MintBaconDrivel
10 years ago
What would you do?

Do you follow a different sport? What sport?

Do you follow a different NFL franchise? What franchise?

Do you just have more free time on your hands? What do you with that free time?

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
OlHoss1884
10 years ago
sounds like you have a little too much free time on your hands already. Some hypotheticals are so far off base there isn't any reason to run the exercise of projecting what would happen. The Packers certaily won't go away under any circumstances and are the least likely team in all of professional sports to move. So why bother to ask?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
I'd probably follow Hockey a little more, although it's difficult to follow the team I like. The Penguins.

I couldn't see myself rooting for another NFL team, but I'd probably still watch a game or two on Sunday's.

As for free time ... I'd probably develop a program to take over the world.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
hahahahaha Is this one of those "break 'em up cuz they're too good" things kinda like the old Yankees?

The answer is easy for me. The Cowboys are my second (albeit distant second) favorite team - and not just because of living in Texas for about 40+ years now. It goes back to the early days of the AFL - I was still in Wisconsin then. The Cowboys came in as an expansion team, and the phrase "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" was never more true than when the AFL founder, Lamar Hunt, planted his own team right there in Dallas - head on competition for the Cowboys. I hated the AFL, and thus supported the Cowboys in that struggle. The Dallas Texans, of course, eventually lost the war and retreated to Kansas City as the Chiefs. I also learned to respect the Cowboys as a worthy adversary when we beat them home and home for two straight NFL championships - the one in Green Bay being the Ice Bowl.

I also would devote even more support than now to the Badgers in football and basketball, and if the damned Brewers and/or Bucks ever stopped being so frustrating, them too.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
steveishere
10 years ago
I would probably start following the panthers more. I live in NC so I watch their games and pull for them a lot already.
TheKanataThrilla
10 years ago
I like football for the sake of football and I am currently a fan of players who are currently not Packers so I will always enjoy watching the game just for them. Case in point if the Pack stopped playing this year I would probably focus more effort following New Orleans as I am a Drew Brees fan. I am sure in the future there will be other players I like who I will tune in to cheer for as well.

I would probably watch more CFL football. With a team coming back to Ottawa I would certainly look to get season tickets. I never cared much for the NFL growing up. It was a girlfriend in University that go me interested as she was a die-hard NFL fan so I picked Green Bay as my team because they play in the wintery conditions and I love QBs and seeing Brett throwing bombs in the snow was enough for me to fit both of those likes with the same team.

I would definitely watch hockey earlier in the season. Normally I don't make much of an effort to watch the games until after the Superbowl.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

hahahahaha Is this one of those "break 'em up cuz they're too good" things kinda like the old Yankees?

The answer is easy for me. The Cowboys are my second (albeit distant second) favorite team - and not just because of living in Texas for about 40+ years now. It goes back to the early days of the AFL - I was still in Wisconsin then. The Cowboys came in as an expansion team, and the phrase "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" was never more true than when the AFL founder, Lamar Hunt, planted his own team right there in Dallas - head on competition for the Cowboys. I hated the AFL, and thus supported the Cowboys in that struggle. The Dallas Texans, of course, eventually lost the war and retreated to Kansas City as the Chiefs. I also learned to respect the Cowboys as a worthy adversary when we beat them home and home for two straight NFL championships - the one in Green Bay being the Ice Bowl.

I also would devote even more support than now to the Badgers in football and basketball, and if the damned Brewers and/or Bucks ever stopped being so frustrating, them too.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

The pre Jerry Jones teams were worthy of praise but the whole franchise has been slimed by Jones.

As for me GB is not going away so there is no point to selecting another team. I will not consider the local franchise as a suitable replacement. Therefore

I must sit in a heap
on the floor and weep.
UserPostedImage
beast
10 years ago

What would I do if the NFL severs assocation with Green Bay Packers?

Join the revolution that's about to kick the NFL's @ss... [boxing]

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
Probably latch on to another team that's nearby pending on location. Right now that give me the options of St. Louis, Tennessee and Cincinnati with St. Louis as the frontrunner. Failing that, I would probably try to watch a minor league team (baseball, hockey etc) more in person.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
SINCITYCHEEZE
10 years ago
I know one thing I wouldn't do. That's become a Bears or Vikes Fan. 😣 [puke] 👎 [suicide]
Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (7h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (11h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (14h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.