Discussion Board
MintBaconDrivel
2021-01-17T01:07:26Z
Enter the GameDay Chat  to discuss the game via the instant chat feature. Click HERE  to watch the game!

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 13 - 3 )
    Total Offense = 5th
    Rushing Offense = 8th
    Passing Offense = 9th

    Total Defense = 9th
    Rushing Defense = 13th
    Passing Defense = 7th

    Points For = 31.8 (1st)
    Points Against = 23.5 (13th)


UserPostedImage
Tampa Bay Buccaneers ( 11 - 5 )
    Total Offense = 7th
    Rushing Offense = 28th
    Passing Offense = 2nd

    Total Defense = 6th
    Rushing Defense = 1st
    Passing Defense = 21st

    Points For = 30.8 (3rd)
    Points Against = 22.2 (8th)

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-01-17T01:22:37Z
I can't decide who GB should face. There are pros and cons for both. Probably NOLA.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Cheesey
2021-01-17T01:33:26Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

I can't decide who GB should face. There are pros and cons for both. Probably NOLA.



That’s how I feel.
Not sure which I want to face.
Probably NO, as Tampa kicked us around during the regular season.
But you can bet the NFL wants Tampa to win. The SB in their home stadium, Tom Brady and all.
Guess we will see.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-01-17T04:27:55Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

I can't decide who GB should face. There are pros and cons for both. Probably NOLA.



Let them come. There is one team yet in the North that still draws breath.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
earthquake
2021-01-17T05:24:33Z
I haven't really put much effort into comparing these two teams, but I think New Orleans is the more favorable matchup, if for no other reason than the QBs each team has. They're both ancient but one plays in a dome and has an unremarkable record in big games, and the other is perhaps the best all-time in big games and has a history of winning in cold-weather.
blank
beast
2021-01-17T07:20:58Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

I can't decide who GB should face. There are pros and cons for both. Probably NOLA.

They SHOULD face the winner of the playoff game against each other ;)

But I assume you mean who to prefer... in theory Buccaneers have the weaker pass defense and run offense should help the Packers...

But when we faced the Bucs earlier this season we couldn't stop the run and their play action killed us, plus they got even more offensive weapons now... while on defense, their DL physical matched up with our OL, and Jones couldn't out move their two great speed LBers, plus their heavy blitzing getting home meant Rodgers needed the WRs to get open quick, and important to note, the Buccaneers game was both Adams first game back from injury, and we were missing Lazard due to injury.

So in theory Buccaneers might shut down Jones and Tonyan, but IF they can give Rodgers enough time, the WRs MIGHT run wild, and I've also thought Dillon who's faster than Jones (not nearly as quick, but straight line speed faster), might be able to run over one of the speed RBs and keep going... but still, Brady has all those freaking weapons, do we really want to get into a shootout that we won't be able to run the ball as well in? That's risky.


On the other hand, we could fast the Saints, which both teams best WRs missed early this year, and I think the Saints might of missed a starting DB and DE as well. Saints quick passing attack will give our pass rush troubles, plus our defense biggest struggle has been stopping the run and covering receiving RBs, few better at that than RB Kanata. But Packers matchup fairly well, TE Cook and RB Karma coverage over the middle could cause lots of headaches, but Packers running especially Aaron Jones and Tonyan could be more effective I'm this one, and having the big three WRs all healthy as well.

So I'm thinking the Packers better matchup would be the Saints... plus Brady is used to playing in bad weather... the Saints aren't. And make sure you have an extra guy watching Kamara.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

That’s how I feel.
Not sure which I want to face.
Probably NO, as Tampa kicked us around during the regular season.
But you can bet the NFL wants Tampa to win. The SB in their home stadium, Tom Brady and all.
Guess we will see.



I'm not sure the NFL wants a team in their home city in the Super Bowl... especially not Tom Brady nor the Patriots... as I think they want to avoid the unfair comments... then again, sometimes they seem to think any publicity is good publicity, so I'm not sure how they'd feel about it.


UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-01-17T14:19:24Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

They SHOULD face the winner of the playoff game against each other ;)

But I assume you mean who to prefer... in theory Buccaneers have the weaker pass defense and run offense should help the Packers...

But when we faced the Bucs earlier this season we couldn't stop the run and their play action killed us, plus they got even more offensive weapons now... while on defense, their DL physical matched up with our OL, and Jones couldn't out move their two great speed LBers, plus their heavy blitzing getting home meant Rodgers needed the WRs to get open quick, and important to note, the Buccaneers game was both Adams first game back from injury, and we were missing Lazard due to injury.

So in theory Buccaneers might shut down Jones and Tonyan, but IF they can give Rodgers enough time, the WRs MIGHT run wild, and I've also thought Dillon who's faster than Jones (not nearly as quick, but straight line speed faster), might be able to run over one of the speed RBs and keep going... but still, Brady has all those freaking weapons, do we really want to get into a shootout that we won't be able to run the ball as well in? That's risky.


On the other hand, we could fast the Saints, which both teams best WRs missed early this year, and I think the Saints might of missed a starting DB and DE as well. Saints quick passing attack will give our pass rush troubles, plus our defense biggest struggle has been stopping the run and covering receiving RBs, few better at that than RB Kanata. But Packers matchup fairly well, TE Cook and RB Karma coverage over the middle could cause lots of headaches, but Packers running especially Aaron Jones and Tonyan could be more effective I'm this one, and having the big three WRs all healthy as well.

So I'm thinking the Packers better matchup would be the Saints... plus Brady is used to playing in bad weather... the Saints aren't. And make sure you have an extra guy watching Kamara.



I'm not sure the NFL wants a team in their home city in the Super Bowl... especially not Tom Brady nor the Patriots... as I think they want to avoid the unfair comments... then again, sometimes they seem to think any publicity is good publicity, so I'm not sure how they'd feel about it.




Well since you were critical of my grammar I thought I would reciprocate. Dillion is quick but I don't think he will be on the field when the NOLA RBs are out there. But you never know. I assume you meant "speed LBs". ;)
There are other grammatical errors but contrary to the opinion of some on this board, I am not a complete A-hole.
Viva La Victory.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Zero2Cool
2021-01-17T14:32:38Z
28° ESE 8 mph
Cloudy skies with a few snow showers later in the day. High 28F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%.


Next Sunday weather doesn't look much different than today. Let's see how much it changes in the next few days.
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-01-17T16:28:30Z
Any updates on our injured guys...

Crosby, Lancaster, Dillon, Barnes (where there any others?)

Looks like Barnes and Lancaster might of come back in and played because their snap counts are pretty high.

Speaking of which Clark and Lowry playing over 85% of the snaps is impressive.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-01-17T17:40:57Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 


There are other grammatical errors but contrary to the opinion of some on this board, I am not a complete A-hole.
Viva La Victory.


WPR, Some are not happy unless they can find SOMETHING in a persons post that they can pick on.
It’s kind of like “look how smart I are! I kan find sumthin I kan show how much I no!”🤪😂
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-01-17T20:16:52Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Any updates on our injured guys...

Crosby, Lancaster, Dillon, Barnes (where there any others?)

Looks like Barnes and Lancaster might of come back in and played because their snap counts are pretty high.

Speaking of which Clark and Lowry playing over 85% of the snaps is impressive.



Really hope Crosby is okay. We haven't had to kick a lot of FGs this year but he's been so reliable you hate to see him on the injury report for any reason.

Crossing my fingers we get Keke back for next week.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-01-17T20:18:12Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Any updates on our injured guys...

Crosby, Lancaster, Dillon, Barnes (where there any others?)

Looks like Barnes and Lancaster might of come back in and played because their snap counts are pretty high.

Speaking of which Clark and Lowry playing over 85% of the snaps is impressive.



I've seen a lot of fans asking on various media sources. My guess is unless the player has been hospitalized, the Packers won't talk about injuries until they have to.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
beast
2021-01-17T23:27:36Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

Well since you were critical of my grammar I thought I would reciprocate. Dillion is quick but I don't think he will be on the field when the NOLA RBs are out there. But you never know. I assume you meant "speed LBs". ;)
There are other grammatical errors but contrary to the opinion of some on this board, I am not a complete A-hole.
Viva La Victory.



