is Corey Davis a good blocker?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Davis is well known as a physical receiver.

You can read more about it here.

The drop-off in the passing game has been clear as day to anyone who watched the Jets over the last three games. Mims simply is nowhere close to Davis as a receiving weapon. 

But the Jets are also badly missing Davis in the running game. 

Corey Davis’ run-blocking is an integral cog in the New York Jets’ offenseDavis is a blocking extraordinaire at the wide receiver position. With his combination of size, strength, understanding of angles, and sheer will, Davis creates running lanes to a degree that few NFL wideouts can match. New York’s run game has been shockingly dependent on Davis’s presence. It’s odd to say that about a wide receiver, but the numbers back it up.

• Corey Davis on field: 111 carries for 575 yards (5.18 YPC)
  • Corey Davis off field: 109 carries for 426 yards (3.91 YPC)

The Jets are averaging 5.18 YPC with Davis on the field and 3.91 YPC with him off, a margin of 1.27. That is a monumental difference. For perspective, that is similar to the difference between the Jacksonville Jaguars’ fourth-ranked rushing efficiency (5.08 YPC) and the Cincinnati Bengals’ 29th-ranked rushing efficiency (3.87 YPC).

It should be said too that if Corey Davis is traded, the new team can work out a better salary cap friendly deal. At least, that is my assumption.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I agree with your assumption.

That being said, if the Jets are going to get rid of him, Packers could ask for permission to talk and negotiate with him before the Jets release him. Since none of his $10.5 million is guaranteed... offer him a $6 million guaranteed contract or something.

Though, the Jets might want to consider keeping both Davis and Lazard, having two elite blocking WRs, makes it harder for teams to know which direction the tough blocking.might be coming.from, or put them together and run a WR screen behind them with the speed WR they just signed from KC.

But I agree, draft pick is more likely and better. But getting Davis wouldn't be the worst thing in the world and I believe he put up 1,000 yards with LaFleaur on the Titans.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
I swear this editor hates when I past things in... I can't edit it, but whenever it ends with that color tag, it's the editor saying I hated that you copied and pasted.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
It kind of depends on what the item being walked to the curb is. If it's something that is going in the shed, go ahead and grab it, but I like to knock on the door and ask permission. If, on the other hand, it is an item that has the potential of crossing the threshold of the home itself, an important step was left out of the entire picking trash off the curb process.

I don't have the cojones to walk someone else's trash into my home without pre-authorization from my wife. This may seem like a quibble to most of you. but at least in my experience, the interior of the home is largely controlled by the lady of the house.

Just an aside to assist my fellow or potential contemporaries in the quest for harmony in the matrimonial abode. I once tried to sneak a can opener into the silverware drawer that I bought at a yard sale. It was still attached to the cardboard retail backing, but it had a yard sale price tag on it. You would have thought I had carted in a wheel barrel full of toxic sludge into "her" kitchen, based on the feedback I got about this purchase. 😀 
Oh, and one more... Don't even THINK of using a metal spatula in a Teflon pan...They are always watching...you've been warned.

Zero2Cool
a year ago

I swear this editor hates when I past things in... I can't edit it, but whenever it ends with that color tag, it's the editor saying I hated that you copied and pasted.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Try switching to "source" view when copy/paste. The CKEditor is horseshit. That's harsh, but I hate things that do not behave consistently.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.