WhiskeySam
15 years ago

One of the major differences is that Brett had a uncanny knack to make the first rusher miss and set up into the pocket. Also Brett was the king of throwing off balance. This comes with experence and Arron will grow to be a fine nfl QB.

"gotarace" wrote:

Rodgers will get better, but Favre was better at feeling the pressure than most QBs I've seen. I don't know that Rodgers will ever develop that because it's instinctual. Favre came into the league seemingly with eyes in the back of his head the way he escaped a collapsing pocket at just the right moment.
Nemo me impune lacessit
greenwhiteandnogold
15 years ago

but overall I think Rodgers is playing about as well as Favre would be playing under these circumstances.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I think Favre would've been better. I'm not a Rodgers hater, far from it, but I think Favre would've read the blitz's better.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

No disrespect intended, but no shit. Favre = Future HOF, Rodgers = hasn't even been 'the guy' for a whole season.

Of course Brett would have read the blitz's better because he's seen IT ALL. Rodgers ... he hasn't yet.

I don't get these comparisons at all.

"Greg C." wrote:

My opinion, if we had Favre this year we'd be making another run, this year, at the SB. No realistic chance of that for 2-3 years now. Rodgers may become an elite QB, but it aint going to happen overnight. We're rebuilding now. Rebuilding in the sense that Aaron needs is going to go through a 1-3 year learning curve. You can see it on the field. The guy has got a ton of talent and who knows, maybe he'll become the next Brett Favre. But again, we're rebuilding right now; whether Packer fans want to admit it or not. No koolaid here.
blank
TheEngineer
15 years ago

but overall I think Rodgers is playing about as well as Favre would be playing under these circumstances.

"greenwhiteandnogold" wrote:

I think Favre would've been better. I'm not a Rodgers hater, far from it, but I think Favre would've read the blitz's better.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

No disrespect intended, but no shit. Favre = Future HOF, Rodgers = hasn't even been 'the guy' for a whole season.

Of course Brett would have read the blitz's better because he's seen IT ALL. Rodgers ... he hasn't yet.

I don't get these comparisons at all.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

My opinion, if we had Favre this year we'd be making another run, this year, at the SB. No realistic chance of that for 2-3 years now. Rodgers may become an elite QB, but it aint going to happen overnight. We're rebuilding now. Rebuilding in the sense that Aaron needs is going to go through a 1-3 year learning curve. You can see it on the field. The guy has got a ton of talent and who knows, maybe he'll become the next Brett Favre. But again, we're rebuilding right now; whether Packer fans want to admit it or not. No koolaid here.

"Greg C." wrote:

I respectfully disagree. There's not much retooling than last year, except for the greater amount of injuries and a change at QB. The team, for most intents and purposes, are the same.

I agree that Rodgers will take time to mature into an elite QB. But the issue I'm seeing now is that it's primarily not Rodgers' fault that we've been losing games we should have won. If the O-line was playing up to the expectations and the defense wasn't injured, I would fully expect the Packers to be 4-1 right now.
blank
yooperfan
15 years ago
I can only imagine how good our offense and Aaron Rodgers would look if we had a real offensive line, not the bargain basement variety.
bakler5
15 years ago
Week 1-- 8 rushes 35 yds 1 td 0 sacks, win
Week 2-- 4 rushes 25 yds 1 sack, win
Week 3-- 5 rushes 10 yds 1 td 5 sacks, loss
Week 4-- 2 rushes 8 yds 3 sacks, loss
Week 5-- 2 rushes 4 yds 2 sacks, loss

There is the difference and the reason for the increase in sacks. The first two games were no different than the last 3 pressure wise, the only difference is that Aaron was making smart plays with his feet and avoiding the pressure and picking up first downs. The last nice run I remember him having was the one against Detroit when instead of running out of bounds he cut back towards the middle and got whacked. Maybe that combined with McCarthy's comments on that run have discouraged him from running. It just seems to me he has lost confidence in his ability to scramble which was the most surprising thing about him to start the year.
God didn't create Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers created God.
chibiabo
15 years ago
:whipitgood: Sloppy both ways. Way too many penalties and lousy field position. Defense wasn't playing that well either. Still say the ZB is problematic for this team so, am hoping they shit-can it next season.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.