Zero2Cool
a year ago
After the Week 18 loss Aaron Rodgers said the decision to return to the Packers isn't just his to make. He said there has to be mutual interest from the Packers. 

Brian Gutekunst was ask about Rodgers comments and seemed a little surprised. Gutekunst said the contract the Packers gave Rodgers was a commitment for 2022 and beyond. 

Today on Pat McAfee, Rodgers once again mentioned there needing to be mutual interest.  He also said he wants to finish out his career with Marcedes Lewis and Randall Cobb. This could mean he's gonna retire now. 

OR the "mutual interest" that Rodgers wants the Packers to show him is re-signing both Marcedes Lewis and Randall Cobb. 

Rodgers also said he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild and then said there are only a couple teams that are actually rebuilding. He mentioned the Texans as one of them. Keep in mind that after the Lions game Rodgers said the Packers were only a couple players away.

My immediate gut feeling is Rodgers is leveraging retirement as a tool to keep his boys on the roster for another season.

"If they want to go younger and think Jordan (Love) is ready to go - then that might be the way they want to go. If that's the case and I still l want to play - there's only one option, right? It's to play somewhere else." said Rodgers.  Well, I say if they felt Love would be go to go in 2023, why would they offer him ~$150 million contract and the GM explicitly say the contract was a commitment beyond 2022? Really feels like he's angling to retain Cobb and Lewis and using retirement as his leverage.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

After the Week 18 loss Aaron Rodgers said the decision to return to the Packers isn't just his to make. He said there has to be mutual interest from the Packers. 

Brian Gutekunst was ask about Rodgers comments and seemed a little surprised. Gutekunst said the contract the Packers gave Rodgers was a commitment for 2022 and beyond. 

Today on Pat McAfee, Rodgers once again mentioned there needing to be mutual interest.  He also said he wants to finish out his career with Marcedes Lewis and Randall Cobb. This could mean he's gonna retire now. 

OR the "mutual interest" that Rodgers wants the Packers to show him is re-signing both Marcedes Lewis and Randall Cobb. 

Rodgers also said he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild and then said there are only a couple teams that are actually rebuilding. He mentioned the Texans as one of them. Keep in mind that after the Lions game Rodgers said the Packers were only a couple players away.

My immediate gut feeling is Rodgers is leveraging retirement as a tool to keep his boys on the roster for another season.

"If they want to go younger and think Jordan (Love) is ready to go - then that might be the way they want to go. If that's the case and I still l want to play - there's only one option, right? It's to play somewhere else." said Rodgers.  Well, I say if they felt Love would be go to go in 2023, why would they offer him ~$150 million contract and the GM explicitly say the contract was a commitment beyond 2022? Really feels like he's angling to retain Cobb and Lewis and using retirement as his leverage.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Love wasn't ready last year. 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
a year ago
 Screenshot_20230117-191554_Twitter.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Screenshot_20230117-191554_Twitter.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Are you intentionally finding the biggest idiots to bring here? Peter didn't listen to the interview. If he had, he'd know that Rodgers was asked SPECIFICALLY about his individual skill. What that tweedle fuck clickbait asshole doesn't say is Rodgers said if he can't have a real chance at winning a Super Bowl, there's no point. Funny Pecker Peter face didn't mention that huh? Changes the narrative a helluva lot. 

And in my next respond I'm gonna tell ya how I really feel bout it!!! 😁
UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago
I still say he gave his answer with the not wanting to be on a rebuild, and he may say we are a few guys away, but what are a few guys ? 3 new wide outs an new TE and a new RB and some defensive help and a kicker? I think it was pretty much stated he intends to be traded. That's just how I took it as GB does not have the talent to win the SuperBowl next year. If he comes back it will be the end of the Packers winning ways for about a decade as they kept kicking the cap money down the road and with him coming back then retiring would cost us $100 million in dead money. Like I said just my thoughts, I see A jones gone next year, Amos gone, and Lazard gone. And we still won't have any cap space as we sit $12 million over right now without any free agents.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I still say he gave his answer with the not wanting to be on a rebuild, and he may say we are a few guys away, but what are a few guys ? 3 new wide outs an new TE and a new RB and some defensive help and a kicker? I think it was pretty much stated he intends to be traded. That's just how I took it as GB does not have the talent to win the SuperBowl next year. If he comes back it will be the end of the Packers winning ways for about a decade as they kept kicking the cap money down the road and with him coming back then retiring would cost us $100 million in dead money. Like I said just my thoughts, I see A jones gone next year, Amos gone, and Lazard gone. And we still won't have any cap space as we sit $12 million over right now without any free agents.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I'm not sure when "couple" has ever meant more than two. Also, Rodgers said on Pat McAfee that there are only one or two teams that are rebuilding and cited Texans as an example. 

