porky88
15 years ago

I look at this game and quite frankly I think right now it's just a tough loss, but a few years down the road we might actually think about this game.

The way Rodgers played today was unbelievable. I was shocked, but he went out there and he proved his toughness. I think a lot of people questioned that with him and he shut them up at least for now. You could tell he was in pain, but he kept it going.

Now I say that down the road this could be a game we all look at because I think if Rodgers works out, this is the game that he earned respect. Maybe not from the pessimistic Packer fans, but from his teammates and from the realists out there. Rodgers deserves some respect.

Who would of thought that in the beginning of the year that if the Packers missed the playoffs, Aaron Rodgers wouln't be the reason why?

It's time to question the defense. A rookie QB threw all over them today and they gave up a lot of yardage on the ground again. This is an overrated defense in my opinion and it's starting to show.

Granted a lot of injuries might have a lot to do with it, but the guys who are filling in have actually stepped it up. It's the starters playing poorly. Ryan Pickett and Nick Barnett if I have to single out a few players. The defense and lack of toughness up front on the offensive line alone will cost this team the playoffs.

It's early enough to fix, but I'm not encouraged that it will get fixed.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Excellent comments.

In watching the game again you can see that Rodgers truly gutted that one out and hell 300 yards and three TD's is NOT a bad game. The timing of that pick was horrendous! Not that theres a good time for a pick, but that late in the game... gosh. He also had a RB open in the flat that could have gotten some yard.

"porky88" wrote:

The pick was awful, but the defense needed to step up at that point. They hold Atlanta to a field goal instead of a touchdown and GB is only down by six when they get the ball back. Different outcome is very likely then.

They couldn't do it. Last year, I think they would have in that situation. Think about the 180 this team has done defensively. Brian Westbrook, Ladainian Tomlinson, Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, and Adrian Peterson (2nd go around) all faced the Packers and the Packers basically shut them down last year.

To be honest, I think Julius Jones is probably going to gash this defense too next week. That's where we've come in one year.
gotarace
15 years ago

It's early enough to fix, but I'm not encouraged that it will get fixed.

"porky88" wrote:

This quote states a mouthful porky. We need a fire lit under their ass in a hurry. I see benching a few underperforming starters for the begining of the game, this would get the players attention quick. Also fines for stupid flags. This can't come anywhere close to hurting us like injuries have.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
IronMan
15 years ago

I'm not encouraged that it will get fixed.

"porky88" wrote:

Agreed. McCarthy does not hold players accountable for mistakes. Just blows a lot of hot air.
gbpfan
15 years ago
there were some highs to the game d.d was great humprhies but the penalties need to stop the one finn did that cost the 3 points hurt that could have tied the game d-line line that has stopped the run where are you forget the sacks maybe your working to hard trying for them stop the run seems they are okay in passing situations i still think if they stop playing mind games with themselves they can come out on top we have good talent and now they need to come and show their stuff :icon_smile:
TheEngineer
15 years ago

I'm not encouraged that it will get fixed.

"IronMan" wrote:

Agreed. McCarthy does not hold players accountable for mistakes. Just blows a lot of hot air.

"porky88" wrote:

Not everyone can command a presence like Bill Parcells. McCarthy seems to have a different way of approaching it (dare I say, perhaps a bit more of a diplomatic or softer stance), but the end result is what matters. For one reason or another, it hasn't gotten through to the players yet. I'm very interested in seeing how they respond next week.
blank
porky88
15 years ago
McCarthy seems like a "stay the course" type of coach. That was great last year when everything went the Packers way. Whether it'd be luck or skill, that's what happen.

This year it hasn't happen that way, but McCarthy hasn't adjusted. He's shown his stubbornness in the running game. I know he has the authority to tell Bob Sanders blitz more, but he hasn't done it.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good football coach, but he's a young football coach and he still has a lot to learn in my opinion.
warhawk
15 years ago
This is a rerun of what I said last week. In the first half we got very poor first down production and on defense we keep letting the damn pile move forward on runs for five or six yards.

Same story that's gone on all year.

1} Poor first down execution
2) Poor tackling at the line of scrimmage
3) WAY to many penalties
4) No pass rush.

What sucks is that in this game we do any ONE of the four things above better and we win this game. That won't always be the case and all four need to see improvements.

Out of all of these I think the pass rush will be the most difficult and disturbing because it lends itself to individual talent. Penalties are mental errors, first down effecience is on the offense as a whole, and we KNOW these guys can tackle better than this. (Bigby and Collins healthy would help).

If you don't pass rush it's ducks on a pond and we go nowhere if that doesn't get a whole lot better fast. We should have pounded this kid in the ground Sunday and made him cry for his momma.

That kind of pass rush.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (14h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (14h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (14h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (15h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.