Discussion Board
MintBaconDrivel
2022-01-14T19:50:24Z
Join the GameDay Chat  to discuss the game via the instant chat feature.
Click HERE  to watch the game!

UserPostedImage
Green Bay Packers ( 13 - 4 )
    Total Offense = 10th
    Passing Offense = 8th
    Rushing Offense = 18th

Total Defense = 9th
    Passing Defense = 10th
    Rushing Defense = 11th

Points For = 26.5 (10th)
    Points Against = 21.8 (14th)

UserPostedImage
San Francisco 49ers ( 10 - 7 )
    Total Offense = 7th
    Passing Offense = 12th
    Rushing Offense = 7th

Total Defense = 3rd
    Passing Defense = 6th
    Rushing Defense = 7th

Points For = 25.1 (13th)
    Points Against = 21.5 (10th)

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2022-01-14T20:26:07Z
Barry's gonna have some unscouted looks on defense with all these guys coming back.

Hope they're ready.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2022-01-14T20:44:01Z
They got to get healthy enough to play first, took a long time for Bak to get on the field after he was activated.

I think they're coming, back let's not count on them too early, that being said, they were planning on using some 3 OLBers packages which they never got to use much of.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2022-01-15T01:49:39Z
I'll wait until we know who's coming to GB.
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy
nerdmann
2022-01-15T04:47:01Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

They got to get healthy enough to play first, took a long time for Bak to get on the field after he was activated.

I think they're coming, back let's not count on them too early, that being said, they were planning on using some 3 OLBers packages which they never got to use much of.

Worried about Bakh holding up for an entire game. Left the Detroit game pretty early with fatigue.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2022-01-15T05:41:55Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Worried about Bakh holding up for an entire game. Left the Detroit game pretty early with fatigue.

I've wondered about that and if we should be concerned, but I'd like to note, it's possible he just got the wind knocked out of him... and needed a breather.

Also, Nijman might be able to easily cover him for a drive, if he knows ahead of time... and they can call plays a bit different knowing this as well.

I also noticed a strong majority of those early plays seemed to be pass plays, which I wasn't sure why, but maybe get guys over certain passing marks? Or maybe testing Bak more in passing situations?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-01-17T01:04:57Z
Looks like it's the 49ers coming to town. 😬
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
2022-01-17T01:13:37Z
This is a game the Packers really should win — and that's precisely what scares me.
UserPostedImage
jdlax
2022-01-17T02:01:55Z
I’ve seen it speculated that if the game is Saturday then Nick Bosa should not be playing due to a concussion knocking him out of today’s game. I assume that just means they’ll find a doctor who says he doesn’t have one.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2022-01-17T02:13:39Z
GB 24
SF 10
nerdmann
2022-01-17T02:25:42Z
Originally Posted by: jdlax 

I’ve seen it speculated that if the game is Saturday then Nick Bosa should not be playing due to a concussion knocking him out of today’s game. I assume that just means they’ll find a doctor who says he doesn’t have one.

They might even check him for real, which he may or may not pass. Bucs had a couple oline dudes go down today too.
Mucky Tundra
2022-01-17T02:32:36Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

They might even check him for real, which he may or may not pass. Bucs had a couple oline dudes go down today too.

Arians sending Wirf back out with a sprained ankle only to reinjure it would probably take the cake as the dumbest coaching decision this weekend before Shanahan and McCarthy tried to one up him and then each other.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2022-01-17T04:13:25Z

beast
2022-01-17T04:13:41Z
Originally Posted by: jdlax 

My understanding is concussion are unpredictable in recovery speed, so there is no set time limits how someone should sit out for one, other than the rest of the day. Meaning in theory, he could potentially pass concussion test tomorrow and play tomorrow if there was a game. So I don't think Saturday or Sunday really matters, it's the healing that matters.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Arians sending Wirf back out with a sprained ankle only to reinjure it would probably take the cake as the dumbest coaching decision this weekend before Shanahan and McCarthy tried to one up him and then each other.

If Arians did do that (and it wasn't simply Wirf forcing his way back), then that makes the Antonio Brown/Bruce Arians ankle sideline argument more interesting.

