Zero2Cool
a year ago
I would not like to be a journalist in this day an age. It's so easy for someone to point out your false statements. Instead of one editor, you got thousands, maybe millions. Tough profession.

Ryan Wood → It’s been 2 weeks since Aaron Rodgers left the darkness. An experience he said was meant to provide clarity on his future. If he truly doesn't know what’s next, safe to say the darkness retreat failed.

That said, almost impossible to believe Rodgers doesn't know at this point.

Ryan basically says the darkness retreat was meant to provide clarity on his future. This is wrong unless you do not trust the words of Aaron Rodgers. As for the "darkness retreat failed", sure, if you view Aaron Rodgers as a football player only rather than a person who happens to play football. 
https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1623043972406054912 

Ryan Wood → Aaron Rodgers literally devoted both days to his future. He visualized himself retiring one day, and playing again another. No, his NFL career wasn't the only point of contemplation in darkness, but it was a primary objective. It’s inaccurate to say otherwise.

Aaron Rodgers → "I spent parts of couple of the days imagining what it would be like to retire and imagining what it'd be like to continue to play"

Aaron Rodgers → "that wasn't the main reason I was doing it"

Why does this bug me? Aaron Rodgers very early in his career said he something to the effect that he wants to be remembered as a good person rather than someone good at football. And over the years he's made efforts for just that. What do you think the Tuesday with Aaron show with Jason Wilde was about?  Or how about the Graham Bensinger interview? You can even use the Tuesdays with Pat McAfee. It's a way for him to let people know HIM more. This isn't my assumption. He freaking said it himself.

I don't really find comfort in talking about relationships, but I think this quote from Shailene Woodley says a lot. "I don't know him as a football guy, I know him as, like, the nerd who wants to host Jeopardy. That's the dude I know. He just happens to also be very good at sports." I assume that mindset is something he found very attractive. Someone who saw him as a good person first, and good football player second.

So many say they don't want robot answers. They want authentic and genuine answers. By all accounts, that is what Rodgers is doing and then people like Mike Florio and to a lesser degree, Ryan Wood, seem to ignore it because they're shallow and incapable of thinking on a deeper level beyond "grunt grunt, groan, he play football, grunt, grunt!!"

Rodgers does some thing weird (to me anyway) shit, but I'm super thankful for him bringing to my radar and giving me something to think about, even if I think it's crazy-go-nuts.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
I think everyone is just frustrated we got no new news and are being idiots (myself included).

My wild guess is Rodgers told the Jets to sign two for the following three (Lazard, Tonyan and Cobb) and he'll join the Jets and we're waiting for the FAs to be able to talk with teams and find out if the Jets are going to be their best offer.

Because Rodgers wants some familiar guys to throw to, and not have to relearn and get a new connection with everyone or teach them how he does it or his audibles. And the WRs can teach the Jets WRs on what he likes and expects and all that good stuff.

See told ya I was being an idiot too, just wild ass guessing.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I think everyone is just frustrated we got no new news and are being idiots (myself included).

My wild guess is Rodgers told the Jets to sign two for the following three (Lazard, Tonyan and Cobb) and he'll join the Jets and we're waiting for the FAs to be able to talk with teams and find out if the Jets are going to be their best offer.

Because Rodgers wants some familiar guys to throw to, and not have to relearn and get a new connection with everyone or teach them how he does it or his audibles. And the WRs can teach the Jets WRs on what he likes and expects and all that good stuff.

See told ya I was being an idiot too, just wild ass guessing.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I enjoy the what-if speculation. What bothers me is folks who are in roles where others "trust" them an they blatantly lie. That just pisses me off. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, control what you can control. Well, I pointed out to Ryan numerous times where his error was and is. 😁

As for your speculation about Jets. Word is the Jets are panicking a bit because they have no idea what Rodgers is going to do. And the theme I'm hearing from outlets is Rodgers wants to be the one to break the news. They say Rodgers like to be the one controlling the narrative. 
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
Just sayin.

20230313_150028.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Just sayin.

20230313_150028.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

What are you saying because posting "jus sayin" is actually saying nothing of value whatsoever. If you want to jump in on this, feel free to click on the links in the Tweets. You can hear the words directly from Aaron Rodgers mouth and that pretty much will end it.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
How good of a source is Trey Wingo of SI?  
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
a year ago

Normally I would say he's not a source, but he was the first to announce the Jets were going to visit Rodgers.

And Rodgers likes non-sources media members releasing information for him. And it might not be a Rodgers source, but maybe a Jets source as Wingo has only seemed to have a source of Jets stuff, not of Rodgers non-Jet stuff.

And Adam Schefter has claimed the Jets have not heard a decision from Rodgers but then added that the Jets might fibbing to him to let Rodgers make the announcement in any way Rodgers sees fit to announce it.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Trey Wingo is someone who throws a lot of noodles at the wall hoping for something to stick. Some will point out that he nailed Randal Cobb trade. Well, a lot of people were surmising that who didn't have the blue check mark. Trey also said things like "And within the last week Rodgers told the team.. trade or no trade I’m not coming back" and let's be clear, maybe that was said and maybe something changed. I mean, Aaron Rodgers isn't known to hold a grudge or anything, right?

I do say we have to give him credit on the Jets flying to Rodgers. No one was saying it until after he did. So, he definitely got a jump there. 
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (8h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (11h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (13h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (15h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (15h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (15h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.