porky88
  • porky88
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Corners

http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/articles/index.php?id=900 

The projected rounds for each player is a guess on which round I believe the player will be selected. It is not meant to reflect my view of the player or how I think the player will turn out as a pro. That reflection can be seen in the order I rank the player and the analysis I give.

1. Joe Haden, Florida
Big and physical at the line of scrimmage, Haden excels in man to man coverage and his ball skills are exceptional. He lacks great timed speed, which shows he may lack recovery speed for a corner. However, he plays faster than his timed speed indicates and went up against some of the fastest receivers in the country and not only held his own, but shut some of them down. Overall, he's one of the best corner prospects to come out in the last three drafts including this one. He plays the game at a different level than other players and has the ability to be someone's No. 1 corner for along time.

Projected Round: 1st

2. Kyle Wilson, Boise State
Perhaps the most physical corner in the draft, Wilson might not have the ideal height some teams like in their corners, but he plays big. He's an aggressive player and is better in run support than any other corner in the draft. His bread and butter is pressing. Loves to get up in the receivers face and challenge them. He has been prone to give up big plays and while he plays big, he is smaller than you'd like and may have trouble with taller receivers in the NFL such as Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson. Despite his size, I think he's a really good football player that reminds me of Antonie Winfield.

3. Devin McCourty, Rutgers
A physical player that can contribute on special teams, McCourty really burst on the scene with his strong showing at the senior bowl. He uses his hands well at the line of scrimmage and can get up and press receivers. While his time speed is solid, he doesn't accelerate really well and can be beaten within the first ten yards. I'm not sure I'd take him in the first round in this deep of a draft class, but he's a future starter in the NFL. Will probably be drafted by a team that plays a lot of press coverage.

Projected Round: 1st or 2nd

4. Kareem Jackson, Alabama
A talented player, Jackson possess the skill set to be an NFL corner. However, his impact might not be felt right away. His skills are raw and he needs work on his footwork, hands and balance. With that said, he has great instincts and breaks on the ball really well. He also does a good job of locating the throw and there aren't any concerns with his recovery speed. You know he's well coached coming from Nick Saban's program.

5. Myron Lewis, Vanderbilt
We all have our sleepers and Lewis is one of mine. His combination of size and speed is terrific. He has long arms and takes advantage of them in press coverage. His instincts are underrated and I wouldn't be shocked if he's moved to free safety in the NFL because of them. His footwork is however, a work in progress and he doesn't turn and run with receivers quick enough. Takes too many chances. Overall, he has all the raw skills to be a corner. Everything that is wrong with him, can be corrected.

Projected Round: 4th

6. Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State
Productive with good instincts, Cox is a big corner that plays with an aggressiveness that is somewhat rare among corners in today's league. He's strong and excels in press coverage by using his long arms to drive the receiver. He isn't comfortable in coming up in the box and taking on the runner, but isn't bad in space none the less. Character issues could cause him to fall a round further than he should.

Projected Round: 3rd

7. Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest
An amazing combine help propel Ghee in the draft. He has all the physical attributes you look for an NFL quality corner. He's big, quick, and smart. He looks very smooth in coverage. He isn't particularly great in run support and his ball skills need work, but the upside is there.

Projected Round: 3rd or 4th

8. Patrick Robinson, Florida State
Robinson's footwork is the best in the entire draft and he displays good balanced. From a technique standpoint, he's probably the top corner. However, he struggles in run support and I don't think he has great instincts. He's an underachiever and inconsistent. Has natural talent though and will get drafted high because of it.

9. Dominique Franks, Oklahoma
A good athlete with good size, Franks could develop into a starter at the next level. He has a quick burst and does a good job of reading the play. He'll take his fair share of chances in the NFL. Looks like a No. 2 corner in the NFL.

10. A.J. Jefferson, Fresno State
Jefferson is big and fast and like Lewis, he has all the measurables to be a good pro football player. His skills are raw, but he has good recovery speed and he is a solid press corner. However, he isn't a playmaker and doesn't have a feel for the ball. He doesn't look natural all the time and clearly needs work. His skills make him very intriguing.

