Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2021-10-08T21:23:58Z
Regarding DeMaurice Smith. "Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of michellin tires," Jon Gruden wrote, according to the report.

Interesting the timing of this coming out. Apparently you need unanimous vote to remain NFLPA leader person and he got 7-7. It's been reported he might be ousted or replaced. Suddenly, there's a report trying to make Smith a victim over an email about 10+ years go. Convenient, wrong, but convenient.

UPDATE: Here we go, it's not convenient at all on the timing. "WFT workplace-misconduct investigation uncovered a 2011 email from Jon Gruden in which he described NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith with a racist trope, reports @WSJ."
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2021-10-08T21:56:43Z
He wouldn't be in trouble if he was winning.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
beast
2021-10-08T23:01:07Z
I was trying to figure out why then ESPN announcer Jon Gruden was emailing the then Redskins President during the NFL lockout at all... especially since Gruden's brother Jay was not yet Redskins head coach.

But then I realized Jon and Bruce were on the Raiders together, and then the Buccaneers. So they probably knew each other very well.
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-10-08T23:03:15Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

He wouldn't be in trouble if he was winning.

They're 3-1 right now...
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2021-10-09T14:11:28Z
Beast bemused
Quote:

They're 3-1 right now...

This year, true....however since taking over, the Raiders are 30-38
Zero2Cool
2021-10-11T20:16:44Z
Andrew Brandt @AndrewBrandt If I have this right: out of a voluminous email trove in the Washington Football Club investigation, there's a racist email from a coach of another club, from ten years ago, about someone whose future is being voted that day?
Someone in the NFL really wanted him to keep his job.

Andy reading PackersHome.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-10-12T13:36:35Z
Racial comments in email? Keeps job.
Homophobic comments in email? Out of work.

I don't condone either, nor support neither.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2021-10-12T13:45:37Z
Gruden resigns amidst more emails coming to light including:
  • the emergence of women in the NFL as officials and called for the dismissal of players protesting the playing of the national anthem.
  • He also said in an email that the Rams shouldn’t have been been pressured into drafting “queers” when the team took Michael Sam, who was the first openly gay player drafted.
  • Gruden referred to Biden in 2012 when he was vice president as a “nervous clueless pussy” during an email exchange with former Washington executive Bruce Allen.
  • He also called Roger Goodell a “clueless anti football pussy.”

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-10-12T14:58:26Z
UserPostedImage
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
Zero2Cool
2021-10-12T16:48:09Z
🙄
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-10-12T19:35:45Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

🙄
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Where was that I don't care attitude when he was trying to claim the NFL (coaches), Soccer pros and especially NHL are racist because they don't have enough black players and he kept trying to nail the NHL.

That was on Steven A. Smith short lived show... and even Smith was trying to calm him down, and signalling with his eyes... like I love you, but you're going over board here man, we don't love playing hockey... and NFL players we're the majority...
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-10-12T20:54:20Z
Whitlock poses interesting angles at times. But it feels like he does it for the sake of it, not to tilt the needle.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2021-10-12T21:10:02Z
Another angle on the story https://redstate.com/jim...ails-all-of-them-n455637 
Quote:

“Former ESPN analyst Jon Gruden’s leaked emails come back to bite him.”

The leaked emails were from a former ESPN employee named Jon Gruden. Hold no illusion, the source of the leak was Roger Goodell. Jon Gruden was an analyst for ESPN while he blasted away at just about everyone in his line of fire. What made Gruden fun as an ESPN analyst was his “Chucky” side, his loose-cannon personality. Unfortunately for Gruden, he apparently thought that gave him license to insult just about everyone with just about every locker room/bar insult he could muster… and to do it in emails.

Why note that he was an employee of ESPN? Because ESPN is a woke temple of woke thought. You can have opinions, but you must have the right opinion. Sage Steele was suspended because she had the temerity to wrong speak about vaccine mandates. She didn’t disparage vaccines, just forcing Americans to take them. Oh, and she pointed out that Obama was raised by his white mother, and white grandparents, but IDs as Black. That isn’t allowed in the woke temple.

Orlando Magic center Jonathan Isaac articulated why, as someone who is young and healthy and has had COVID he is a very low risk ,was quickly vilified by ESPN hosts/analysts as ill-informed and a circulator of disinformation. The host of “SportsCenter,” Scott Van Pelt laid into Isaac. Other ESPN talking heads claimed he was a “Trumpster.” Those were lies, but they’re priests in the woke temple, so they are allowed to lie and conflate.

Once Gruden’s sins were revealed, ESPN’s “senior NFL Insider” tweeted a veiled “sins of the father” insinuation that maybe Gruden’s son should go, too.

“Even with his father resigning tonight as the Raiders’ head coach, Deuce Gruden remains the team’s strength and conditioning assistant coach.”

What’s my point? I have no doubt that some ESPN employees are deleting emails today that contain insults of blacks, gays, and/or women. But if they insulted people on the right, sure, there might be some blowback, but if you insult Herschel Walker, you’ll be forgiven. But if you’re Sage Steele and point out that Barack Obama was raised by his white family, you’ll get suspended.

