chibiabo
15 years ago

Urgh!

The Packers will take a streak of 10 straight quarters without a sack into Sundays game at Seattle.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Reading this, is this really a KGB problem or a team problem? It may be the latter.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

It is a team problem..........but KGB obviously isn't getting his job done.
Along with the rest of the D line.

:magnifyglass: Yup Perhaps a Sanders problem as well but, we do need some really heavy suits on that "D" line with an eagerness to push into the opposing QB. Once more, I'll say, lack of fire and intensity; way too many errors.
blank
Packnic
15 years ago
I agree that Sanders should spice it up. But he is running a system, and KGB just isnt getting the job done. plain and simple. If guys would do their jobs... sacks would come.

KGB blows.
blank
hosemeoff
15 years ago

Not only did they go sackless against the Falcons

Understatement of the day! Come on D-Line. Play like you got a pair!
blank
luigis
15 years ago
I believe the only reason why KGB is still on the roster is because we couldn't trade him in the offseason, maybe Ted Thompson is trying to improve KGB's market value looking to get something from him. So far the umpires have played better than KGB for the packers at least one of them deflected a pass.

Luis
Luis
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Weird. KGB is being singled out because he was getting a high salary, even though the whole DL is doing poorly.

Yet, when I singled out Ryan Grant for poor performance after getting a big raise, someone said I was being like the New York Yankees and basing everything off money.

Go figure.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Packnic
15 years ago

Weird. KGB is being singled out because he was getting a high salary, even though the whole DL is doing poorly.

Yet, when I singled out Ryan Grant for poor performance after getting a big raise, someone said I was being like the New York Yankees and basing everything off money.

Go figure.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Ryan Grant sucks too.
blank
Rockmolder
15 years ago
He should just re-do his salary next year so they could keep him for a smaller amount.

I know this isn't likely, but why wouldn't he? I mean, he knows himself he's not playing as good as he should, and there won't be another team that gives him alot of money this way.

Now, like someone said before, I think it's just the entire D-line. None of them are playing like they should. Kampman together with KGB should just drive QBs crazy and with some strong DT play. They should be unstoppable.

Let's just hope they'll get back to their old form again soon...
tromadz
15 years ago

Go figure.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

KGB sucks.

Ryan Grant is a HELL of a lot more consistent than KGB. Grant at least had 83 yds on 18 carries this week, with him semi-hurt and the offensive line playing at high school levels. Don't get me wrong, Grant needs to step up, but comparing him to KGB isn't right.

KGB does nothing good anymore. He used to be a pass rusher, but now cuz he's so old and hurt, they single him and he still gets nothing. I get pissed when I see him on the field.

He plays at the same level as Mike Montgomery and that's a joke.

edit(while my wrath is high) - And my favorite part about KGB is his run defense. We ALL know he sucks at that, but its HOW he sucks. KGB takes those WIDE angles to rush, and it leaves a HUGE hole on the left. RBs run inside left all day on those. I dislike KGB.
Pack93z
15 years ago

Go figure.

"tromadz" wrote:

KGB sucks.

Ryan Grant is a HELL of a lot more consistent than KGB. Grant at least had 83 yds on 18 carries this week, with him semi-hurt and the offensive line playing at high school levels. Don't get me wrong, Grant needs to step up, but comparing him to KGB isn't right.

KGB does nothing good anymore. He used to be a pass rusher with a bad knee, but now cuz he's so old and hurt, they single him and he still gets nothing. I get pissed when I see him on the field.

edit(while my wrath is high) - And my favorite part about KGB is his run defense. We ALL know he sucks at that, but its HOW he sucks. KGB takes those WIDE angles to rush, and it leaves a HUGE hole on the left. RBs run inside left all day on those. I dislike KGB.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

LOL.. Grant is given a high five while playing hurt and KGB is massacred for it.. he isn't healthy yet. Plain and simple.. he is a pass rusher.. we know he isn't a run stuffer, never has been one.

He is being forced to play more snaps at end because of injury.. is it his fault that his knee isn't right yet? NO.

Is it his fault that he was left on the active roster with a very high cap number. Nope.

You speak of him not being consistent.. look at his sack numbers yearly in his career.. pretty consistent if you ask me.

Your wrath sometimes amuses me.. one guy praised for consistency over basically 14 games.. in which he had one good game followed but a piss poor one.. but I guess that is consistent.

KGB has been a heck of a player, is he worth the salary he is currently getting.. nope.. but it is what it is, and if Ted and Co. felt he was grossly overpaid they had options to remedy that this offseason. They didn't.. and as we hear, complete trust in Ted, which in my eyes currently he has earned.. then he must know something we are missing either that or he felt that his pass rush was so lacking minus a healthy KGB that he rolled the dice.

KGB is a pass rusher.. nothing more.. and guess what pass rushers in this league get paid ridiculously.. see Javon Kearse as a prime example.. the plan B when the Eagles couldn't land KGB when we bid up to keep him from them. Like I said we had options going into the year and we knew he wasn't healthy.. but we kept him. It is what it is.

But hey.. this is the closest you have gotten to criticizing Ted yet... there is hope yet that open honest evaluation of Ted is possible. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
tromadz
15 years ago

Go figure.

"pack93z" wrote:

KGB sucks.

KGB does nothing good anymore. He used to be a pass rusher with a bad knee, but now cuz he's so old and hurt, they single him and he still gets nothing. I get pissed when I see him on the field.

"tromadz" wrote:

LOL.. Grant is given a high five while playing hurt and KGB is massacred for it.. he isn't healthy yet. Plain and simple.. he is a pass rusher.. we know he isn't a run stuffer, never has been one.

He is being forced to play more snaps at end because of injury.. is it his fault that his knee isn't right yet? NO.

Is it his fault that he was left on the active roster with a very high cap number. Nope.

You speak of him not being consistent.. look at his sack numbers yearly in his career.. pretty consistent if you ask me.

Your wrath sometimes amuses me.. one guy praised for consistency over basically 14 games.. in which he had one good game followed but a piss poor one.. but I guess that is consistent.

KGB has been a heck of a player, is he worth the salary he is currently getting.. nope.. but it is what it is, and if Ted and Co. felt he was grossly overpaid they had options to remedy that this offseason. They didn't.. and as we hear, complete trust in Ted, which in my eyes currently he has earned.. then he must know something we are missing either that or he felt that his pass rush was so lacking minus a healthy KGB that he rolled the dice.

KGB is a pass rusher.. nothing more.. and guess what pass rushers in this league get paid ridiculously.. see Javon Kearse as a prime example.. the plan B when the Eagles couldn't land KGB when we bid up to keep him from them. Like I said we had options going into the year and we knew he wasn't healthy.. but we kept him. It is what it is.

But hey.. this is the closest you have gotten to criticizing Ted yet... there is hope yet that open honest evaluation of Ted is possible. :lol:

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree. It's Thompsons' fault for keeping this trash on the team. He's usually good about getting those guys off the team, but this is definitely an exception.

I think Sunday whenever KGB overshoots a pass rush, gets pancaked, or does the patented KGB offsides move, I'll put the blame on Thompson.

NO! I've got a better idea! Being an alcoholic, I propose a KGB drinking game. Every time he does one of his moves(missed tackle, overshooting sack, creating huge gap for run, offsides), we take a shot!

(by the end of the season I'll propose a 'every time its 3rd and more than 10, we take a shot)

(that'd fuck us up)
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (21m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.