Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
If more black people pull weapons on cops, wouldn’t it make sense that more of them get shot?
That seems to be lost in the conversation. It’s like moaning that there are more blacks in prison then whites. Like it’s somehow wrong based just on race.
Could it be that this is the case because blacks might be committing more crimes? Are they supposed to just throw whites in prison to even out the numbers?

And again, why are the murders of innocent people at the hands of the rioters being ignored? Aren’t their lives important? Don’t they matter?
Political correctness doesn’t allow us to bring up how terrible these murders and property damage is.
Like it somehow is okay because of what happened to Mr. Floyd.
Riots will cause more racism then what that bad cop did.
The cop was arrested and is being charged. That SHOULD have stopped the protests for continuing on this long.
Let justice be done. And if it’s not, THEN continue the protests.
Again, my opinion.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
I have been staying away from this argument. People are set in their ways and their beliefs and are not going to change them no matter what.

I read this post on FB and found it interesting. No have have not tracked it down to see if it is real or not. But his comment on demography is interesting. Some like to point to Blacks making up 12.7%, Hispanics 17.8 % and Whites 61.3% (as of 6-2016 per Wiki.) that is not the makeup of most major cities. Note- Hispanics can fall into both White and Non White categories and might be counted twice in some of the demographics here simple for expediency's sake. (The numbers are 2010 census)
NYC: White 44% Black 25.5% Hispanic 28.6%
LA: 28.7% 9.6% 48.5%
Chicago: 31.7% 32.4% 28.9%
Houston: 25.6% 25.7% 43.7%
Phoenix: 46.5% 6.5% 40.8%
Philly: 36.9% 42.2% 12.3%

I remember the countless times I canvassed the area afterwards, and asked everyone “did you see who did it”, and the popular response from the very same family members was always, “Fuck the Police, I aint no snitch, I’m gonna take care of this myself. This happened every single time, every single homicide, black on black, and then my realization became clearer.

I woke up every morning, put my freshly pressed uniform on, shined my badge, functioned checked my weapon, kissed my wife and kid, and waited for my wife to say the same thing she always does before I leave, “Make sure you come back home to us”. I always replied, “I will”, but the truth was I was never sure if I would. I almost lost my life on this job, and every call, every stop, every moment that I had this uniform on, was another possibility for me to almost lose my life again. I was a target in the very community I swore to protect, the very community I wanted to help. As a matter of fact, they hated my very presence. They called me “Uncle Tom”, and “wanna be white boy”, and I couldn’t understand why. My own fellow black men and women attacking me, wishing for my death, wishing for the death of my family. I was so confused, so torn, I couldn’t understand why my own black people would turn against me, when every time they called …I was there. Every time someone died….I was there. Every time they were going through one of the worst moments in their lives…I was there. So why was I the enemy? I dove deep into that question…Why was I the enemy? Then my realization became clearer.

Complaint: Police always targeting us, they always messing with the black man.

Fact: A city where the majority of citizens are black (Baltimore for example) …will ALWAYS have a higher rate of black people getting arrested, it will ALWAYS have a higher rate of blacks getting stopped, and will ALWAYS have a higher rate of blacks getting killed, and the reason why is because a city with those characteristics will ALWAYS have a higher rate of blacks committing crime. The statistics will follow the same trend for Asians if you go to China, for Hispanics if you go to Puerto Rico, for whites if you go to Russia, and the list goes on. It’s called Demographics

Complaint: More black people get arrested than white boys.

Fact: Black People commit a grossly disproportionate amount of crime. Data from the FBI shows that Nationwide, Blacks committed 5,173 homicides in 2014, whites committed 4,367. Chicago’s death toll is almost equal to that of both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined. Chicago’s death toll from 2001–November, 26 2015 stands at 7,401. The combined total deaths during Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003-2015: 4,815) and Operation Enduring Freedom/Afghanistan (2001-2015: 3,506), total 8,321.

Complaint: Blacks are the only ones getting killed by police, or they are killed more.

Fact: As of July 2016, the breakdown of the number of US Citizens killed by Police this year is, 238 White people killed, 123 Black people killed, 79 Hispanics, 69 other/or unknown race.

