Discussion Board
Smokey
2021-01-01T17:23:21Z
Site looks ugly, quotes are a whiteout, Pick'em is all screwed up.

Change is not always a good thing Zero.

STOP THE INSANITY !
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-01-01T18:20:48Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Site looks ugly, quotes are a whiteout, Pick'em is all screwed up.

Change is not always a good thing Zero.

STOP THE INSANITY !

Thank you. Your feedback is appreciated.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-01-01T19:56:36Z
The site has received a few upgrades.

- Dark Theme is the primary theme now

- Champions and Chat pages received a slight cosmetic touch-up
- Tablesorter was upgraded
- Signatures are back. I'm not sure why I punted them before, but we'll see how it goes this time.

The drop down menus have a white background with a light gray font. It's a problem.

Some other changes you'll notice.

NFL Pick'em Leaderboard

NFL Pick'em : Make your picks

UserPostedImage
yooperfan
2021-01-01T20:16:29Z
Yikes, this site has turned so dark that I can barely read it.
Maybe it’s just me since I’m facing off with double cataract surgery in the not too distant future.
Zero2Cool
2021-01-01T20:17:49Z
Almost forgot. If you are seeing some ugly, you probably need to Clear Browser Cache.

What the hell is that? Glad you asked!

Windows and Linux browsers: Hold CTRL and press F5 a few times.
Apple Safari: SHIFT + Reload toolbar button
Chrome and Firefox for Mac: CMD + SHIFT + R

There's more information here.
https://kinsta.com/knowl...-to-clear-browser-cache/ 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-01-01T20:21:12Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Maybe it’s just me since I’m facing off with double cataract surgery in the not too distant future.

I just flipped you back to PHLight. I also did that for Smokey.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
2021-01-01T20:28:49Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I just flipped you back to PHLight. I also did that for Smokey.

Great, thank you, much better!!

nerdmann
2021-01-01T20:31:39Z
Looks great. ✌
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-01-01T20:38:14Z
I just noticed the signatures are back. Very nice. I will have to get a new one.
no signature
Smokey
2021-01-02T03:17:33Z
Dark Quote backgrounds? What's next, annoying commercial advertising? Cow tipping videos?
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-01-02T03:42:11Z
I think the old look looked clean and perfect, other than maybe a bit bright on the eyes, but you can control that with cellphones and apps (blue light apps are great!). But please keep the old one around as a backup or change up option at minimum.

I'll take a little time o adjust to this new one, I don't think it's not as clean or nice, but bad to say yet either (other than not perfection the old one was in my opinion) though I'm just getting started, and it seems pretty good.

I wonder if more of a white, might be better than this light green, though with the pure white, you'd have that brightness which I'm thinking this design was to get rid of... but maybe a light but dirty grayish but light non-white?

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-01-02T04:55:34Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

I think the old look looked clean and perfect, other than maybe a bit bright on the eyes, but you can control that with cellphones and apps (blue light apps are great!). But please keep the old one around as a backup or change up option at minimum.

I'll take a little time o adjust to this new one, I don't think it's not as clean or nice, but bad to say yet either (other than not perfection the old one was in my opinion) though I'm just getting started, and it seems pretty good.

I wonder if more of a white, might be better than this light green, though with the pure white, you'd have that brightness which I'm thinking this design was to get rid of... but maybe a light but dirty grayish but light non-white?

It's kind of funny. When I put up that theme, people bitched about how bright it was and how non-Packers it was, lol. Of course the Light theme is being kept around. I stated as such in the Site Update  thread.

Keep the feedback coming. I'll be continuing to work on this dark theme.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-01-02T07:01:01Z
Ooooo this current color contrast I really like. The dark one was okay but felt a little off for some reason. Also, the color on the pick'em page when you made a selection was a nightmare.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
2021-01-02T07:01:40Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Ooooo this current color contrast I really like. The dark one was okay but felt a little off for some reason. Also, the color on the pick'em page when you made a selection was a nightmare.

