Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Web Page Name 

The Green Bay Packers begin their first practice of Organized Team Activities on Tuesday, but quarterback Aaron Rodgers decided to spend the night before in Milwaukee for a good cause.

The Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer hosted the fund-raiser, "An Evening with Aaron Rodgers" at Mo's . . . A Place for Steaks, with dinner followed by a question-and-answer session at the Riverside Theater.

When he wasn't signing autographs or talking to fans, he spoke in an interview about his interest in the MACC Fund, his new left tackle, playing hurt last year and the buzz about the Packers' No. 1 ranking by a national magazine writer.

"I've been wanting to do something with the MACC Fund for a while," said Rodgers. "My business manager and I started talking about doing something like this and looking for an organization to work with. To me it was a no-brainer to work with the MACC Fund.

"The more I started researching what they were doing, I loved where the money was going, what the organization was doing and the research that was being done. So I was excited to be able to work with them. So we approached them and hopefully it will be a long-term deal."

Jon McGlocklin, president of MACC Fund, said during a phone interview from his home in Arizona that the MACC Fund had contributed close to $36 million for pediatric cancer and related blood disorder research. The primary recipient has been the Medical College of Wisconsin's Midwest Children's Cancer Center. The MACC Fund has a program with Children's Hospital of Wisconsin as well.

"This Aaron Rodgers thing is exciting," said McGlocklin.

Rodgers, who has been featured on TMZ and at the Kentucky Derby, arrived wearing a tailored suit a full hour before a lot of the guests. But there were no limousine drops at the front door; he parked at a regular lot and walked in.

And it is clear he's already excited about the upcoming season.

When all the Packers reported to the team Monday, Rodgers briefly saw the team's No. 1 draft pick, 6-foot-5, 316-pound tackle Bryan Bulaga from Iowa.

"You know what? I don't want to blow him up too much, because I'm going to get after him and make sure that he's indoctrinated the right way as a rookie," said Rodgers. "But he looked to me today more like an athlete than a tackle, which is the best compliment I could give him. He's got an athletic body for a big man, so I am excited.

"The great equalizer is pads - and these OTAs will be good to see the young guys, some of the older guys who are coming off injuries and some of the guys who have a lot to prove. It will be good to see where he's at and hopefully he'll be able to pick up right away once we put the pads on."

In a recent radio interview, Rodgers mentioned that he had been dealing with some foot injuries during the 2009 season. But he fought through the injuries and didn't miss a play.

"I just had a couple plays during the season where my feet hurt me," said Rodgers. "Just kind of awkward tackles. Once against Minnesota, one against Detroit, both at home. I don't want to overblow the story, but those are things that every year, it takes a good month for everybody who played a significant amount, for their body to get better."

Rodgers enjoyed hanging out with Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys coaching staff during the Pro Bowl but then gave himself time to heal. He also sent Packers coach Mike McCarthy a message: "We've got a good thing going."

After playing with Pro Bowl tight ends Vernon Davis and Jason Witten, Rodgers also made a point of telling his own tight, end Jermichael Finley, "You're right there."

Rodgers looks focused, confident, motivated and eager to begin off-season work. He did read Peter King's Sports Illustrated article that came out Monday and said the Packers were the No. 1 team in his NFL rankings.

Rodgers laughed a little, mentioning that King picked the Saints to be 24th last year, something apparently Sean Payton brought up to the reporter after he won the Super Bowl.

"I appreciate all the respect for our team, but" said Rodgers, tilting his head, "it all comes down to how you perform on the field."

He parked in the regular lot? What? He's so totally a ego maniac!!
UserPostedImage
coltonja
13 years ago
this is so awesome! Much respect to Rodgers
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Pack93z
13 years ago
Seems to be taking all the talk in stride and properly... hopefully he stays on that path in year 16, 17, 18, 19.. etc.. ;)

"I appreciate all the respect for our team, but" said Rodgers, tilting his head, "it all comes down to how you perform on the field."

"Rodgers" wrote:

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (18h) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (18h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (19h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (19h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (19h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.