Fact: Black people kill more other blacks than Police do, and there are only protest and outrage when a cop kills a black man. University of Toledo criminologist Dr. Richard R. Johnson examined the latest crime data from the FBI’s Supplementary Homicide Reports and Centers for Disease Control and found that an average of 4,472 black men were killed by other black men annually between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2012. Professor Johnson’s research further concluded that 112 black men died from both justified and unjustified police-involved killings annually during this same period.

Complaint: Well we already doing a good job of killing ourselves, we don’t need the Police to do it. Besides they should know better.

The more I listened, the more I realized. The more I researched, the more I realized. I would ask questions, and would only get emotional responses & inferences based on no facts at all. The more killing I saw, the more tragedy, the more savagery, the more violence, the more loss of life of a black man at the hands of another black man….the more I realized.

I haven’t slept well in the past few nights. Heartbreak weighs me down, rage flows through my veins, and tears fills my eyes. I watched my fellow officers assassinated on live television, and the images of them laying on the ground are seared into my brain forever. I couldn’t help but wonder if it had been me, a black man, a black cop, on TV, assassinated, laying on the ground dead,..would my friends and family still think black lives mattered? Would my life have mattered? Would they make t-shirts in remembrance of me? Would they go on tv and protest violence? Would they even make a Facebook post, or share a post in reference to my death?

I realized that they refuse to believe that most cops acknowledge that there are Bad cops who should have never been given a badge & gun, who are chicken shit and will shoot a cockroach if it crawls at them too fast, who never worked in the hood and may be intimidated. That most cops dread the thought of having to shoot someone, and never see the turmoil and mental anguish that a cop goes through after having to kill someone to save his own life. Instead they believe that we are all blood thirsty killers, because the media says so, even though the numbers prove otherwise. I realize that they truly feel as if the death of cops will help people realize the false narrative that Black Lives Matter, when all it will do is take their movement two steps backwards and label them domestic terrorist. I realized that some of these people, who say Black Lives Matter, are full of hate and racism. Hate for cops, because of the false narrative that more black people are targeted and killed. Racism against white people, for a tragedy that began 100’s of years ago, when most of the white people today weren’t even born yet. I realized that some in the African-American community’s idea of “Justice” is the prosecution of ANY and EVERY cop or white man that kills or is believed to have killed a black man, no matter what the circumstances are. I realized the African American community refuses to look within to solve its major issues, and instead makes excuses and looks outside for solutions. I realized that a lot of people in the African American lead with hate, instead of love. Division instead of Unity. Turmoil and rioting, instead of Peace. I realized that they have become the very entity that they claim they are fighting against.

I realized that the very reasons I became a cop, are the very reasons my own people hate me, and now in this toxic hateful racially charged political climate, I am now more likely to die,… and it is still hard for me to understand…. to this day.

Officer Stalien
#police #bluelivesmatter #policeofficer #cop #cops #sheriff #deputy #policeman #policelivesmatter #lawenforcement #firstresponder #emergency #thinblueline #k9 #CorrectionsOfficer #ThinGrayLine #dispatch #charity #giveback #nonprofit #causes #family #donations #nationalbakesale #frba #dearfirstresponder

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
3 years ago
Thank you WPR for that thoughtful and fact filled post!
That officer said things that really get to the heart of the problem. Pretty much what I have been trying to say, but coming from a black cop that is on the front line. A man who should know, as he has to deal with it every day.
My uncle was a Milwaukee policeman and then detective.
The fear every day that someone might try to kill you, just because you’re a cop, is very real.

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
For some perspective....why you might question peoples motivations

Black Pro-Lifers Arrested for Praying at Planned Parenthood While Hundreds of Rioters Go Free
MICAIAH BILGER JUN 5, 2020 | 12:21PM NEW YORK, NY

In the midst of violent riots and looting in New York City, police in the city chose to arrest two black women who were peacefully counseling women outside a Planned Parenthood abortion facility instead.

The women were arrested after allegedly violating city social distancing guidelines because of the coronavirus. Beatty and Chavannes said they were social distancing.

“Let me tell you something, Christians get it the worst,” Beatty said of their pro-life outreach. “I have not been so harassed by the police until I started doing this! Christians get it the worst!”

She said they were not protesting at the abortion facility, they went there to offer women information and resources for themselves and their babies, as they often do.

“We’ve been at that clinic for a while standing for children’s lives and bringing the gospel to these women because they need help just as well as the babies,” Beatty said. “And we feel COVID has been used strategically to push a bias against abolitionists. We’re pro-life but we’re abolitionists.”