What ya mean?
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-01-02T07:05:13Z

What ya mean?

Ugly Pick'em.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-01-02T07:06:41Z

Ugly Pick'em.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

That's pretty ugly isn't it.

That's not what mine looks like though.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-01-02T07:08:12Z

That's pretty ugly isn't it.

Yup. Check the image file name 😉
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-01-02T07:13:50Z

Yup. Check the image file name 😉

You might need to clear your browser cache. Look at what I posted earlier in this thread. That's what it should look like.
UserPostedImage
jdlax
2021-01-02T08:38:17Z
Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

So a ummmm let’s call him mister wong goes to the doctor complaining about his eye sight. The doctor checks him out and says “I’m sorry mister wong but you appear to have a cataract “

Mister Wong replies “no doc I drive a rincoln continental.”
go.pack.go.
2021-01-02T11:56:21Z
I personally really like this. My only complaint was the quotes being hard to read, but I think you might’ve fixed that.

Thanks and good job!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-01-02T15:38:18Z
Originally Posted by: jdlax 

So a ummmm let’s call him mister wong goes to the doctor complaining about his eye sight. The doctor checks him out and says “I’m sorry mister wong but you appear to have a cataract “

Mister Wong replies “no doc I drive a rincoln continental.”

How very “Cheesey” of you!😂

UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Rockmolder (1h) : I'll go ahead and give my opinionn on whatever you want me to give my opinion on tomorrow.
Rockmolder (1h) : Especially nice to see you're still your senile old self, Dave.
Rockmolder (1h) : Great to hear nothing has really changed, Buckeye
dfosterf (1h) : That being said. It wouldn't hurt to hear Detlev's perspective
dfosterf (1h) : Rock go put your finger in a dyke somewhere and contribute to easing global warming
buckeyepackfan (1h) : Dhazer, damn spell check, still a well oiled machine! Just keeps running!
buckeyepackfan (1h) : RM, dealer still hates Aaron, though I think he liked Gute more than Ted. Merd still waiting for someone to sh-t themselves. Chresey still the funny one.The Dr. Still in the house
Rockmolder (2h) : Figures. You leave this place for a couple of months/years and you come back to a Dave/Alan/Wayne-led Mad Max dystopia of a website.
dfosterf (3h) : I think the rest of the league has great respect for our defensive talent. Not so much for our defensive schemes
dfosterf (3h) : Of course, he was tom brady's bail out dude against a Packers d that usually leaves guys like that open.
buckeyepackfan (3h) : He signed with Tampa to play against The Packers, now he retires?
gpt999 (4h) : Cole Beasley retires? GB could certainly have used him this season...
buckeyepackfan (4h) : Cole Beasley announces retirement. I
wpr (5h) : I know you are having fun. As was I. Carry on Marine.
dfosterf (7h) : I talked to him on fleaflicker
dfosterf (7h) : Lol. Just having some fun. Our illustrious leader will be back in a few days. He just has to ,"Get a few things off my plate" Understandable. he did just move
wpr (7h) : DF, did you forget to take your meds yesterday? I'll bet it comes in suppository form as well.
Cheesey (18h) : No, he will probably charge us DOUBLE!😁
dfosterf (19h) : will probably get a discount or something.
dfosterf (19h) : Oh, and we have healthcare!! Our primary care physician is Dr. Nonstopdrivel. You have to go to South Carolina for your visits, and he can be a little quirkey at times. Just mention this place and you
dfosterf (19h) : Nerdman is keeper of the flame. Dhazer is the extinguisher, and that should just about do it. Damn Zero2Cool's job was a heckofalotharder than we thought!
dfosterf (19h) : Mintbacondrivel is our media statistician czar and bbboystyle is our generalized bitching fellow, on scholarship
dfosterf (20h) : Martha Cateful has carried the gender equity ballot by unanimous consent, and Packfanwayoutwest has the persons of color coalition by declaration .unless somebody up in here dares to mess with him.
dfosterf (20h) : Next up. Keeper of the logic. I personally recuse myself, lean towards several individuals, including beast. But absent proper participation leave that to his cheesity
