dfosterf
14 years ago
We got:

Chastin West WR Fresno State

Shawn Gore TE? WR? Bishop University of Canada (Toronto?) Tryout guy

Jeff Moturi WR UTEP - See UDFA O-line fthread for a little trivia on him...

EJ-Morton-Green WR Tryout guy, (forgot school, sorry)

I will post stuff about them as I get a chance.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Chastin West -- Combine Analysis--NFL.com

Chastin West

Height:
6'0"
Weight:
212 lbs.
Arm Length:
32 3/4 in.
Hand Size:
9 7/8 in.
College:
Fresno State
Conference:
WAC

Strengths / Weaknesses

West is a good-sized receiver with very average speed who knows how to run routes and set up defenders. He does a good job of gaining a step of separation at this level with his crisp routes and little head-and-shoulder fakes, but he will struggle at the next level. He builds to speed and does not show a big burst coming out of his break and won't be much of a threat down the seam in the NFL. He does a good job of reading coverages and finding the soft spots in zones and is a natural receiver. He can adjust to slightly off-target throws and has a wide receiving radius.

West is thickly built with good height. Heady player who runs precise routes and uses fakes against defenders to gain separation. Finds holes in zone coverage on underneath routes and has the body control to adjust to errant throws. Has strong hands and catches the ball away from his body.

Does not have adequate speed to stretch the field or the initial burst to separate off the line at the next level. Lacks the explosion out of breaks to get open in man coverage. Limited athleticism prevents him from making people miss and getting yards after the catch.

dfosterf
14 years ago
Shawn Gore--- Looks like WR

2009 video highlights.

At 4:10 in video--- Special Teams play--- Looks like a real nice cover guy on punts

[youtube]AeZ5QoiYjSc[/youtube]
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

Male Athlete of the Year Shawn Gore, Football
Gore, a fourth-year receiver, had a breakout season in 2009, becoming Mr. Everything for the Gaiters. After an injury-shortened 2008, Gore returned to lead the Gaiters with 32 catches for 496 yards and five touchdowns, highlighted by a career-long 73-yard catch on September 27 at Laval. In the Gaiters last regular-season game; he became the first Gaiter since 2003 to make two touchdown catches in a single game, and he extended his pass-catching streak to 21 games. Gore, who was also named the winner of the Prix Excellence Sportive Sherbrooke, was a force on special teams, recording a career-high seven special teams tackles (5 solo, 4 assisted) in eight games.

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/10759 
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

BU Boys Impress at CFL Combine 
By Jordan Winnett on March 17, 2010

The Bishops Gaiters football team sent three players to the 2010 CFL Evaluation Camp in Toronto this past weekend with hopes of impressing CFL scouts and general managers. Shawn Gore, Nick Poloniato and Steven Turner did more than impress; they dominated.

Gore and Poloniato were mentioned on TSNs Duane Fords list of eligible Canadian players to watch for before the start of the CIS season and they did nothing but improve their draft stock at the combine. Gore entered the weekend as one of the best receivers available, but thanks to great test results and dominant one-on-one drills, Gore was named by TSN as the best receiver and possible number one prospect heading into Mays CFL Draft.

I had a chance to speak with Gore following the weekend and it was clear he was still buzzing from the experience:

Its hard to put this weekend into words. I had a lot of fun with the interviews with all the teams and their coaches; at times they got very intense making me quite nervous, but I was able to keep my composure and get through them all with my usual smile. Individually I felt that I had a very strong performance, I was always one of the leaders in testing and excelled in the on-field drills. Months of training and a lot of discipline went into this short two day event, but it was definitely worth it as I was able to show professional teams that I can compete at the next level.

Poloniato demonstrated his athleticism as a defensive back, running the third fastest 40-yd dash at 4.46 seconds and finishing in the top ten of the sixty players invited in three of the other four testing categories. Poloniato expressed his content with the weekend to me after, saying, Im very happy with my testing. I knew I could put up the numbers I just had to do it. It was something I worked hard for on and off the field for the last four years to get to that point. On Sunday I felt I could have done a little bit better, but overall it was an awesome experience and I was just excited to be there and have the opportunity to show everyone what I am capable of.

Without a doubt the story of the weekend was Turner as he nearly swept the board, leading four of the five testing categories. Turner began by almost eclipsing former Gaiter and current BC Lion Jamall Lees vertical jump record of 44, with a 43.5 jump. Then he leaped a ridiculous 10 4.5 in the broad jump while also leading all wide receivers with 20 bench press repetitions at the 225-lb weight. This was all on Saturday, and his best events were supposed to be Sunday. Well, he didnt disappoint there either, running a combine record 4.31 40-yd dash (breaking Lees record of 4.39 from last year) and a camp best 4.03 shuttle. Turner was the least heralded BU player entering the camp, but it appears he took a lesson from former Gaiter James Yurichuk who was in a similar position last year before impressing at the combine and sky-rocketing up the draft board.

Turner had this to say to Monday following the combine:

I would like to thank BU and all the support throughout the combine. This past weekend at the e-camp was an experience of a lifetime. It felt amazing to be able to go and compete with the top prospects in Canada. Prior to the camp Coaches Blugh and McBrine gave me their word of advice which helped me stay calm and relaxed throughout the weekend. Being a part of the three athletes to go and represent Bishops at a national event and perform to the best of our abilities was a feeling that could not be put into words. I would especially like to thank the coaches for preparing us for four years the way they did to compete at a level as high as the CFL; not only physically, but mentally.

Overall, the three BU players ran the first (Turner 4.31), third (Poloniato 4.46) and fourth (Gore 4.50) best 40 yard dashes.

Clearly BU Head Coach Leroy Blugh and the rest of his staff are doing a great job preparing their players for the combine as the last two years have basically been a Gaiter showcase. Speaking with Lee following the remarkable results, he acknowledged the work the three players put in to be where they are now: The performance of the guys just goes to show what you can accomplish when you do things the right way and dont make excuses. Between Polly being overlooked for well deserved all star awards in the past, Gore coming back from, and playing with a broken arm/hand in a cast, and people doubting Turner because of his lack of size, these guys worked hard, made no excuses, and have been silencing the doubters, and now the country got to see it first hand.

UserPostedImage
British
14 years ago
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Prospects-Tenyard-split-studs-and-duds.html 

Chastin West - slowest 10 yard split time at the Combine among WRs
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Great thread idea!

If we find an article, let's post the article with the articles topic as the thread topic and then link to it in this thread. This will help create a broader discussion on each specific player.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Prospects-Tenyard-split-studs-and-duds.html

Chastin West - slowest 10 yard split time at the Combine among WRs

"British" wrote:

Fastest: Jacoby Ford -- 1.45 seconds.
Slowest: Chastin West -- 1.67 seconds.

Difference: 0.22 seconds.

I have three questions for those of you who know more about this than me (i.e., almost everyone here):

1. Is a difference of .22 seconds in this kind of burst going to make a significant difference in the ability of a WR to clear line and separate? Especially if the DB is playing up close (i.e. significantly less than 10 yards. -- A difference of 0.22 seconds over 10 yards being roughly equivalent to a difference of 0.07 seconds over 3 yards.

2. What is the margin for error in this measurement? Less than 0.01 second? More than 0.01 second?

3. Does the answer to #1 change given the answer to #2?

I'm not anti-statistics. I just don't know enough about the variables involved here to know what is significant and why.

Thanks in advance.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (17h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (17h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (20h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (21h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (23h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.