go.pack.go.
14 years ago
Yes, Deon is definitely in love with Aaron Rodgers....haha.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
DIARY PART 2

Practice has been really laid back for us. A lot of cracking jokes, not a lot of guys going even half-speed. But it's just been more making sure we know what we're doing, we're able to call the plays correctly, and we know when we get on the field on Sunday we have to make some plays.

A lot of veteran guys aren't too excited about practice. Like Asante Samuel, from Philadelphia, he's gone one good rep all week, and it was against me. He knocked the ball away. He's one of the more vocal guys about the length of practice, which really hasn't exceeded an hour all week. But these guys, we're having a lot of fun together. A lot of jokes, and it's fun to be down here.

There were a lot of laughs during the team picture today. It was really bright. It's not going to be a good one of me. Not that there's a lot of great ones out there in general, but I don't even know if my eyes were open. We were looking right into the sun. I don't know if guys were messing around with their facial expressions or not, but there was a lot of joking going on.

This is the first time I've played in an all-star game since I was coming out of high school. It was the North-South Lions all-star game in northern California, and it was the first game I really felt like I could do this for a living. I say that because I had an injury in high school that I dealt with, and it was the first game I didn't wear any type of supported brace.

I remember I ran for a 30-yard touchdown that game and threw the ball pretty well. We ended up losing on a last-second touchdown that they had, but it was a great experience and the first time I really felt like this was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

I was just talking to a friend I hadn't seen since the draft, and you realize that a lot of stuff has changed in the last five years, really the last 10 years for me. But it's exciting to be able to live out a childhood dream. Being a football fan growing up and watching the Pro Bowl, it's exciting to be here and be the starter.

It's been a little busier with the media the last couple of days. It was fun to do the NFL Network interview with those guys. Michael Irvin has been a friend and a big supporter of mine the last few years. Deion Sanders still holds one of the top 10 highlights for me, being able to talk to him between the third and fourth quarter when we got blown out by them in '05, and we reminisced about that. And Rich Eisen does a great job for them. It was fun to be on the set and talk to them, just about what a great experience this is for me, and what a great honor.

There's been a hodge-podge of media out here this week. It's fun to meet different people in the media from across the country, and I'm sure they're all glad to be out here in the hot weather as well. But some of it can get a little awkward. I've had two interviews now where, they could have mistaken me for someone else, but their questions were incorrect. A guy asked me, 'What about that game against New Orleans?' And I said, 'What game?' And he retorted back, 'The game you guys played against New Orleans,' and I tried as kindly as I could to explain that I didn't play against New Orleans this season. It's kind of funny.

We also did a satellite video conference call today with troops stationed at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland, and that's something I always look forward to doing. Anytime you get a chance to interact with the troops, it's always a great honor and a great experience. Those are men and women who serve our country and put their lives on the line daily for us to enjoy the freedoms that we often take for granted.

Back at the hotel, I've spent a lot of time by the pool, just relaxing, trying to get a tan. A lot of guys and their families just hang out by the pool in the afternoons after practice. My brother and a good friend got in town, and we've gone to dinner the last few nights, and we're just trying to enjoy ourselves, which really isn't that hard to do out here.

The fan interaction has been good out here. I think one of the things the NFL wanted to do in bringing the Pro Bowl to Miami was to have more fan interaction, because not everybody can get out to Hawaii. So it's been good to interact with the fans around the pool and with friends of the families, and also at practice. We practice at a high school, so to be able to interact with the high school students there has been fun for us.

They had some Make-A-Wish kids there this morning, which is always a great experience to be able to interact with those kids who are true warriors. Some of them had Packer jerseys on and were from Wisconsin. Anytime we have the Make-A-Wish kids out at Lambeau, it's a special time and I always look forward to that, talking to those kids and their families, because those kids and those families have been through a whole lot. You just know the kind of struggles they deal with on a day-to-day basis, and hopefully it reminds us how fortunate we are and how great we do have it. It also gives you perspective on what they're going through, and to keep them in your thoughts and prayers as well.

UserPostedImage
coltonja
14 years ago
Wow, just shows me even more how blessed we are to have Aaron as our QB. Such a great person!!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I wanted to see (Arizona safety) Antrel Rolle and thank him for what he said after we played them in the playoffs.

Very cool. I thought what Rolle said was flattering.

One bummer about it all - Aaron and his brother moved to San Diego. 😞
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (17h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (23h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (23h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (23h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (23h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (23h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (23h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (23h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (23h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.