DanJustDan29
14 years ago
How diff would the season have been if we didn't lose Al Harris?
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Gotta disagree with you on this one. Rodgers had a 93.8 rating in '08 as a first year starter. I don't think his jump to 103.2 is a freak year at all. He might not get quite that high again this year, but I'd bet he's in the ballpark, and I think it's fair to say he'll be better than his '08 mark. The guy is very, very good, and still has some room to improve. It wouldn't be a shock to see him lead the NFL in passer rating next year, at least to me.

A young team with a young QB, and I think it's fair to expect big things next year, assuming no critical injuries.

"get_louder_at_lambeau" wrote:

Not just Aaron, but I'm thinking of all the QBs who ended the season over 100+ rating. What are the chances of those many happening next year? Well, I'm hoping Aaron does again but won't count on it and definitely don't think we'll have 5 over 100 and 9 over 96.

(By comparison, only Rivers had a 100+ rating last year. The year before had 3, but only 5 past 96. The year before that had only P Manning with a 100+ rating.)

My guess is next year, defenses will find new ways to stop prolific passing.

The other problem is we simply can't expect both Cliffy and Tausher to be 100% next year and start all 16 games. I'd love it to happen, but won't bet on that either.

We need to beef up this OL.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
porky88
14 years ago

Gotta disagree with you on this one. Rodgers had a 93.8 rating in '08 as a first year starter. I don't think his jump to 103.2 is a freak year at all. He might not get quite that high again this year, but I'd bet he's in the ballpark, and I think it's fair to say he'll be better than his '08 mark. The guy is very, very good, and still has some room to improve. It wouldn't be a shock to see him lead the NFL in passer rating next year, at least to me.

A young team with a young QB, and I think it's fair to expect big things next year, assuming no critical injuries.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Not just Aaron, but I'm thinking of all the QBs who ended the season over 100+ rating. What are the chances of those many happening next year? Well, I'm hoping Aaron does again but won't count on it and definitely don't think we'll have 5 over 100 and 9 over 96.

(By comparison, only Rivers had a 100+ rating last year. The year before had 3, but only 5 past 96. The year before that had only P Manning with a 100+ rating.)

My guess is next year, defenses will find new ways to stop prolific passing.

The other problem is we simply can't expect both Cliffy and Tausher to be 100% next year and start all 16 games. I'd love it to happen, but won't bet on that either.

We need to beef up this OL.

"get_louder_at_lambeau" wrote:

You can't assume that a lower QB rating is going to mean downgrade in quality of play. In my view, Rodgers could have a better year, but have a rating of 95. Look at Favre as a perfect example. This was his highest rated year, but anyone who's watched him over the course of his career knows that his 95 and 96 seasons were easily his best seasons IMO.
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago
Personally, I think anyone who thinks this team is a player or two away isn't giving this team enough credit.

Look at it this way: the Packers were 3 wins away from playing in the Superbowl. No one player is going to get you 2-3 wins in the NFL, considering our team. Our QB is elite, we have an outstanding playmaker CB in Woodson (who averaged something ridiculous like 1 turnover per game... outstanding). You've got great talent at the receiver positions, and a RB that is one of the better RBs in the league. You've also got a great Safety who produces turnovers. You've also got a great OLB in Clay Matthews, who can produce turnovers and pass rush.

My point is, you've got some great players on this team... but it's not as if there is one glaring need at a single position that was the result in us falling short to the Cards.

We need a better pass rush - and it has to come from the D-line as much as any new player would bring. Our O-line play at the end of the year was consistent, and they were doing a good enough job to keep our offense rolling against the Cards so it's hard to argue that our O-line was the cause of our loss against the Cards.

Our main problem is solidifying depth: we need quality depth at S and OT primarily. We've got the players on this team that are capable of playing at an extremely high level... but if they consistently played to that level then we are one pretty tough team.

What we do need in terms of player additions is a new Punter, and some more competition at KR/PR. I'm not as down on our return game as many people here, but it can improve so you bring in some competition to try to do that.

Other than that, I think we've got the core pieces here to contribute to a Superbowl run. Adding 1-2 players that are good players would certainly help that run, but I don't think they'd suddenly make us legit Superbowl contenders; I already see us as being one.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Dulak
14 years ago

We're not just one or two players away. I think we overplayed this year. Aaron was spectacular and we can't expect him to be this spectacular every year. Not at all a knock on Aaron, but let's be real - this was a freak year for everyone. I can't imagine having this many QBs ending the season over 100+ rating again.

We need 2 bodies on our OL. Supposedly it's a strong draft for OT. Good. Pick one up there in the first.

We need one more strong pass rusher. Can Kampy be the one? Not so sure. 3-4 doesn't fit well, and if we want to get results with Kampy, we might have to do a 3-4/4-3 hybrid.

We need Safety help. One body there.

So that's 3 or 4 guys.

What is Ted going to do? You might as well ask me when is our next war and with whom. I'll probably be more accurate than trying to figure out what Ted will do.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree - solidify the Oline first, make sure the Dline is solid (ie need this if running a 3-4), and make sure we have a good LOLB
Im happy enough with out ILBers even thou barnett and hawk I consider average.

Safety and corner ... need a solid 3rd safety incase one of em gos down again and we need a solid 4th corner - start cutting peeps if they cant cut it.
Hopefully harris comes back and is still the best db in the NFL ;)
woody harris tramon and who the fuck ever ...

ahh Frak forgot we need a solid kick/punt returner ... I never liked blackmon much ... lets get a solid guy in there - steal danny woodhead off the jets damn it ...
IronMan
14 years ago
The only way to repeat success in the NFL, is to have the attitude that EVERYONE needs to improve upon what they did the previous season. Even if we had won the Super Bowl, you STILL need to look for ways to improve. That goes for every single person in the Packers organization.

I guess my point is, that it is not just as simple as looking to sign one or two players, or to improve a few areas of the team; but that EVERYONE needs to get better.

Jerry Rice has often said that he always tried to play the perfect game.

Vince Lombardi said it best with:

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."
warhawk
14 years ago
It cracks me up to hear people talk like we are so far away from being a SB contender. Do you remember last year when it was announced we were moving to the 3-4? My God. The sky was falling.

We had no ROLB to rush the QB.
We had no NT. Pickett was not going to cut it.
Our CB's were NOT zone guys that could play that defense.
Yada, yada, yada.
Ted Thompson brought in Raji and Mathews (who by the way will be BETTER next year).
Our CB's can not only play it, Woodson is a BEAST at it. We will get Harris, Lee and Blackmon back to help with depth and improve the nickle.

We need to add a pass rusher on the left side if Kampman doesn't come back and get quality depth at safety. Is that too big of a step for a stepper? C'mon.

On offense Finley is coming on like a raging lion and they will keep the 0line personnel needed to function like they did the last half of the season and more than likely add high draft picks for added options to improve there as well.

How can anyone think Rodgers won't be better considering he spent the first half of the year on his back for crying out loud. What can the guy do if he just gets the protection he got the last half of the year for a whole season which I am sure will be the off-season emphasis?
Ted Thompson needs to work on bringing every core player back in here he can and then look at what else he can do financially to improve the team. I expect whoever the #1 pick is ( just looking at the board and the possibilities) to help the team get better. You don't pay guys $5mil plus to sit around these days.

I'm excited about next year. The "to do" list is smaller by far than last year. We know who can play and found out the hard way some that can't but going into next year? They will be ready.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (8h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.