Zero2Cool
4 years ago
The last week or so has been quite hectic in my life. At least, hectic for what I'm accustomed to. I am a very routine, planned out person and try making sure I'm not inconveniencing anyone.  I felt like every turn I took I was getting in the way of others. 

Long story short, I didn't handle it as well as I could or should have. If I took out those frustrations on folks here, I sincerely apologize. I do not wish to make anyone to feel their thoughts, opinions or what not is not welcomed.  

Again, I apologize for my being an asshole the last couple weeks, well, MORE of an asshole. None of you did anything to deserve it. It was unfair and I am sorry. 

If you're curious about some of the highlighted details of what's been going on, here you go. If you don't read it, that's fine. It felt good to get it out anyway.

A few weeks ago I brought my truck in for an estimate. They came back saying I needed $3,645.57 ($2,061.07 in parts and $1,349.85 in labor) in repairs. Clearly, I am in the wrong profession!  The truck is a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L so as you can imagine, that's a lot of money for an old ass ride.  They outlined lots of front end work (tie rods, axles, ball joints, etc), power steering pump, transmission mount and driver side hydraulic brake hose.  I knew about the front end work, which is why I brought into the shop to begin with.

I spent a week or so buying up all the parts, including wheel bearings which brought the total to $905.  My buddy Cory says he bring it over Saturday (11/9) and he'll get it done that day or Monday.

That same Saturday our web host was attacked. When I checked in the morning and got the error, I figured meh, it'll be back up in 5 minutes, no worries. As I checked periodically through the day I grew worrisome. My daughter had a performance that evening so didn't get back home until late. Site still down.

Sunday 11/10 - I scrambled to get a new host that could handle our database and everything. Got the site "sorta" online. Figured, OK, we lost like five months of posts, but my host says once we the databases unecrypted we'll be ready to rock. I'm thinking so I'll have to merge the data, so what. I can handle that.

Monday 11/11 - I have to get tires for my car and my girlfriends car, plus have Cory replace the wheel bearings on the front end. Scheduling this was difficult as my girlfriend was leaving for work travel Tuesday morning, which meant I was handling my girls, plus her two little ones too.  End of the day, still no word on my truck.

Tuesday 11/12 - Around 7:40 PM Cory says truck is done, but instead of $400 he needs $450. It's not the money that bothers me, it's that I had to make an extra trip. Another problem was the Saturn wasn't at home, so I had to have Keiana give me a ride to the Saturn, so I could swap it for the truck.   And that meant Rebecca had to watch the girlfriends kids. After getting to Cory's he says one of the steel brake lines is ready to burst and I need an alignment (expected). 

-- I'm thinking OK so tomorrow schedule an alignment and pick up the Saturn and how the hell am I gonna do this --

Tuesday 11/12 - Around 11 PM Cory texts me the Saturn is done, come get it otherwise it'll get a ticket if parked on the road overnight. Once again, I need Keiana drive me -- she was fine with it, but I hated having to rely on her when she should be sleeping.  Cory put me in a shitty spot there -- I feel anyway.  
Wednesday 11/13 - Saturn is done. Truck is done. Work slams me like a shit ton of bricks. Apparently, everything that others couldn't do fell into my lap and each of the four things were emergencies. Meaning, drop everything and work on it. I had people coming in an out of my area non-stop.  I somehow got my truck scheduled for an alignment for Thursday an they said drop it off today. Keiana finished school around 1 PM and picked me up at the shop where I dropped the truck off.  Work keeps hammering me to fix things I don't support or have knowledge about. The other three developers were gone and so was the database administrator and her backup.   The shop calls saying truck is done, but we noticed your brakes were really soft.  I finish work and Keiana picks me up and drops me off at the shop. I get into the truck and brake pedal goes straight to the floor. Oh, and it's the worst road weather we've had this winter.  I put it in 4x4 and drove slow and used parking brake and lever to slow me down while keeping a distance. It took me 50 minutes to do a 15 minute drive.  

