dfosterf
14 years ago
The draft picks get a sticky, and the UDFA's get lumped into a single thread.

This is my attempt to assist in "breaking out" the UDFA's a bit.

As of this posting, we Have:

Chris Campbell OT 6'5" 325-- E. Illinois

Started only as a senior, but just barely got into the Texas vs. the Nation game and kicked some serious ass.

Nick McDonald OT 6'4 1/8" 306 - Grand Valley State

27 on the bench but pulled his hammy in the 40

Mike Aguayo OL UTEP

Tryout guy--- Nothing yet.

Just trying to set up a thread to put stuff, and would ask that others do the same (like the LB one that just got going also)--

As stated, trying to "break it down" a little by position LB's, OL, DB's, etc.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Nick McDonald OT

cbs draft.com profile 

Overview
Big, fast leader of the offensive line that was among to top offenses in D-II. Named GLIAC Offensive Lineman of the Year (2009) and All-American with multiple conference and regional awards over his career. 2010 Cactus Bowl player. Intelligent player who had 25 starts in last two seasons. Versatile blocker who can get out in front on the sweep or occupy a pass-rusher to provide excellent pass protection. 1st Team AP Little All-American.
Strengths
Quick and strong - often leads 'around the corner' on Laker sweeps. 300+ pounds but still agile and able to get position on LB/DBs. Makes solid contact and destroys his opponent. Great footwork and mechanics in pass protection against some of D-II's best pass rushers.
Weaknesses
Sometimes a bit upright - needs to bend knees more. Had some 'false start issues' in key games in '09.
Projection
Possibly draftable in the 7th round with a great showing at the Cactus Bowl and pro day/combine; preferred free agent

Also mentioned good fit for ZBS.
Pack93z
14 years ago
I am starting to think Foster has a special affection for offensive lineman. ;)

UserPostedImage

*edit.. had to change links...
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
14 years ago
Just peaking at the roster as of today.. without the UDFA signings.. that is one hell of a young line yet.. albeit I would like another G or two in the mix..

Hmmm Brandon Carter would have been nice.. lol. ;)

(Age) *Edit declaration.

73 Daryn Colledge G (28)
64 Stanley Daniels G (25)
71 Josh Sitton G (23 )
62 Evan Dietrich-Smith (23)
63 Scott Wells C (29)
72 Jason Spitz C/G (27)
68 Breno Giacomini (24)
78 Allen Barbre T (25)
75 Bryan Bulaga T (21)
65 Mark Tauscher T (32)
76 Chad Clifton T (33)
74 Marshall Newhouse T/G (21)
70 T.J. Lang T/G 6-4 316 22 2 Eastern Michigan D4-09
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Just peaking at the roster as of today.. without the UDFA signings.. that is one hell of a young line yet.. albeit I would like another G or two in the mix..

Hmmm Brandon Carter would have been nice.. lol. ;)

(Age) *Edit declaration.

73 Daryn Colledge G (28)
64 Stanley Daniels G (25)
71 Josh Sitton G (23 )
62 Evan Dietrich-Smith (23)
63 Scott Wells C (29)
72 Jason Spitz C/G (27)
68 Breno Giacomini (24)
78 Allen Barbre T (25)
75 Bryan Bulaga T (21)
65 Mark Tauscher T (32)
76 Chad Clifton T (33)
74 Marshall Newhouse T/G (21)
70 T.J. Lang T/G 6-4 316 22 2 Eastern Michigan D4-09

"pack93z" wrote:

Imagine how good this thing would've looked if we drafted Charles Brown when he was falling. I still think that he's who we should've moved up for. A little grooming is necessary, but his ceiling is so high. Then we could use Bulaga at the position that he will excell at. RT. And Bulaga can play LT, as well, so if Brown did bust, we would have our insurance at LT in Bulaga.

But again, Ted didn't agree with me. I trust that he knows something I don't. Although it's obviously that he didn't last year with Oher.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Video interview (I think postgame-Oct this year) of our UTEP OL tryout fella (tryout this Thusday??)

Mike Aguayo---

[youtube]l1mA3AU7Lt8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Small trivia---The SIGNED UDFA Jeff Moturi WR --- Same school---different position---

said he got phone calls from 13 NFL teams immediately after the draft.

Moturi: "They (Packers) told me I could be a return guy, they really don't have many return guys." He also said he has developed a "relationship" with the Packers.

I think we now know what Mike McCarthy was really doing down there with that stopwatch I was bitchin' about, lol
dfosterf
14 years ago
ESPN- Chicago-Link 

UDFA Chris Campbell OT-- East Illinois University

Story-

EIU's Campbell excited about draft
By Scott Powers
ESPNChicago.com

The story of Chris Campbell is one football players at Chicago's Marshall High School and Eastern Illinois University can expect to hear for years to come.

Eastern Illinois offensive tackle Chris Campbell has come a long way from his days at Chicago's Marshall High School.

From his high school days of being a slightly above-average offensive lineman at Marshall, a school best known for its basketball, to walking on at Division I-AA Eastern Illinois, to earning a starting role as a senior to now possibly being an NFL draft pick, Campbell will be the example used to motivate young players.