On May 30, police asked the pro-life women to leave the area, supposedly because they were not complying with Mayor Bill de Blasio’s executive order requiring masks, according to the report.

When Beatty and Chavannes asked to see the order, they said the police did not show it to them. Instead, they said the police told them to leave. They refused and were arrested, the report continues.

Beatty said de Blasio and Gov. Andrew Cuomo are just pushing an agenda; they do not really care about saving lives.

“How is abortion essential? How are stores closing and we can’t have Red Lobster and we can’t go to church or fellowship but you can still go and kill a baby?” she asked.

Here’s more from the report:

Beatty called it ironic that while the country has been publicly protesting non-stop for the past several days, she and Chavannes were arrested for illegally protesting. Apparently it’s not okay to protest unless the killing is politically incorrect killing. “We have the right to be here,” she shouted at the police. “Come on! They’re killing Floyds in here right now!”

“Arrest the abortionists, they’re in the building!” Chavannes is heard shouting in the background. Mentioning that she has been unable to find a public restroom, she said, “I can’t find a bathroom in all of New York City … but I can go here to kill my baby? Sick!”

On social media, Beatty thanked people for praying for them after they were arrested.

“It’s good to know we have loyal people when we’re going through a hard time. We have been released from jail and now I have a court date in September. Keep us in prayer and again thank you for all your support!” she wrote.

In the past several months, dozens of pro-life advocates have been arrested or cited while peacefully praying and reaching out to moms in need outside abortion facilities across the U.S. Many were accused of violating coronavirus health restrictions.

Pro-life sidewalk counselors also were arrested or fined in San Francisco, California; Greensboro, North Carolina; Charlotte, North Carolina; Detroit, Michigan, Columbus, Ohio and Baton Rouge, Louisiana while trying to save unborn babies from abortions. Fortunately, some saw their charges dropped after filing lawsuits.

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
3 years ago
Try to save innocent babies, you get arrested.
Steal, destroy property, kill innocent people, acceptable behavior because you’re “protesters”.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Try to save innocent babies, you get arrested.
Steal, destroy property, kill innocent people, acceptable behavior because you’re “protesters”.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

What do you not understand about the difference between a looter, a rioter and a protester? Are you deliberately obtuse?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with protesting. If you have any issues with it, you should probably avoid American History and items that led to the American Revolution.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
3 years ago

What do you not understand about the difference between a looter, a rioter and a protester? Are you deliberately obtuse?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with protesting. If you have any issues with it, you should probably avoid American History and items that led to the American Revolution.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

If you read any of my posts in this thread, you wouldn’t have wrote what you did here.
I have stated over and over that to protest is one thing, to riot and murder is quite different. The problem is, the mainstream media hasn’t said much when it comes to the people that have been murdered during these “protests”. The bad people are using the protests to cover up their illegal activities. Hiding like the rats they are.
I’m not an idiot. I do know the difference. With all the times I stated as such in this thread, I thought I made it quite obvious.
I didn’t think I had to say it more then a dozen times.
Guess I was wrong.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
3 years ago
Did any of you see the video of the little 5 year old black girl at one of the protests? She’s crying and asks a cop “are you gonna shoot us?”
And the cop knelt down by her, put his arm around her and told her “I’m here to protect you. I’m not gonna hurt you!”
Although the cop handled it perfectly, several wrong things are going on here. First, what is a 5 year old doing at a protest, where there’s the very strong possibility of a riot breaking out, and she could get hurt or killed?
Second, why would a 5 year old child come up with “are you gonna shoot us?” To a cop? She wouldn’t have come up with that herself. She was obviously TAUGHT that from adults. And that in itself shows how kids are taught at a very young age to see police as the bad guys that are out to hurt them.
Just like racism is taught at a young age.
And people wonder why we have these problems now.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
Dr MLK Jr.observed:

“It is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which cause persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activities as it is for me to condemn riots. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots.”

King went on to once again denounce violence, arguing,

“Let me say as I’ve always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. I’m still convinced that nonviolence is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom and justice. I feel that violence will only create more social problems than they will solve.”

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
olds70supreme
3 years ago

This is a naive and inaccurate way to normalize the data as it assumes that the distribution in both the white and black population is the same.

wpr's statistics on the city-specific breakdowns is interesting. dyeah_gb, are you willing to explain a better way to look at the data (either in a post or a private message)?
blank