Friday  11/15 - Vacation day. I see the hydraulic brake hose is squirting, so I start taking it off. But there's a rusty bracket that has four other brake lines connected to it. If I turn it wrong, I'll be forced to redo all brake lines. I call up a shop to see how much it'll cost for them to do it. The lady wouldn't even hear me out and said "I need to see it".  I looked up the brake hose again and this time found one without that bracket.  I was excited thinking holy shit, I might actually be able to do this after all. I go to AutoZone for the steel brake line that is rusted through and the guy does not know anything about parts. Nice guy, but wasted 45 minutes or more of my time because he wouldn't listen to me. Finally get the line. I replace the brake hose and the steel line connected to it and start pumping the brakes. I see two steams squirting!! WTF!! I was dejected as hell thinking when the hell is this gonna end!! I take off the busted brake line which went from behind the front driver side tire towards the front of the truck and back to behind the passenger front tire. Wow. 

Saturday 11/16 - The girlfriend and I bring her Saturn to the tire shop and they say 4-5 hours they'll have both Kia and Saturn tires done. I said nope, I need one of the vehicles, you only get the Saturn.  We head home and pick up the brake line I need. Somehow, someway, I get that punk installed and no more leaks! Elation sets in! Smart me, I thought ahead and bought two new bleeder valves figuring the old ones are rusted. Driver side one comes off just fine. I go to passenger side and that sommbitch breaks off!! That means I need to replace the brake caliper!! Elation gone, pissed off sets in again. I'm extremely careful with the caliper bolts and STRIP. They have the stupid female star shape junk. So I'm thinking great, I need the damn bracket too! I look around town and NO ONE has the damn caliper bracket!  I rip the existing bracket and caliper off the truck and somehow get the caliper separated. Good news, I only need the caliper. I'm back in business!  I pick up the caliper and guess what. GUESS FREAKING WHAT! The damn brake caliper comes WITH the damn bracket I spent an hour looking for!! And a new bleeder valve. Go figure.  As I'm ready to bleed the brakes the tire shop calls saying Saturn is done, come get it before 5 PM.  That gave me 30 minutes to bleed the brakes AND get across town.  We ended up getting the Saturn at 4:58 PM. 

Sunday 11/17 - Work has a SQL server upgrade that I'm part of starting at 7 AM. Not ideal, but hey my truck is done!  While waiting for my part I hit PackersHome.com ... ... ERROR. WTF! NO!  Worst part about it is I can't do shit about it because I'm working and we have this clown who doesn't have a clue what to do fumble farting around.  And while this is going on we get a Priority 1 incident (that means STOP everything and fix issue).  I'm irritated that the site is down AGAIN. Thankfully, I didn't cancel the 'new' host and while juggling that crap was able to get the real files upload to the new host and get the DNS pointed to as well.  What really pisses me off about the host is I spent hours helping others getting their sites back online and threw up a guide for folks and what not. And then 503 error.  Pissed off was an understatement.  

Monday 11/18 - My mother would be 57 today and that is something that I should he handling better, but that's been weighing on me hard. It always does in November until after the 18th. I don't know why I can't handle it better, but I am working on it.  It is also Rebecca's 16th birthday today and I don't want it to be sour for her because it's grandma's birthday. 

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
And the more important issue for folks here -- the web host issue is still an issue. They have addressed the 503 errors saying to recycle the app pool. And if the site goes down again we customers should buy more memory. This is not an acceptable solution. All of my sites worked fine with the memory allocated previously, I won't be buying more memory to have the same results.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago
Kevin,

1. I figure your good for 2 or 3 Mt Vesuvius meltdowns a year. It comes with the territory. The way I see it, I'd rather have you yell and bitch at us than your kids or GF. (She's deck you.)

2. Why you put up with all the crap that it takes to run a website is beyond me. If figure you are a glutton for punishment because I can'rt see anything therapeutic in it.

3. Anyone that can do more than change their oil and spark plugs is a genius. I messed everything up just changing the frik'n headlights. (Low beams. I bought high beams by mistake.)