Campbell's former coaches will tell their incoming players, If you remain focused, work hard and keep at it, there's no reason why you can't be the next Chris Campbell.

For most of Campbell's high school and college careers, his coaches raved about his potential. He was always one of the biggest players on the field -- today he stands just short of 6-foot-5 and weighs 325 pounds. His coaches saw his size and flashes of his athletic ability and realized what sort of player he could be if he ever put it together.

"Real tall, big feet, I can see him now," Campbell's former Marshall football coach, Ben Ward, remembered. "Chris Campbell, all his teachers will say the same thing, always had potential.
"I told him in high school if you don't push yourself in high school, when you get in college people won't know you. If you're lackadaisical about playing and in your attitude about football, you can't get that recognition that you want. He needed a fire lit under him. He reminds me of Michael Oher in 'The Blind Side.' He was a lost soul sometimes. He had to discover himself, and people started to discover him."

The discovery began his senior season at Eastern Illinois. After walking on as a freshman and spending a majority of his first four seasons -- he also redshirted -- on the sideline, on special teams or as a backup offensive lineman, Campbell began realizing potential as a senior. He earned a starting spot at offensive tackle, was an integral part to the Panthers' winning a share of the Ohio Valley Conference title and went on to earn second-team all-conference honors.

Campbell's success in his final collegiate season would be have been a great last chapter to his career in itself, and many believed that it was. The NFL didn't seem realistic when the team's year ended in late November. He hadn't even been considered Eastern Illinois' top offensive lineman.

"When the season ended, I didn't know if he would have a chance or not," said Eastern Illinois coach Bob Spoo, whose last NFL draft pick was Chris Watson in 1999.

In stepped agent Joe Linta of JL Sports.

Linta's reputation in 20 years as an agent has been made by identifying unknowns and turning them into knowns. He's located the likes of Pro Bowl center Matt Birk from Harvard, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco from Delaware, Steelers starting offensive tackle Willie Colon from Hofstra and Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher from Maine.

Heading into this year's draft, Linta had been doing research on another one of Eastern Illinois' players when he first noticed Campbell. Linta became intrigued by Campbell's size, long arms, athleticism, balance and work ethic, and he quickly began watching more and more film on him.
Campbell received a call from Linta on Jan. 15.

"He told me he thought I had a lot of talent," Campbell said. "He thought I could play at the next level. It just took off after that."
Linta's first move was getting Campbell into an all-star game. He called the organizers of the Texas vs. The Nation game and asked them to take a look at Campbell. They did and invited him to play.

"Thank God the guy at the Texas vs. the Nation game let him in," Linta said. "Once Chris got into that game, he walked on the field, kicked a few butts and at that point people took notice. From that point, it was me calling people and not taking no for an answer."

NFL scouts liked what they saw in Campbell at the all-star game, and it led to meetings and visits with the Eagles, Falcons, Lions, Packers, Patriots, Rams and Seahawks.

ESPN NFL draft analysts are predicting Campbell will go undrafted, but Linta has heard otherwise.

"I would bet a thousand dollars right now that he'll get drafted," Linta said. "I would almost use the 'G' word. I would almost guarantee it. He's a classic illustration that scouting isn't an exact science. I didn't make him a draft pick. He was always a draft pick. Someone had to open their eyes to his to ability.

"We stumbled upon. We're fortunate. He's going to get picked higher than a lot of All-Americans. I get a kick out of that."
Campbell isn't sure what to expect on the final two days of the draft.
"Honestly, I don't," Campbell said, laughing. "My name is going to come up on the screen, but I don't know what round, I don't know what team.
"It's definitely exciting. My family is really more excited than me. They tell me, 'I heard your name on ESPN; I heard your name on the NFL Network.' I'm getting excited little by little. I know at the end of the day it's still football and I have to prove myself. To be drafted would mean to me having another opportunity to prove myself, to keep playing football and continue what I'm doing."

For others, it'll add to the tale of Chris Campbell.
"It would mean a lot to the Marshall program, but also the West Side," Ward said. "Anytime a kid gets drafted in the community, it means something to everybody. It brings the whole community up on the West Side. We're hoping he does. It might be a 'Hoop Dreams' moment for us, but in football. Basketball has been such a dominant thing for us."
Spoo hopes so, too.

"It's a great story, a kid coming from nowhere and all of sudden putting himself somewhere," Spoo said. "It's really quite a remarkable story.
"We will use his name from here on out, believe me."

Scott Powers covers high school and college sports for ESPNChicago.com and can be reached at spowers@espnchicago.com.

I know I read this story somewhere before- If it was previously posted by someone else, I apologize.
British
14 years ago
Thanks for posting. I really hope Campbell sticks, looks like he has the tools to play OT. I just don't see him making our 53 even if we take 10 OL. Certainly a practice squad candidate.

Sounds like his agent needs to do better draft research though.

"I would bet a thousand dollars right now that he'll get drafted," Linta said. "I would almost use the 'G' word. I would almost guarantee it. He's a classic illustration that scouting isn't an exact science. I didn't make him a draft pick. He was always a draft pick. Someone had to open their eyes to his to ability.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (10h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (11h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (14h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (15h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (20h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (20h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Random Babble / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.