Projected Round: 5th or 6th
porky88
  • porky88
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Safeties

http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/articles/index.php?id=902 

1. Eric Berry, Tennessee
A phenomenal athlete, Berry is the best safety prospect to come out since the late Sean Taylor. He has the speed to run sideline to sideline and his instincts are great. He does a nice job of reading and reacting to the play. Showed off what type of an athlete he was at the combine. 4.47 in the forty and he jumped 43 inches in the vertical jump. Both elite for a safety prospect. You're hear the Ed Reed comparisons because of the type of range he displays. Reed is the best safety of this generation so those comparisons might be a little overblown, but make no mistake about it, Berry is the closes thing to Reed we've ever seen.

2. Earl Thomas, Texas
At only 20 years old, Thomas is an instinctive big play safety than can serve as a defense's center fielder. He displays excellent range and has the ability to cover sideline to sideline. He's smooth in man coverage and could also project to play corner in the NFL. He has great athleticism and can absolutely fly into the screen and make the big play. While he's eager to come up and help in run support, his tackling isn't as sound as Berry's. Like Berry, Thomas is a special prospect with a ton of upside. He's a top 15 pick and it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine him as a top 10 pick either.

3. Taylor Mays, Southern California
A rare talent with a combination of size and speed that doesn't come around that often, Mays is a big time hitter that can deliver a blow. He runs like a corner but is built like a linebacker. However, not standing out on tape raises some reds flags. He struggles in open space and looks stiff in man coverage. Doesn't play as fast as his timed speed suggests he should. Despite all this, he has the best physical tools of any safety to come out since Sean Taylor did.

4. Major Wright, Florida
Wright basically served as Florida's center fielder playing deep in coverage. He did a nice job of not letting any receiver get behind him and didn't give up the big plays. He's a reliable player that is assignment sound and he's also a good athlete. Despite his athleticism, he doesn't always live up to his build. He wasn't a playmaker and is an inconsistent tackler. Be that as it may, Wright has potential be a good starting safety in the NFL. There is a lot talent that could be utilized well in the NFL given the right situation.

Projected Round: 3rd

5. Morgan Burnett, Georgia Tech
A sideline to sideline free safety, Burnett is well built and does a good job of reading the play and reacting to it. He's a good athlete and has no problem running down receivers. He's not afraid to get down and dirty in run support. He's a popular under the radar player in this draft that some people believe has first round ability. Not very instinctive and can get out of position at times, but still a potential stater none the less.

Projected Round: 2nd

6. Larry Asante, Nebraska
A physical safety capable of delivering the big hit, Asante isn't flashy and won't make a ton of interceptions, but he's assignment sound. Will usually be in the proper position and good against the run. Can play in the box. You won't hear his name a lot on gameday, but he's smart and reliable.

Projected Round: 4th or 5th

7. Nate Allen, South Florida
A read and react safety, Allen is a solid player, but I don't think he'll ever be great. He doesn't have pro bowl potential. He does a nice job of tackling and is rarely out of position, but he lacks the athleticism to get sideline from sideline.

Projected Round: 2nd or 3rd

8. Chad Jones, Louisiana State
A big in the box type of safety, Jones isn't a bad athlete considering his size. He plays the run well and almost looks like another linebacker when tackling. Capable of delivering a blow. Won't make a lot of interceptions and can sometimes be out of position.

9. Myron Rolle, Florida State
Smarts are an underrated quality for a safety. We all know about Rolle earning a Rhodes scholarship to attend Oxford. If he can do that, adapting to an NFL defense shouldn't be too hard for him. He can quarterback a defense, which safeties need to do in today's league. He's well built and athletic. While he's not a playmaker, he's reliable. Some question whether or not football is a priority for him, which is why he'll fall come draft day.

Projected Round: 5th or 6th

10. Reshad Jones, Georgia
A strong well built safety, Jones is a physical player that loves to deliver the big hit. However, sometimes he tries too hard at going for the big blow when he should just simply be breaking down and making the wrap up tackle.

Projected Round: 4th or 5th
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.