Cheesey
15 years ago

a little side note reported on espn that the bucs will be playing with heavy hearts as the kicker lost his infant son a few days ago so that could give them even more motivation

"dhazer" wrote:

It's got to be hard to get up for a football game when something like that happens.
Maybe it will motivate them. Or it could have the opposite affect. I just don't know.
I just feel heartache for that man. I never had kids......but the pain to lose one.....man.....thats gotta kill you inside.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

YES YES YES i get the game on tv today

"dhazer" wrote:

Thank you for absolutely nothing, dhazer. I remembered that we are semi-homies from your postings on another forum, gave into temptation and looked on the TV listings, discovering that sure enough, here in Steeler/Eagle country I'll be getting the game also. Damn! There went the plan to go to the watering-hole, sucking down the coors light tap, talking smack to my poolplayer buds, etc. While I have historically bullshat the wife into believing that the game was not televised here, last time I was busted, so consequently it's only a matter of time before she figures it out this time as well, hence now I'm stuck on the homefront, as I totally suck at lying when armed with the truth in a scenario such as this. I'm going to plan B, which follows somewhat along the lines that a person attempting to beat a lie-detector test might employ... complete, utter self-denial. I am henceforth assuming the game is not on locally, as it just doesn't make sense that it would be. :microwave: Heck, I never much listened to what you had to say, anyway.... :blackeye:
dhazer
15 years ago

YES YES YES i get the game on tv today

"dfosterf" wrote:

Thank you for absolutely nothing, dhazer. I remembered that we are semi-homies from your postings on another forum, gave into temptation and looked on the TV listings, discovering that sure enough, here in Steeler/Eagle country I'll be getting the game also. Damn! There went the plan to go to the watering-hole, sucking down the coors light tap, talking smack to my poolplayer buds, etc. While I have historically bullshat the wife into believing that the game was not televised here, last time I was busted, so consequently it's only a matter of time before she figures it out this time as well, hence now I'm stuck on the homefront, as I totally suck at lying when armed with the truth in a scenario such as this. I'm going to plan B, which follows somewhat along the lines that a person attempting to beat a lie-detector test might employ... complete, utter self-denial. I am henceforth assuming the game is not on locally, as it just doesn't make sense that it would be. :microwave: Heck, I never much listened to what you had to say, anyway.... :blackeye:

"dhazer" wrote:

is that you sod ?
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
yes, sir!
nerdmann
15 years ago

You know what scares me?
The heat. It's gonna be terrible there today. Our guys were cramping up playing here.......will they be able to hold it together in the heat of Florida?

"Cheesey" wrote:

Yeah, plus the Pack has had alot of Hammys this year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
15 years ago
1: Rodgers will have a QB rating of 125+. He will move the chains, although Driver and Jennings will break a few slants for long gains.

2: Jennings will have a TD for 60+ yards.

3: Give one to Driver too.

4: Grant will have 100+ yards and will look good.

5: THREE Packers will pull hamstrings today.

6: Tramone Williams will hold up today. He will look good. Give him an INT.

7: Give Woodson an INT too.

8: Blackmon (possibly Nelson) will take one to the house. He will also pull a "Walter Stanley" running sideways to find a seam, losing 7 yards and drawing a "block in the back" penalty when he reverses field.

9: Jordi Nelson will be clutch today.

10: The TEs will make some big plays. Look for Finley to get one for 20+ yards.

11: Kampman will get THREE sacks.

12: KGB will tomahawk Griese's arm. Jenkins will be tough.

13: The Packers run defense will improve today. They've ranked poorly, but they went up against Adrian Peterson and a pretty good Cowboys team. The Bucs are good, but not THAT good.

14: Hawk will decapitate Griese on a blitz.

15: Brandon Jackson will get some carries, and look pretty good.

16: James Jones will have TWO drops, but will actually make some catches.

17: Ruvell Martin will look good.

18: Jerramy Stevens will get some yards, but he won't kill the Pack.

19: The Packers will fumble a snap.

20: Crosby=money.

21: Frost will improve over last week enough so that he will NOT be cut within 24 hours.

22: The Divine Savior Holy Angels Girls High School will gag me on the postgame show.

23: Hot Girlfriend will be at Nieman Marcus with her gay hairdresser Bill. She'll bring me Chinese food when she gets back.

24: The Packers will get up at the half, but then let the Bucs hang around too long. They will also tend to abandon the run. They will be much better on third down than they were last week.

25: Nick Collins will have a big game today. He'll make the highlight reel. Give him an INT, but he will also make some big hits.

26: The defense will score.

27: Hovan will be invisible.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago
The Packers should be used to variants of the Tampa-2 seeing as they play in the NFC North.

Should be interesting to see how they respond to a much more pure style of Tampa-2.

I'd like to see Rodgers get Driver more involved, and I wanna see Grant explode.

It should be interesting to see how the line performs with Spitz back at G and Wells back at C. I'd say the line was solid for the first two weeks, below average last week, but this line is the line that got things going last year so I'm hoping for some of the same big yardage gains like last year.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Hey everyone, join everyone else in the game day chat by clicking HERE . We're waiting for you!!!
UserPostedImage
packedhouse02
15 years ago
Im looking for Sanders to have this defense ready to go today. He didn't have them ready vs. Dallas.
blank
CDNRodgersfan
15 years ago
Still caN'T get in the chat room
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.