Your list of 3 WR's, TE, RB, K and etc ... how do you fathom that to be a couple players? That's nearly a quarter of the roster. Not to mention the Packers have two ascending rookie WR's going into their 2nd year next season. 

I actually wasted 90 minutes of my life and listened to the entire thing, unlike seemingly everyone else (Hey, I got the time, you don't, haha) who is formulating full opinions on clickbait snippets.  I'm envious, you all have lives, haha.

As I laid out in the opening post. I believe Rodgers wants to be shown he is wanted by actions. Those actions being the re-signing of Marcedes Lewis and Randall Cobb. And if Packers do not do that, I believe Rodgers will take that as "meh, Packers won't give me the guys I want, so they must not want me" and take his ball and go home. Personally, I traded his ass to Raiders in Madden. Then intercepted him nine (4 Stokes, 5 Jaire) times the following season. 😂

All in all here, I think we're at the same crossroad dhazer, Rodgers ultimately will want to be traded. As I wrote in my other post that everyone read and thought was wonderful and added comments to, I think it's just time for us to love Rodgers enough to let him go.

I'm with you about Allen Lazard and Adrian Amos playing elsewhere in 2023. I think Aaron Jones gets restructured and remains with Packers.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
Those of you gripping to that "rebuild" comment, try taking 90 seconds and encapsulating the context.

UserPostedImage
Pugger
a year ago

I'm not sure when "couple" has ever meant more than two. Also, Rodgers said on Pat McAfee that there are only one or two teams that are rebuilding and cited Texans as an example. 

Your list of 3 WR's, TE, RB, K and etc ... how do you fathom that to be a couple players? That's nearly a quarter of the roster. Not to mention the Packers have two ascending rookie WR's going into their 2nd year next season. 

I actually wasted 90 minutes of my life and listened to the entire thing, unlike seemingly everyone else (Hey, I got the time, you don't, haha) who is formulating full opinions on clickbait snippets.  I'm envious, you all have lives, haha.

As I laid out in the opening post. I believe Rodgers wants to be shown he is wanted by actions. Those actions being the re-signing of Marcedes Lewis and Randall Cobb. And if Packers do not do that, I believe Rodgers will take that as "meh, Packers won't give me the guys I want, so they must not want me" and take his ball and go home. Personally, I traded his ass to Raiders in Madden. Then intercepted him nine (4 Stokes, 5 Jaire) times the following season. 😂

All in all here, I think we're at the same crossroad dhazer, Rodgers ultimately will want to be traded. As I wrote in my other post that everyone read and thought was wonderful and added comments to, I think it's just time for us to love Rodgers enough to let him go.

I'm with you about Allen Lazard and Adrian Amos playing elsewhere in 2023. I think Aaron Jones gets restructured and remains with Packers.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I can understand him wanting Cobb and Lewis around.  They are a couple of the few guys on the roster close to his age.  But if he sees roster improvement and not a gutting of the team he will be back, unless his body is telling him it's time.
Mucky Tundra
a year ago
If it's gonna take keeping Crosby, Cobb, Bakh, Tonyan and Lewis to keep Rodgers around, then it's time to part ways with Rodgers. The only players from that list that Green Bay should keep are Bakh (keep Rodgers or Love upright) and Tonyan (solid #2 TE). If you're gonna try to run it back, you can't do with Cobb in the slot at his age and salary, he'll never last a full season. As good as Crosby has been at kicking FGs, his leg has been a liability for several years on kickoffs. As great a pick up as Lewis has been and fun as it has been watching him ragdoll defensive players when blocking, he just doesn't bring enough to the passing game and he's not getting younger. 

This isn't just me being a heartless bastard looking at the future of the team. I really wanted these guys to win a ring the past few years. I wanted to see Rodgers and Cobb celebrating a Super Bowl win, esp after their emotional embrace during the 2018 finale vs Detroit. I wanted Lewis to snag a late TD in a Super Bowl rout to put a capstone on his career, see the entire sideline congratulating him while the announcers telling stories about how they spoke with the team during the preceding week and how everyone raves about Lewis and his leadership. I wanted Crosby to win another to put the finishing touches on a great Packer career.

But it ain't gonna happen.

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.