all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

The o-line made up of old guys (clinfton and tauscher) and a bunch of late round draft picks equals Grant getting little net yards. Let draft some studs in the o-line...a la Dallas...get some HUGE bodies out there and dominate...opens up the passing game. Kudos to the win...Jennings is a stud...and Jordy made some catches... Did HAWK do anything?

"starpass" wrote:

Big guys would really suck for the ZB scheme.

I've been hearing a lot of reports from various football sites that say the vets Taush and Cliffy have been hurting so much more than has been let on.

I read somewhere that Cliffy's hamstring problem made it real tough for him to be able to stay low in his stance last week.

Either way, the vets who've been rock solid for years past have been uncharacteristically below average. I'm thinking it does have something to do with injuries, and not simply they've lost 'it'.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Greg C.
15 years ago
It was a nice game all-around for the Packers today. The only real area of weakness was the run blocking. And it didn't help that McCarthy kept calling for those off-tackle runs to the left, gaining 1-3 yards every time. That drove me nuts. They finally ran one to the right and gained 7 yards.

But yeah, the good stuff: Rodgers, Jennings, Driver, Kampman, Collins, Woodson, Tramon Williams, and on special teams, Will Blackmon. Plus, Mason Crosby hit a long field goal to pretty much ice the game in the fourth quarter. The pass blocking was pretty good, and so was the pass rush. This was the first game since the opener where the Packers clearly outplayed their opponent at the line of scrimmage.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
I sat down to watch the game. After about 15 min my wife told me we needed to go see out son. He was pretty sick and she wanted to Mother him and wanted me to come along. :crybaby:
I missed most of the game. Oh well. :shrug:
He is doing better so it was worth it. Unfortunately I am not exactly sure how the team played.
Grant had 33 carries. He may not have had a great yard per carry but he was a Hoss today.
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
15 years ago
It didn't show statistically, but Grant set the tone in this game.

If the Packers are going to win, they have to stay physical. I don't know if Bigby will be ready next week, but the secondary is going to have to stay rested because Peyton Manning seems to be back from his slump.

The trio of Harrison, Wayne, and Gonzalez are probably the best group of WR's we'll face all season.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
WhiskeySam
15 years ago
This was an easy win as it should have been. Seattle is one of the few teams banged up more than us, and one of the worst teams in the NFC right now. That said, I take our success with the pass rush today with a grain of salt. It was against a bad team, and we should dominate bad teams. I don't see that in the Colts team I watched today. If the Colts play with that intensity next week, we're going to get pasted.
Nemo me impune lacessit
HoustonMatt
15 years ago
While maybe not impressive to most teams, relative to the other 5 games we played, I was impressed by 5 penalties for 45 yards. And I don't recall a single one coming at a critical time of the game. Coach has been talking about the correctable things for 3 weeks now and they seemed to finally show some improvement. The team just didn't look as sloppy today. That's a good sign.
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago
That's a good point, Matt. FINALLY they took care of the penalty problem.
blank
15 years ago
not TOO impressive to beat the 'Hawks with a backup QB...though the past few losses were really lost to penalties...so yeah, great job on that front. i think we coulda gained another 7 pts, at least another 3...but Rodgers was obviously like "dudes. i'm in PAIN. let's kneel it and go home."

Grant? what can i say? at least he gained POSITIVE yardage this week, but 33 carries and less than 100 yds? that's just sad. really sad. will he be the fluke of the year?

Rodgers? fucking champ. i can't believe how tough and precise he is. PLEASE stay healthy, my friend.

Jennings? he stays healthy he'll be a shoe-in for a HOF'er spot in a few decades.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
Even if Rodgers was not in pain. Unwritten rule is if the game is in hand take a knee and don't run the score up. Most coaches follow that but not all.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

Even if Rodgers was not in pain. Unwritten rule is if the game is in hand take a knee and don't run the score up. Most coaches follow that but not all.

"wpr" wrote:

Yep, unless you wear cutoff sleeves and think you are a god.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (12h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.