I suspect Disney corporate let the troops know. Quietly. Sure, emails are forever, but might as well delete the bad ones, just in case you insulted the wrong idol.

Zero2Cool
2021-10-12T21:46:13Z
Zero2Cool
2021-10-12T22:18:44Z
Man, if Bucs receiver Antonio Brown insulted his assault victims via email ten years ago, he’d be in real trouble!

From Tweeter in response to Buccaneers removing Jon Gruden from the ring of honor.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
2021-10-12T23:52:20Z
Couldn't have happened to a nicer douchebag.

Still, I didn't think he would retire over this - so they probably have worse dirt on him.

As to Antonio Brown, Ray Lewis, et al. I agree, those guys should have been (should be) kicked out of the league. But I'm not gonna cry over the spilled trash that is Gruden's career - nor would him continuing to be a coach be some sort of fair play or equal justice... Insert something here about two wrongs.

Also as a side note, how dumb are these guys sending this sort of stuff in an email, when they have million dollar salaries on the line? Pro-tip: assume anything you email, text, post on a forum or send over a wired or wireless signal in any form is publicly available, and act accordingly.
blank
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2021-10-13T00:05:18Z
Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Pro-tip: assume anything you email, text, post on a forum or send over a wired or wireless signal in any form is publicly available, and act accordingly.

OUTSTANDING ADVICE, ESPECIALLY FOR THE YOUTHS AMONGST US

KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2021-10-13T00:20:53Z
Zero2Cool observed:
Quote:

Two Americas.....
Man, if Bucs receiver Antonio Brown insulted his assault victims via email ten years ago, he’d be in real trouble!
From Tweeter in response to Buccaneers removing Jon Gruden from the ring of honor.

To wit
Quote:

Actual Violent Crimes Are A-OK in the NFL, But Thought Crimes Got Jon Gruden Excommunicated

By J.D. Rucker • Oct. 12, 2021

Michael Vick killed dogs for sport and was heralded by the National Football League. Richard Sherman is playing right now after being arrested for domestic violence, one of dozens of players who did not lose their jobs over actual violence against women. Jon Gruden sent private emails that equated to thought crimes and will never coach in the NFL again.

This encapsulates America today in which breaking “woke” rules is far more serious of a crime than committing actual violence. As Daily Wire’s Matt Walsh posted earlier on Facebook:

Richard Sherman was arrested for domestic violence this past summer. He is currently playing for the Bucs. Jon Gruden used vulgar language in private emails several years ago. He is now out of a job. If you think this is about simple “accountability,” you’re a moron. Nobody was a victim of Gruden’s vulgar comments in his private emails. The people who received the emails didn’t care. Nobody else knew about them. Nobody was hurt or even offended. Call it what it is: Gruden is getting canceled for thought crimes.

The thought police have embraced cancel culture in a way that promotes their Neo-Marxist agenda. There’s no other way to look at this. Jon Gruden learned this the hard way by sending private emails to people that included thought crimes against protected classes. He had the nerve to go after Joe Biden. Had he been “exposed” for sending mean emails about Donald Trump or complaints about straight white males, he would still have a job today.

The backwards tenets of Cultural Marxism demand his excommunication from the NFL just as they demand the cancelation of any conservative who voices opinions against the progressive rot we’re seeing in America today. This is why the January 6 protesters are being hunted by the FBI while Antifa and BLM domestic terrorists are not even being acknowledged by law enforcement. It’s why cities like Seattle and Portland are being allowed to deteriorate for the sake of “equity.” And it’s why conservatives are banned by Big Tech while violent radical leftists are promoted.

Seemingly overnight, America has become a post-truth society in which the powers-that-be call evil good, and good evil. They put darkness for light, and light for darkness. All the while, reality is being subverted in favor of false justice.

Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, I always thought he was an a-hole.

Zero2Cool
2021-10-13T00:22:59Z
Unless I'm missing something, the part about Richard Sherman is kind of bullshit. Taking a headline and mass media raping the fuck out of it.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2021-10-13T01:29:21Z
Z2C questioned
Quote:

Unless I'm missing something, the part about Richard Sherman is kind of bullshit.

https://www.nbcnews.com/...violence-charge-n1273951 
beast
2021-10-13T03:52:44Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Unless I'm missing something, the part about Richard Sherman is kind of bullshit. Taking a headline and mass media raping the fuck out of it.

This whole thread is becoming bullshit...

The Subject was Jon Gruden getting fired based on his old emails, ...

Then political bullshit hating on Disney and ESPN comes up, which absolutely has nothing to do with Jon Gruden or his emails... (yes he worked at ESPN, but how does that play into the story? It doesn't, it's completely bullshit)

Also I really don't like Richard Sherman at all ... and he got arrested for domestic violence but I thought that was because he was trying to wrestle his wife's uncle?

And yet the article claims he's playing despite violence against woman... I lost track, but when did his wife's uncle become a woman?

And Jason Whitlock, automatically bullshit...

This entire thread has become basically pure bullshit!
UserPostedImage