Discussion Board
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2019-04-29T14:56:55Z
A thread recognizing moments (seemingly rare) athletes just simply get it... or at least speak as if they get it.

Prime example..

Cheesey
2019-04-29T15:14:16Z
Looks like at least one guy gets it!
Good thread Pack93z!
dyeah_gb
2019-04-29T15:15:01Z
Although HHCD made too many "business decisions" on the field, I get that he got it:

HHCD Honors Fallen Policeman at height of kneeling controversy 
Rockmolder
2019-04-30T07:56:48Z
Great idea for a thread, 93.

I'm not a Feijenoord fan, but I love this moment. I know he's aware that there's a camera there and he won't mind the PR-points he scored here, but he did give all those kids a moment they'll carry with them for the rest of their lifes.

Zero2Cool
2019-04-30T11:35:26Z
Puck hit a kid, Elliott went over to him and chatted with him, took a selfie too. Probably made that kids day.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2019-04-30T14:31:09Z
It's the little things that make such a big difference. Yes the big name athletes can start foundations that raise millions of dollars. That's wonderful. But it's the time they spend saying hello to a kid of giving the child the hockey stick or jersey or whatever that has a more profound and lasting impression. A few years ago I came to the realization that a lot of these professionals are parents themselves and would like it if someone took the time to help their child (or younger sibling) so they too pay it forward with a little bit of their time.
Zero2Cool
2019-04-30T14:36:21Z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq2dMbz6ssY 

This one million dollars wasn't just $1,000,000. It started something that grew and spawned many others to donate too.

How damn cool is this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C757xJiy9cc 

This is Aaron Rodgers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTyQgWw5-ws 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQ2k4WKrCk 

Hell, watch all of the video's of It's Aaron. The dude simply GETS IT.
https://www.youtube.com/...UCsLUPghC157MPxWSbvCRrrg 
Zero2Cool
2019-05-19T21:34:34Z
He's not an athlete, but holy shit balls this is what I am talkin' bout!!
Zero2Cool
2019-05-23T11:12:22Z
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2019-06-09T20:37:39Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It's always nice to see when someone grows up.
Zero2Cool
2019-06-12T23:39:29Z
Jon Stewart isn't an athlete, but I love it when people know they have the camera and try to use it for good.

I don't know that Jon Stewart had any doings behind the bill, but I'm glad it was passed.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2019-06-22T02:18:36Z
Albert Pujols gets it. 

Quote:

Heart-warming moment Angel slugger Albert Pujols takes his own sweater and draws it for an overjoyed young fan with Down syndrome
Los Angeles Angels slugger Albert Pujols delights a young Down syndrome fan after a recent competition by giving the boy his own shirt from his back
After Thursday's victory over Blue Jays in Toronto, Pujols walked on to the first baseline where nine-year-old Nico was waiting
The designated candidate player of 6 foot-3, 240 pounds did not hesitate to remove his jersey, take a pen from Nico & # 39; s outstretched hand and sign his name on the back
After this, Nico turned and let Pujols draw the back of his shirt
Nico & # 39; s father, Joe Squarini, posted the video on Twitter and wrote: & # 39; Thank you @ PujolsFive! You made our night. Nico will never forget your @pujolsfound & # 39;
The Albert Pujols Foundation was established to promote & # 39; raise awareness, provide hope and meet tangible needs for children and families living with Down syndrome & # 39;
Pujols & stepdaughter Isabella was born with Down syndrome on January 1, 2000