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Kevin,

1. I figure your good for 2 or 3 Mt Vesuvius meltdowns a year. It comes with the territory. The way I see it, I'd rather have you yell and bitch at us than your kids or GF. (She's deck you.)

2. Why you put up with all the crap that it takes to run a website is beyond me. If figure you are a glutton for punishment because I can'rt see anything therapeutic in it.

3. Anyone that can do more than change their oil and spark plugs is a genius. I messed everything up just changing the frik'n headlights. (Low beams. I bought high beams by mistake.)

Originally Posted by: wpr 

It's worth it because of the people here. And I need to have my actions display that instead of coming off like I take it for granted. Because outburst or not, I truly do ask myself "why the hell do you folks keep coming here". I mean, I haven't had any chance to update the site in years. There's no breaking news or nothing like that. It truly baffles me. Especially when I read something I wrote and cringe thinking WTF is my problem.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

It's worth it because of the people here. And I need to have my actions display that instead of coming off like I take it for granted. Because outburst or not, I truly do ask myself "why the hell do you folks keep coming here". I mean, I haven't had any chance to update the site in years. There's no breaking news or nothing like that. It truly baffles me. Especially when I read something I wrote and cringe thinking WTF is my problem.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Your problem is you're psycho (having all those little girls will do that to anyone. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDYSGIRL03!) but we don't hold that against you. And you do have breaking news of sorts with the headlines section.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago
Kevin....we ALL have times like that. The thing that i find most positive about your meltdown is: you not only realize you had one, you actually had the guts to admit it AND apologize! That gives me respect for you!
So many people have those moments, and NEVER will "lower" themselves to say "I'm sorry".

Me, i have been dealing with a leaky roof, which i know NOTHING about. My wife called so many roofers, and all but one blew her off. The one that came over, went up on the roof and said what needed to be done to at least make a temporary fix. Said they would charge us $350. Well......after 3 more weeks, NO return of our MANY calls, I got frustrated beyond belief. I went to Menards, bought a ladder and a can of roof fix, and climbed up there (using what the roofers said would fix it) and patched it myself. With the cost of the ladder, it was about $100, and i now have a ladder I can use in the future.
Now, for most guys they would say "what was the big deal?" Well, I'm afraid of heights, and with Menieres Disease, I have constant vertigo. Being on the ground, its not that bad. But being scared and dizzy up on a roof? Wasn't much fun. But i got it done at least.

I have had times in the past where I had to eat crow on here for getting angry for different reasons. So I know how you feel, Kevin.
My Dad said to me "It takes a bigger man to admit when he's wrong". I always remember that. He was a wise man.
My Mom has been gone for 29 years, my Dad for 45. It gets easier, but you never forget.
When my parents would take me to the cemetary to visit my Dad's Mom's grave (she died before i was born) my Mom would say toy me "You are never truely gone, as long as someone remembers and loves you".
As long as you can remember your Mom, she's still with you in your heart.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
ZTC reflected:

Again, I apologize for my being an asshole the last couple weeks, well, MORE of an asshole. None of you did anything to deserve it. It was unfair and I am sorry.

He that is without sin, let him cast the first stone.

For the rest of us, fa-get-a-bout-it..its time to move on.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
hardrocker950
4 years ago
Wow Zero - and I thought the past couple weeks were bad for me! I had to replace a window regulator, lug stud, battery, and alternator. Not long after, my furnace took a crap...

You win, my friend.
Mucky Tundra
4 years ago
Tbh outside of a comment directed at NSD during the game chat during the Panthers game I havent really noticed you lose your cool!

Apparently it's the season for car repair woes. Just paid $450 for towing and work to find out I needed a new battery. The lights still came on and I could prime vehicle but couldn't get it to start and it came abruptly leading me to think something else was wrong. Aggravating for me as changing a battery is something I've done before. Then my mechanic recommended new front tires which I do need upon further review. Yay!👎
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.