ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
How about a hare-brained hypothesis?

Caveats: I don't even believe this myself. In fact, I'm chuckling to myself as I type. It's the off-season and I stumbled into a very slow day at the office, affording my fevered mind the time and opportunity to craft this ridiculous idea. In other words, I'm simply chucking a ridiculous idea against the wall in the slow season, for shits and giggles.

So, we've got rumors about guys like Pacman and Merriman. On the one (realistic) hand, they're simply rumors. Likely wishful thinking from fans of a team that rarely seems to make a splash in the annual FA feeding frenzy. Right? But on the other hand... Dakota said something that made me think, a little: "It'll give old man Favre one more thing to think about this summer while weasiling out of all off season work. "

Okay, here's where it really starts to go off the rails, and I'll apologize in advance for my lunacy. What if the whole "Ted vs. Favre" thing really does go both ways? What if Ted hates Favre every bit as much as Brett hates him? What if Ted, like the rest of us, is largely convinced that Favre's coming back next year? And what if Ted's decided that he'd love nothing more than getting his own revenge? If he could add a player who has the potential to be an absolute beast rushing opposite CMIII, and a player who can add to the ("much needed") depth in the secondary and also provide an immediate upgrade to the return game?

Threads of sanity: "Thompson doesn't take bad-character guys". True. Sort of. I'd say that what he does is look into the allegations of bad character and then he decides himself how much of it is true and how much is hype. If he didn't, I don't see Woodson on this team, or Finley. So in Merriman's case, I think it's perfectly possible he'd do his due diligence and come away saying "That guy's not nearly as bad as they make him out to be." Jones is a different case - there's no question that he at least was a lousy citizen. But people can change and there's some small chance that he finally got a clue. Stranger things have happened.

So maybe, maybe the smoke is really coming from a fire - a fire of red-hot desire for vengeance, on top of an already present fire to win a Super Bowl and shut up his many detractors. You win a Super Bowl, and in the process you get to beat the snot out of the guy who's been a thorn in your side for years.

It could happen. I could also magically sprout up another 5 inches at age 40. :thumbright:
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago
Hmmm PacMan Jones.. if the below isn't "stretched"... could he be worth a look?

Of course we would become the "butt" of the jokes around the NFL no sooner than the ink dried on a deal. ;)

Adam "Pacman" Jones Ready and Waiting by the Phone
by Michael Schottey
Written on April 27, 2010

PHILADELPHIA - DECEMBER 28: Adam Jones #21 of the Dallas Cowboys runs the ball against the Philadelphia Eagles on December 28, 2008 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. [img_r]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/000/944/681/84155641.jpg.15726_cropped.jpg?1272412291[/img_r]

Duke Rousse has been working with Adam "Pacman" Jones since Januarytwo-a-day training sessions working on speed, agility, quickness, and position specific drills working on ball skills, fluidity, and coverage.

"The Duke's Academy," in Kenner, Louisiana, is no fool's school.

Rousse is also currently training Dez Bryant, Craig Steltz, Ryan Clark, and Darren Sharper. The fastest of that bunch, according to Rousse, is Jones. Rousse says he's running in the low 4.4s/high 4.3s.

Jones isn't just adding speed. He's also been adding muscle. In January, he showed up to the training facility weighing 160 lbs. Today, Jones tipped the scales at 185 lbs.

As for the much-publicized personal problems? Rousse says that Jones has matured at age 26. He has a fiancee, and they are expecting their first child. Jones has also found religion and is a regular at church every Sunday and Wednesday.

When asked point-blank if Jones was ever groggy or "off" in the morning during a workout, Rousse was adamant.

"No, Adam does not go out. He knows what he's working for. If you tell Adam that training starts at 10, he's here at 9:15, he's the first one in, and the last one to leave...If he can stay out of trouble in New Orleans, he can stay out of trouble in Detroit."

It isn't all positive feelings down in 'Nawlins.

Jones is getting tired of waiting and now believes he needs to wait even longer before latching on with a team.

First it was after cuts, then he was told after the draft. Now, some teams are telling him to wait until after the rookie minicamparound June.

"It's so frustrating for me as a trainer," says Rousse. "I mean, you can only train so much and then it's like, what are you training for? I can only push him so hard because I don't want to wear him out before he gets a team."

For a kid who's been training since January, waiting for a phone call since February, these three months have been an eternity.

Besides Detroit, among the teams interested, Rousse pointed out two teams that have publicly closed the book on Jones, Cincinnati and San Francisco, and one surprisethe Green Bay Packers.

"Any team that needs a cornerback, punt returner, or kick returner should be calling Adam," Rousse believes. "He's given 125 percent to me all day long."

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Apparently Jones has hired himself more than a trainer -- he's hired himself a publicist. I wonder what percentage of Jones' future contract he was promised if Jones lands a position. 😉
UserPostedImage
warhawk
14 years ago
While there is no doubt Ted probably harbors a deep dislike of BF I highly doubt he makes a decision based on that.

I would like to hope that Ted would consider a player that will put ALL the QB's they face on their back although I must admit after two games of not seeing it I'm ready for some grass stains on Favre's ass too.

Now, having said this, I will say where there is possibly some merit here is that all teams look at the teams ahead of them and try to figure out what it will take to overtake them.

If that's a Merriman than whatever. I want GRASS STAINS DAMN IT!
"The train is leaving the station."
Pack93z
14 years ago
Agreed Non.. hence the questioning of the legitimacy of the accounts.. ;)

UserPostedImage

Besides Detroit, among the teams interested, Rousse pointed out two teams that have publicly closed the book on Jones, Cincinnati and San Francisco, and one surprisethe Green Bay Packers.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
beast (13h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (14h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (14h) : fuck
beast (14h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (14h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (15h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (15h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (16h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (17h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (17h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (17h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (17h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.