UserPostedImage
beast
2022-01-17T04:17:13Z

Honestly the 49ers are going to be a tough battle, it very might come down to whom is healthy and stays healthy for the game. I think one could argue the Packers beat the 49ers in week 3 because their CBs were knocked out of the game, and then the 49ers were able to come back with TE Kittle and FB Juszczyk after Barnes got knocked out of the time and the 49ers picked on Summers and Burks at ILB.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2022-01-17T04:19:36Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

If Arians did do that (and it wasn't simply Wirf forcing his way back), then that makes the Antonio Brown/Bruce Arians ankle sideline argument more interesting.

Even if Wirf wanted back in, there was no reason for him to be in. Tampa was rolling the Eagles from the get go. If your All-Pro RT suffers an ankle injury, you make do against a #7 seed that you already have the lead on.

Edit: Found these clips

Yeah, that's just poor injury management by the Bucs. Doesn't matter if you're unsure about 5th rounder Joe McPitstain from Hogshit U, you need your big guns for Dallas/LA/Arizona next week. Besides, Arians offense doesn't really value pass catching TEs or RBs, keep a guy in to chip to help whoever comes in.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
bboystyle
2022-01-17T05:11:26Z
Call it the last dance, revenge tour, ect. it dont matter. Packers should win and plug their SB ticket vs whoever they play in the NFC ship game. all these teams have flaws and none of them scare me.

Packers are literally the only team who can beat them selves out there
blank
macbob
2022-01-17T15:44:13Z
Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Call it the last dance, revenge tour, ect. it dont matter. Packers should win and plug their SB ticket vs whoever they play in the NFC ship game. all these teams have flaws and none of them scare me.

Packers are literally the only team who can beat them selves out there

Actually, any of the teams out there "...can beat them selves..." lol

Arguably, the Cowboys did that last night.

EVERYBODY scares me.

We played 3 of the 4 remaining teams in the regular season, winning the 3 games by a combined total of 13 pts (SF by 2, ARI by 3, LA by 8 ).

We won 5 games by a combined total of 11 points (SF, ARI, CIN, BAL, CLE). Our 13-4 record wasn't that far off from 8-9.

The Packers have flaws, and big question marks on whether the injured starters will be able to fill some of the gaps.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2022-01-17T15:46:07Z
It looks like the bettors got this over/under sitting at 48 points and Packers are -5.5 so they got Packers 27, 49ers 21.

If Nick Bosa and Fred Warner miss the game, the Packers might have a chance. That 49ers running game scares me, so does George Kittle.

Zero Rankings
3 Packers
15 49ers

However, over last three regular season games Packers were 30th and 49ers were 25th.

Revisiting teams that concern me.
  1. 49ers, very physical offense and defense
  2. Rams, very physical defense
  3. Cowboys, a lot of offensive weapons (GONE)
  4. Eagles, crazy good at running the ball -- Packers defensive weakness (GONE)
  5. Buccaneers
  6. Cardinals

Here's some statistics for regular season.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2022-01-17T16:43:16Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It looks like the bettors got this over/under sitting at 48 points and Packers are -5.5 so they got Packers 27, 49ers 21.

If Nick Bosa and Fred Warner miss the game, the Packers might have a chance. That 49ers running game scares me, so does George Kittle.

Zero Rankings
3 Packers
15 49ers

However, over last three regular season games Packers were 30th and 49ers were 25th.

Revisiting teams that concern me.

1. 49ers, very physical offense and defense
  2. Rams, very physical defense
  3. Cowboys, a lot of offensive weapons (GONE)
  4. Eagles, crazy good at running the ball -- Packers defensive weakness (GONE)
  5. Buccaneers
  6. Cardinals

Here's some statistics for regular season.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Over the last three games, without Merciless, Smith, Alexander. Does that count the scrubs we played against Detroit?
hardrocker950
2022-01-17T16:44:48Z
Very winnable game - Packers need to stop the run, which has been hit and miss the last few weeks. You make Jimmy throw, he WILL put the ball in harm's way.

Offense need to run the ball - wear down that 9ers front. Nobody wants to try to tackle a guy like Dillon in the cold - take advantage. Their secondary is a liability, so if given some time to throw, should be able to move the chains through the air.

Packers 27
69ers 17
"I enjoy being just one of 53 on the team." - Aaron Rodgers