Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I like the Shout Box, it's neat, its fun, it's quick.

I do not like topics being shouted and not carried over by the shouting member or another member into the discussion board. This, for me, is a very slow part of the off season and I'd like new topics about things. I like seeing what YOU ALL HAVE TO SAY about topics. And when they are shouted, then cast away because two people don't use PM's or Email, then it's lost and then the members input is lost. Where's the good in that?

Call me crazy, but I like reading what you each have to say about things. I'm one of those weird types who observes an analyzes comments and reactions. I can't do that when a subject is only shouted and not carried over into the board.

Call this a power trip, or arrogant rant or whatever you all like to call me but I kind of pay for this thing and would like to hear your input on stuff and I'm sure others would too.

I don't have hardly any free time to spare on my plate so the little time I get to check in on things, I'd like to skim through and read what you all have to say about stuff. Instead I'm finding good topics in the Shout, but not in the discussion board for others to provide their take on it.

I don't think I'm asking for too much ...
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I guess I see the shout box as random blurbs of actual no bearing subjects with a bunch of other goofing around chatter..

"pack93z" wrote:

And again, for the 2,092nd that is fine. Yes, I will make a comment here and there about it, but its not that big of a deal.

My problem, again, is when topics are shouted and not brought over into the discussion board for others to discuss. That's what I do not like.

I'm not sure where I'm losing people on this, but please understand, I'm trying to convey my point as directly and easily as possible. Sorry for losing you guys that I'm not making the point clear enough to. I assure you, its not from lack of effort.

While I agree with the point that full blown discussions shouldn't end up in the shoutbox.. one could say the same about the game day chats.. they aren't archived for meaning full data that could be used for discussion, no record of whom said what.. no ability to look back.. yet threads start from that chatter. so is the gameday chats worth while?

I would vote yes.. even though I don't enjoy the distraction during the game and rarely are in the sessions.

"pack93z" wrote:

Are you comparing the gameday chat's with the shout box and saying that the gameday chats are useless because I'm not logging them?

In the end.. it really doesn't make much difference.. I happen to like the feature.. maybe I am in the minority of it all.

"pack93z" wrote:

I like it too, it's a lot of fun. Like me owning LTF on the wings challenge thing. 😉
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
First.. holy overboard reaction..

Second.. ahhh no.. I think gameday is very useful.. as this is an online community where things like that build relationships around our team.. I was just countering NonStop rebuttal on the shout box by drawing a comparison. Nothing more.

I gave my opinion on the subject.. I was not "lost" or not understanding your stance.. just giving an alternative stance. Yet... it draws out a condescending remark.. never mind.. this is way more effort for a feature that should enhance not detract from the website.

While I agree with the point that full blown discussions shouldn't end up in the shoutbox.. one could say the same about the game day chats.. they aren't archived for meaning full data that could be used for discussion, no record of whom said what.. no ability to look back.. yet threads start from that chatter. so is the gameday chats worth while?

I would vote yes.. even though I don't enjoy the distraction during the game and rarely are in the sessions.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Are you comparing the gameday chat's with the shout box and saying that the gameday chats are useless because I'm not logging them?

"pack93z" wrote:

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I wasn't trying to be condescending. I was just asking for clarification.

Sorry.

I'll check back in the morning when I've removed the bug out of my ass and can think more clearly.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
And maybe in my spotty activity on the board.. I missed the statements where there were restrictions or preferences on the shout box...

The condescending part to me was the 2000th x time sarcasm.. but again.. not that big of a deal. It was your opinion to my statement..

I just look at this thread.. see where content was asked about.. and no mention of the parameters.. then next.. option pulled off the table..

Again.. this is way more than it should be.. it is just one feature on the site.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I am not over reacting, I am not trying to be condescending, I am simply saying I would rather the shouted topics be transferred to the discussion for opinions to be shared.

I am not saying the Shout is being used wrongly. I am saying the topics presented in the shout box should also be transferred to the discussion board.

I'm not sure how I'm coming off wrong here, but it seems I'm the bad guy again for wanting to read others opinions on topics shouted. I'm not sure how I did this, but I suppose if no one else has an issue with a lack of topics even though they are shouted, I'll just disappear and let ya all do your thing.

I personally (and apparently the only one??) would like to see the topics shouted about, discussed as well. It's really that simple. I'm not saying use the Shout less, I'm not saying people are using the Shout wrong, I'm simply asking that we transfer the topics shouted into the discussion board for ... a discussion.

Sorry to have pissed you guys off. I'll take a back seat and just let things roll. If there's something I'm over reacting about, it's that it appears no one is understanding my point and getting defensive on HOW the shout is used.

It's back though and hope my goal of removing it to get your attention succeeded. If not, well, I don't have the time to keep trying right now.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
And Shawn, my question about what you said about the gameday chat thing stands. I still don't know how that correlates to this at all. I asked honestly and was looking for an answer, not an accusation that I was over reacting and being condescending. Man, I'm just trying to understand what you're saying so I can properly communicate a response.

I need pictures!!
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Since it seems that I am the most vocal about this.. it is probably I that you painted you as the "bad" guy.. if so.. I apologize for that. I personally don't feel you are the "bad" guy.

The intent was to voice my opinion on the shout... why I feel it enhances the site.. and agree that topic related subjects shouldn't be housed in shout alone.

Apparently I did a poor job of framing my opinion...
Pack93z
14 years ago

And Shawn, my question about what you said about the gameday chat thing stands. I still don't know how that correlates to this at all. I asked honestly and was looking for an answer, not an accusation that I was over reacting and being condescending. Man, I'm just trying to understand what you're saying so I can properly communicate a response.

I need pictures!!

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That wasn't the condescending part in my view.. but by not quoting out the 2092nd part.. I did a poor job.

Anyway...

On how I see them correlating.. NonStop used the context that Shout is not archived or has a narrow window to look back upon. IMO, there is a ton of topic worthy discussion that happens in the game day chat.. yet little of that is carried over to the board, it has a narrow time frame for reference and it is not archived.

IMO.. they are similar in their intentions.. Shout and Chat are rapid fire comments... those spur of the moment quips.. In my view.. shout is a mini non game day version of chat.. or could be.

But that doesn't mean I think it should replace topics as its primary focus.. like you are alluding to, if it is worthy of a topic.. it should be a topic that can carry over more than the short life span of the shout. And I agree.. it should be driven in that direction..

Back to game day chat.. from my limited experiences in there.. it is a community outlet for emotions of the game, observations during the game and mostly unbridled fun.

When I see the shout box.. I think it should be in the same context in terms of those abstract short blips and mostly just to have a little fun with..
Rockmolder
14 years ago
I'll restate this again. I thought that most things I see on twitter, or things I catch on the web about other teams aren't worth mentioning.

Apparently, most people see that otherwise, as a lot of those threads have turned quite popular, quite fast.

From now on, I'll just put them on the forum. It's somewhat quiet here anyway, during the off-season. We could use the extra talk.

I don't think that you're the bad guy in this either, btw.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (11h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.