dfosterf (20h) : Agreed to! Thank you all for your participation in this stellar example of pure democracy!
dfosterf (20h) : Let's have an election for wpr to be in charge of all things technical, excluding Wisconsin drink and beverage, which we all agree is within cheesey like power
Cheesey (20h) : As ELVIS would say, 'Thank you! Thank you very much!"
dfosterf (20h) : I'm not saying it was technically superior to our former site boss, but it was certainly more user friendly! I knew we hit a home run when we elected you!
Cheesey (20h) : Let's see...how to link a video from a cell phone. First, get a link. I prefer a sausage link. Fry it and eat it, and that should link your video. Did that help?
Cheesey (21h) : It's more like "the not very clear" code!🤪
packerfanwayoutwest (21h) : Did he turn over the nuclear code?
Cheesey (21h) : Well, I guess I have to use my super powers to keep this place running! Let's see...where's the "start" button...
dfosterf (22h) : Alan! Wayne has the destruction key!
dfosterf (22h) : Beast. I wound him up a little too tight. It ain't you, bro. Let's let Cheesey run the show for a little while. This should be good.
dfosterf (23h) : aking out here!! Can't handle it.We don't even have loose women when things go south
dfosterf (23h) : OK no response. We are on our own boys and girl. Alan? What do we do? I'm freaking out here! Wayne! Why aren't you bringing stability up on here!!-?? Don't you people know how to run a website!!?? Fre
dfosterf (23h) : Damn, Kev. We all aspire to wisdom. I hope you get over your emotional response and get back to the business of me kicking your ass in fantasy football unless you pull off your miracle
dfosterf (4-Oct) : Whoa. found it. apologize for bitching at you.
dfosterf (4-Oct) : What did you do young man?
beast (4-Oct) : Sorry to upset you Kev, I seriously didn't mean to, I just didn't think your two statements follow the same logic...
dfosterf (4-Oct) : I apologize for him too! We love you! Put baby come back on the record player ,(great song) and forgive us for our insurrectionist proclivities!
dfosterf (4-Oct) : Oh, zero, please come back! If it was me, I apologize ! If it was another fellow moron that is too stupid to apologize
dfosterf (4-Oct) : OMG This place sucks so bad in the last three hours since the site owner left. I can't believe I stuck around for the last 14 years. Definitely 4 stars now.
dfosterf (4-Oct) : One last thing, Alan. How the heck do I link video to this site with my cell phone? Thanks in advance for your wisdom!
dfosterf (4-Oct) : We have to be nice to Zero2Cool when he comes back. He did have a lot to do with this place when we used to let him run it, so be nice.
dfosterf (4-Oct) : In fairness.
dfosterf (4-Oct) : It's some bullshit Kev made up to suck us in. You got this. All hail! Cheesey!
Cheesey (4-Oct) : I can handle it! Uh.... what's a "modem"?
dfosterf (4-Oct) : Hey Alan ! What do we do now? Do you got the technical aspects of running this site? The last guy was kind of weak, we hope you can pick it up to modern day standards
dfosterf (4-Oct) : Wayne has an excellent point..We may suck at the whole undermining of Kev thing.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2022 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 3:25 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 3:25 PM
PATRIOTS
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 8:30 AM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 12:00 PM
JETS
Sunday, Oct 23 @ 12:00 PM
Commanders
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 7:20 PM
Bills
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Nov 17 @ 7:15 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Nov 27 @ 7:20 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Monday, Dec 19 @ 7:15 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 25 @ 12:00 PM
Dolphins
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 3:25 PM
VIKINGS
Saturday, Jan 7 @ 11:00 PM
LIONS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

4h / Around The NFL / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

4-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

3-Oct / GameDay Threads / Mucky Tundra

3-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2022 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.