gbguy20
2019-06-22T02:41:33Z
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chris Jericho Donates $2K To Wrestler Who Snapped Both Legs In Ring
Zero2Cool (10h) : Allen Lazard will return to practice this week, coach Matt LaFleur just said.
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers are among the teams to inquire about #Texans WR Will Fuller, according to a league source, but no deal imminent.
Zero2Cool (11h) : AP source: Seahawks land DE Carlos Dunlap from Cincinnati.
Cheesey (12h) : The way it’s going, the Big10 champions will be which ever team is still healthy at the end of the season.
Zero2Cool (12h) : Breaking: The Wisconsin football team will pause all team-related activities for at least seven days due to an elevated number of COVID-19 cases within the Badgers program.
Zero2Cool (13h) : Texans will be closing their facility due to a player testing positive for COVID-19, source said. They are on a bye week now. They are testing all other players.
beast (14h) : As long as they have excuses, MM will stay at least 3 years... they refused to let the prior guy go until his contract was up. Cowboys need more defensive talent and they got no cap space.
Zero2Cool (16h) : Someone might be traded, lol. Report: Bengals tell Carlos Dunlap to stay home Wednesday
Cheesey (28-Oct) : The Cowboys stunk WITH Dak as QB. But maybe J.Jones will give MM another year before he cans him.
Smokey (28-Oct) : An Ohh S--T, decision !
Smokey (28-Oct) : 100% Agree
TheKanataThrilla (28-Oct) : Tampa GM is stupid
TheKanataThrilla (28-Oct) : I hope they win, but sorry Tampa I think pulling Snell is stupid at this point.
TheKanataThrilla (28-Oct) : Does the current QB injury situation save Mike McCarthy from being fired?
Zero2Cool (28-Oct) : Oh, my bad. Dallas Cowboys traded him. Oops
Zero2Cool (28-Oct) : Vikings traded Everseon Griffen to Lions.
Zero2Cool (28-Oct) : Panthers release CB Josh Hawkins after he was seen dancing in public without a mask
Zero2Cool (27-Oct) : Dolphins are exploring trade offers for CB Xavien Howard, per @OmarKelly. They have an offer on the table and are seriously considering moving him before next week's deadline. Howard signed a large 5-
Zero2Cool (27-Oct) : Badgers QB Graham Mertz positive test *confirmed* for COVID-19. He'll miss 21 days.
Zero2Cool (27-Oct) : Why we go up, and down all the time?
Cheesey (27-Oct) : Thanks for the info Wayne!
Zero2Cool (27-Oct) : Wisconsin is potentially down to its fourth string quarterback for the next 21 days because of overly restrictive Big Ten policies on positive covid test results
wpr (27-Oct) : Cheesey, not really. If he was good he wouldn't have been released. He has never had 500 yards in a season. In his best year he caught 45 passes out of 64 targets..
Cheesey (27-Oct) : I don’t know anything about him. Is he any good?
Zero2Cool (27-Oct) : From Twitter... Packers are bringing in veteran WR Seth Roberts, who was released by the Panthers earlier today. A source said the plan is to sign him to the practice squad initially.
Smokey (26-Oct) : Fred & Ethel Mertz used be "Lucey & Rickey's" neighbors on the I Love Lucey show. Is this fellow related ? LOL
Zero2Cool (26-Oct) : @Gil_Brandt Davante Adams has two games this season of 150+ receiving yards and 2+ receiving touchdowns. The rest of the NFL's receivers has two such games in 2020 (Justin Jefferson and Tyler Lockett)
Cheesey (26-Oct) : Mertz, the Wisconsin Badgers QB.
Zero2Cool (26-Oct) : Terrible. @JosinaAnderson Odell Beckham Jr just text me that his ACL is torn and that his season is over.
Smokey (26-Oct) : Who?
Zero2Cool (26-Oct) : Graham Mertz, who had a record-setting first career start Friday, tested positive for COVID-19
yooperfan (26-Oct) : Thanks WPR, I had never heard his name before.
Mucky Tundra (26-Oct) : What is it with Seattle and close games?
wpr (26-Oct) : Yoop Black is a PS player called up for the game.They sent him back down already. I hope Amos gives him the ball b/c that may be his only game trophy.
KRK (26-Oct) : T/F after the game, 12 was talking to Ken Stills for 5 minutes. Trade for Stills?
yooperfan (25-Oct) : Who the hell is Henry Black?
Cheesey (25-Oct) : I agree Zero. Helmet to helmet as he was sliding.
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Terrible hit on Andy Dalton.
Cheesey (25-Oct) : Wow Yoop! I didn’t think you were that much older then me.
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Inactives : 32 RB Tyler Ervin 33 RB Aaron Jones 69 T David Bakhtiari 10 QB Jordan Love 20 CB Kevin King 95 DL Tyler Lancaster 26 S Darnell Savage
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Official. Damn it! Aaron Jones— OUT today for GB.
yooperfan (25-Oct) : Cheesey I’m going on 73.
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : Ego has no amigo
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : NFL fined the #Titans $350,000 for violating COVID-19 protocols. League won’t hand out individual fines or strip draft picks. Case closed.
Mucky Tundra (25-Oct) : Holy crap what a crazy ending to a World Series game!
Zero2Cool (25-Oct) : We'll see about Jones. Packers are leaning on holding him, but it's game time decision.
packerfanoutwest (25-Oct) : Jones is out for the game with a calf strain
packerfanoutwest (25-Oct) : Jones is out for the game with a calf strain
Cheesey (25-Oct) : Not surprised about Bak. I think the Packers knew all along he wasn’t going to play.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 8:00 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

1h / Random Babble / beast

3h / Random Babble / KRK

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

28-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

27-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

26-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Oct / GameDay Threads / Cheesey

26-Oct / Around The NFL / wpr

25-Oct / Random Babble / Cheesey

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.