MontanaBob
14 years ago
"First he says he do, and then he don't,
And then he says he will and then he won't.
Oh Mr. Brett Favre just whatta you gonna do?"

"He says he's gonna quit, and that's his word,
But he's back at training camp just like a bird,
Oh, Mr. Brett Favre just whatta you gonna do?"
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
4PackGirl
14 years ago
and yet deanna was VERY vocal about wanting brett to play again...be careful whatcha wish for.

brett's lucky he didn't get injured & i hope to God he decides to retire before something bad happens. he needs to prove nothing else, imo.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
My prediction (which, if you add three bucks to it, you might still get a cup of coffee):

Favre reports to the first offseason workout/minicamp with serious attitude. Announces he has a contract with the Vikings and is completing it, and will retire after the 2011 Super Bowl.

The media, not listening carefully, construes this as a prediction that the Vikings will win the 2011 Super Bowl. Carefully manipulating them with his "aw shucks" attitude, Favre lets them keep this impression and enjoys his "victory tour" through the league without any stupid questions about retirement until the Vikings 2010 season is over.

After the Viking season is over (one-and-out-in-the-playoffs, thanks to more Adrian Peterson fumbles and useless DBs for the Vikings), Favre deflects all questions with "I said I'm retiring after the Super Bowl," thereby guaranteeing him even more victory tour stuff, appearances with Jim Rome, Jim Nance, and forty-seven other sports commentators named Jim, makes the NFL happy by appearing at his last Pro Bowl, throwing three TDs to Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, and Sidney Rice, and thereby the day after says, "Yes, I'm going out on top."

The End.

(the above story is a Wishful Thinking, Ltd Production)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
dfosterf
14 years ago
All I know (and have known) is that whatever he says, there are going to be a lot of people that do not believe it.

This is a good thing for Packer fans. Hopefully he will say he is retiring.

The Vikings will have no choice but to make decisions in the draft, etc. based on that pronouncement, including chewing up a draft pick, possibly making overtures to Donovan, etc.

In a perfect world, the Vikings would acquire McNabb, along with using a 1st round draft choice, and then have Brett change his mind and decide to come back for one more shot at it.

I would enjoy watching just exactly how the Minnesota Vikings as an organization would handle that scenario.

The only one better is if he says he is going to play one more year. The Vikings don't acquire a McNabb, they DO go ahead and draft a QB, and stand pat at the position, possibly losing Tavaris Jackson in the process.

In a perfect world, Brett would then announce that it is just too much, and that he has decided to retire after all. I would be interested to see what everyone thinks about how the Vikings would handle that situation.

As you can see by a couple of examples, this just might not suck for us, :tongue3: , and I see NO WAY that it isn't going to provide for some serious entertainment, and we as fans damn sure already paid the admission price, regardless of our personal feelings about Brett Favre the player and/or how he was handled/treated etc. by us. If it is a disruptive force to the Vikings, well, I'm all for that. :thumbleft:
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
If I were him, I'd think about giving it another year - hell, they were damn close to getting there, and would certainly be prohibitive favorites next season. Then I'd try to get out of bed the morning after the game and I'd be all "fuck that noise - holy hell, that hurts!" and I would retire on the spot.

As for what he'll really do - who the hell knows? What I do know is that's a Vikings problem these days, and they're welcome to it.
blank
RedSoxExcel
14 years ago
The Vikings would be stupid not to take him back in whatever fashion he wants. They have TJ in the background, what a joke. They should have won on Sunday, easily, they outgained them by like 200 yards and had TWO red zone fumbles. Plus a red zone fumble in their own end. They were the better team IMO, why not give it another shot?

But I think he will be in a lot of pain the next few days and he will need to decide whether its worth it. As for training camp, he's proved that stuff doesn't matter. Not really scientific but based on the Vikings boards, it seems like by far a majority of their fans want him back.
blank
chibiabo
14 years ago

and yet deanna was VERY vocal about wanting brett to play again...be careful whatcha wish for.

brett's lucky he didn't get injured & i hope to God he decides to retire before something bad happens. he needs to prove nothing else, imo.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

:pottytrain2: He needs to prove he can play a play-off game without making the same mistake of turning the ball over and thus he has to come back in order to leave on a positive note. Will that happen? Who knows. Least of all Brett at this time.
blank
yooperfan
14 years ago
I think Favre should undergo exploratory brain surgery in the off season.

Perhaps this procedure would allow scientists to understand why some highly sucessful people have giant brain farts in crucial situations.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"4PackGirl" wrote:

He said he didn't have anything to prove both times he retired, yet came back, then says he proved the doubters wrong.

You can only say 'i have nothing to prove, but i proved the doubters wrong' so many times before it looks foolish to say.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

He said he didn't have anything to prove both times he retired, yet came back, then says he proved the doubters wrong.

You can only say 'i have nothing to prove, but i proved the doubters wrong' so many times before it looks foolish to say.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

true. i don't get it. i just don't want him injured. it's not too late for him to retire with class. pride is one of those 7 deadlies.