I'm very glad you're intelligent enough to realize if I'm correcting someone's grammar, that I'm just playing around, and simply making a joke. And not foolish enough to think I'm suggesting that I'm good with grammar, I think anyone who's seen much of my texting (cus I'm using a phone to post here) knows my grammar texting is horrible! And this is why we can make fun of each other without anyone getting butt hurt lol
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-01-17T23:32:34Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

I'm very glad you're intelligent enough to realize if I'm correcting someone's grammar, that I'm just playing around, and simply making a joke. And not foolish enough to think I'm suggesting that I'm good with grammar, I think anyone who's seen much of my texting (cus I'm using a phone to post here) knows my grammar texting is horrible! And this is why we can make fun of each other without anyone getting butt hurt lol



I bet your grammar is a very sweet lady!
And your granper too!🤪😂😂
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-01-18T01:52:52Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

I'm very glad you're intelligent enough to realize if I'm correcting someone's grammar, that I'm just playing around, and simply making a joke. And not foolish enough to think I'm suggesting that I'm good with grammar, I think anyone who's seen much of my texting (cus I'm using a phone to post here) knows my grammar texting is horrible! And this is why we can make fun of each other without anyone getting butt hurt lol



The world needs more fun, ribbing each other posts and less self-righteous indignation.

In other words, bring it bro. It's be curled up in the corner sobbing soon.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Mucky Tundra
2021-01-18T02:53:01Z

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
2021-01-18T02:54:29Z
Mucky Tundra
2021-01-18T02:58:47Z
I've never liked Tampa Bay. Always an interloper to the NFC Central and I hated their D back in the late 90s/early 00s. Oh how I would love to see Z, Clark, Preston and Gary crush Brady on a single sack
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Cheesey
2021-01-18T03:10:51Z
If the Tampa had not whipped us earlier this year, I wouldn’t be so fearful about this game.
I sure hope our guys can beat these punks!
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-01-18T04:06:30Z

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
2021-01-18T13:02:27Z
During the 2019 season the Packers got manhandled by the @49ers. Packers faced @49ers in the championship game and it was a repeat of the regular season.
During the 2020 season the Packers got manhandled by the @Buccaneers. @Packers face Buccaneers in the championship game and I fear it'll be a repeat.

Lambeau Field could be the difference maker for the Packers. The Buccaneers have really face LB's and the Packers seem to try toss plays and stretch runs a lot. Those don't work well against fast LB's. You have to run inside zone against them and be patient.



UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (38m) : Martha, I never would have guessed that.
Cheesey (1h) : And prune juice should be called POOP JUICE!🤪
Cheesey (2h) : Tis true Zero. So....STAY OFF THE GOVERNMENT LAWN!😜
Martha Careful (2h) : Prune juice is actually quite tasty with vodka on the rocks. It takes the edge off and keep your motor running
Zero2Cool (4h) : It's the Government lawn, not yours!!!
Cheesey (5h) : Dag nab it! YOU KIDS STAY OFF MY LAWN!!!!
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Zero, does the renaming come with complimentary prune juice?
Zero2Cool (9h) : What is OK if I do it? And are you talking about me?
packerfanwayoutwest (10h) : oh it's ok if you do it...
Zero2Cool (12h) : Site will be down for a few hours while I rename the Fan Shout → Senior Battle Royale!
packerfanwayoutwest (27-Jun) : Martha,it's 5 o clock somewhere, time for your prune juice
Cheesey (27-Jun) : "Hemorrhoids".... wouldn't a better name be "Asteroids"???😜🤪
Martha Careful (27-Jun) : Mr. Packerfanwayoutwest, I hope your hemorrhoids hurt… But only for a little while. I don’t want to be too mean I like you.
Zero2Cool (27-Jun) : I don't think it's possible to "throw shade", weird. Maybe toss an umbrella??
wpr (27-Jun) : Throwing shade at Martha- Uncool. ;)
packerfanwayoutwest (27-Jun) : go to Denny's if you want a senior discount
Martha Careful (27-Jun) : I thought maybe there would be some accelerated status credit for senior women...boo
packerfanwayoutwest (27-Jun) : pay your dues Martha
Cheesey (26-Jun) : Hi Martha! I believe the levels depends on how many posts and how long you have been here. I've been here 14 years.
Martha Careful (26-Jun) : Mr. Zero2Cool, I noticed that I am now the number 3 poster in terms of volume. Can I be moved to 'Veteran' or at least 'Busybody' vs. just member?
Cheesey (24-Jun) : Thanks, Mucky. I liked his sideline insights. He seemed "real".
Mucky Tundra (24-Jun) : Cheesey, the cause of death is still being determined
Mucky Tundra (24-Jun) : Big oof
dyeah_gb (24-Jun) : He hit the canopy during ejection
Cheesey (23-Jun) : What was the cause of death for "Goose"?
Zero2Cool (23-Jun) : Arch Manning, nephew of Eli, commits to Texas
Zero2Cool (22-Jun) : Tony Siragusa has passed away at the age of 55.
Cheesey (20-Jun) : You hope he had a young man???🥺😆😁🤪
wpr (20-Jun) : Zero2noob Grandpa. Hope you had a wonderful young man.
Mucky Tundra (19-Jun) : Definitely not cool
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : What a double shout n00b
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Father's Day, have a happy one!
Zero2Cool (19-Jun) : Father's Day, have a happy one!
buckeyepackfan (18-Jun) : Chris Sims' top 5.l
dhazer (18-Jun) : I think Buckeye has 1 and 2 right then I would throw in there Russell Wilson and Tom Brady
Cheesey (17-Jun) : Wow. I didn't think they would let him go
Zero2Cool (17-Jun) : Kurt Benkert has been released
Cheesey (17-Jun) : Thanks buckeye!
buckeyepackfan (16-Jun) : 1. Josh Allen 2. Patrick Mahones 3. Justin Hebert 4. Joe Burrows
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Four QB's you and the rest of the intelligent world disagrees with.
Cheesey (16-Jun) : Who are the top 4 QBs then?
packerfanwayoutwest (16-Jun) : Pack Vikes Nov 6 game is on NFL Network
buckeyepackfan (16-Jun) : 2022 "dead time" minutia...Chris Sims ranks Aaron Rodgers as 5th best Qb.
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : DAMN THAT MEDIA!!!
Mucky Tundra (16-Jun) : this shit just writes itself
Mucky Tundra (16-Jun) : @JosinaAnderson Deshaun Watson says he doesn’t think the number off 66 masseuses is correct but that the media needs to directly refer to his legal team.
Zero2Cool (15-Jun) : De’Vondre Campbell sees a talented young LB with a “great future ahead” in Packers rookie Quay Walker.
go.pack.go. (14-Jun) : I didn’t think he really fit the TE body style but maybe I’m wrong
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : Lions have signed former Panthers and Packers TE/WR (and Michigan Man) Devin Funchess as a TE
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : Matt LaFleur says #Packers training camp will open July 27, a Wednesday. Rookies will report July 22. Football is right around the corne
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2022 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 3:25 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 3:25 PM
PATRIOTS
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 8:30 AM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 12:00 PM
JETS
Sunday, Oct 23 @ 12:00 PM
Commanders
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 7:20 PM
Bills
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Nov 17 @ 7:15 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Nov 27 @ 7:20 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Monday, Dec 19 @ 7:15 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 25 @ 12:00 PM
Dolphins
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 3:25 PM
VIKINGS
Saturday, Jan 7 @ 11:00 PM
LIONS
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Cheesey

26-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

25-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

24-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

23-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

21-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

21-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

21-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21-Jun / Random Babble / Martha Careful

18-Jun / Around The NFL / Cheesey

18-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

16-Jun / Random Babble / Cheesey

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2022 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.