mkapp
15 years ago
Grant did a good job washing out the lineman on the TD pass to Kuhn too
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
And to think.. IRing him last season.. and temporarily cutting his behind this season may have woke this fellow up.. he never lacked the physical tools... just the desire and mental focus.

Round of applause is due.. both to Wynn and how he was handled.. something needed to change.. and maybe it has for good.

Nice thread Ironman..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
See guys, THIS is the kind of discussions and threads that made me want a Packers website. This is some most excellent stuff.

Sadly, I have nothing else to contribute to it because I was busy babysitting during the game. lol

I did like Wynn when we drafted him. I thought he was going to be a good player for us, then he embarrassed me! I hope he continues his improvement and stays healthy. I like watching him run through people. He's kind of like a Brandon Jacosbs I think.
UserPostedImage
gakko
15 years ago
It's a wonder no one picked him off our PS. Like the Steelers.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

It's a wonder no one picked him off our PS. Like the Steelers.

"gakko" wrote:

I think reputation to date played a large role.. with a solid season under him and good coaching reviews.. this kid has a future in this game. I hope he seizes it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
warhawk
15 years ago

He was solid. McCarthy even touched on it in his PC yesterday.

(How much catching up does Wynn have to do, or is he in good shape from being on the practice squad?)
DeShawn Wynn was moved up on Saturday afternoon and ended up playing in the game on Sunday. I think if you just look at the touchdown play, the blitz pickup that he had in the game, I think that there is a great example of someone that has been here but that's taken advantage of his reps.

"IronMan" wrote:

Check out the TD play to Jennings. (at 1:33)
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b9672a 

Watching this I will say one thing I saw on the fumble by Rodgers. Wynn chipped and rolled out to the right and Rodgers was going there but tucked it and ended up fumbling.

If you replay it you see Rodgers was going to Wynn but DeShawn hadn't turned around yet causing Rodgers to pull it back. I wondered about that when watching the game because I saw Wynn out there open and for a second it looked like Rodgers was going to get him the ball.

This is not so much of a negative shot at Wynn in that with more PT he will get better at the little things that can make a play successful or blow up in your face. I like him in that he may do all three things run, block, catch, better as a total package than any RB we have.
"The train is leaving the station."
WhiskeySam
15 years ago
The big question with Wynn is can he stay healthy?
Nemo me impune lacessit
gbpfan
15 years ago
that is a good point his health issue hope he does rotation can help
earthquake
15 years ago
I would say the unsung hero of the game was LOW PENALTIES. Only 5 for 45 yards, seems like this was the only game so far that they had less than 10 penalties.
blank
evad04
15 years ago

He was solid. McCarthy even touched on it in his PC yesterday.

(How much catching up does Wynn have to do, or is he in good shape from being on the practice squad?)
DeShawn Wynn was moved up on Saturday afternoon and ended up playing in the game on Sunday. I think if you just look at the touchdown play, the blitz pickup that he had in the game, I think that there is a great example of someone that has been here but that's taken advantage of his reps.

"warhawk" wrote:

Check out the TD play to Jennings. (at 1:33)
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b9672a 

"IronMan" wrote:

Watching this I will say one thing I saw on the fumble by Rodgers. Wynn chipped and rolled out to the right and Rodgers was going there but tucked it and ended up fumbling.

If you replay it you see Rodgers was going to Wynn but DeShawn hadn't turned around yet causing Rodgers to pull it back. I wondered about that when watching the game because I saw Wynn out there open and for a second it looked like Rodgers was going to get him the ball.

This is not so much of a negative shot at Wynn in that with more PT he will get better at the little things that can make a play successful or blow up in your face. I like him in that he may do all three things run, block, catch, better as a total package than any RB we have.

Nice point. I was yelling at the TV on that fumble. I didn't know why Rodgers hadn't thrown it to Wynn in the flats. If it's as you say -- that he hadn't turned around yet -- it makes sense.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

7h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

9h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

9h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

13h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

14h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

23h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.