Rockmolder
13 years ago

According to the PG, #Packers DE Johnny Jolly's never ending drug possession trial has been postponed yet again.

http://twitter.com/PAIGER33/status/15183363818 
macbob
13 years ago
The Journal Sentinel has some disturbing stories about JJ drug dealing, failing polygraph tests, etc. I can't believe he'd be that stupid.

Court document alleges Jolly "bought, sold, funded, transported" drugs
By Greg A. Bedard of the Journal Sentinel
Green Bay - With a clean record, Green Bay Packers end Johnny Jolly was most likely headed for a probated sentence, even if he was convicted on felony drug possession charges in Houston.

That is no longer the case.

It has become apparent the Green Bay Packers' end could face substantial prison time if he is found guilty.

Prosecutors in Houston intend to present evidence that Jolly was an active participant in the drug trade from approximately 2006 through May of 2008 during his upcoming codeine possession trial.

Assistant Harris County District Attorney Todd Keagle has filed a notice stating his intention to "use extraneous offenses and prior convictions for impeachment and/or punishment" during Jolly's trial, which is set to begin Friday.

Among those alleged extraneous offenses: That Jolly "bought, sold, funded, transported and aided in the buying, selling, funding and transportation of illegal narcotics including cocaine and marijuana" in Harris County from 2006 through May 2008.

The prosecutor also intends to introduce evidence that during the same period, Jolly was seen smoking marijuana and consuming liquid codeine; that Jolly "showed deception" during a polygraph test this month when asked about his use of alcohol, marijuana and street narcotics while on bond since December 15; and that he has attended nightclubs and bars and consumed alcohol since December, in violation of his bond.

Michelle E. Beck, Jolly's defense attorney, said that the document includes only "vague allegations" and that the fact that prosecutors filed it does not prove anything. She said Jolly has never previously been convicted on any crime.

"I could file a notice of intent to prove I'm Santa Claus, but that doesn't mean it's true," she said.

"We dispute (the allegations), and we look forward to having our day in court," she said.

But there's a huge caveat with this evidence: unless Jolly's attorney opens the door for it to be introduced at trial, it will only be disclosed during sentencing. So if Jolly is found not guilty or changes his mind and agrees to a plea deal, none of the evidence will see the light of a courtroom.

There is a possibility that federal charges could be brought against Jolly related to these allegations, but at this time there is no physical evidence.

If Jolly is found guilty on second-degree felony charges, he could be facing a double-digit sentence if the jury believes the evidence Keagle said he has obtained.

According to a source close to the investigation, a witness has come forward who will testify that Jolly not only funded drug transactions, but was present at the time of the dealings and used many of eight cars to carry the drugs in multiple transactions.

The source believes this witness is already incarcerated on an unrelated offense and it's unclear whether he's been given anything in return for his testimony.

The name of the witness has not yet been provided to Beck, but has to be before the trial starts.

Keagle, the prosecutor, was in court Thursday and could not be reached for comment.

The Packers have long said they will not comment on Jolly's legal situation.

The Packers put a first-round tender on Jolly, a restricted free agent, worth $2.521 million for the 2010 season. He still has not signed his tender.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy was asked about Jolly's situation Wednesday before the latest allegations came to light.

"I'm concerned for Johnny Jolly personally," McCarthy said. "He's a member of our football team that's going through a legal situation and we're monitoring it closely, and we'll just continue to support Johnny the best we can."

Asked about the team making preparations for being without Jolly because of suspension, McCarthy said: "With Johnny's situation, definitely his availability is in question. I don't think you can deny that."

The NFL will likely investigate the evidence the prosecutor has even if Jolly is found not guilty and he could be open to a longer suspension than originally thought.

"http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/95460664.html" wrote:

Packers' Jolly failed polygraph test
By Greg A. Bedard of the Journal Sentinel
While Johnny Jolly's felony drug trial in Houston was postponed again Tuesday, documents filed in the case may have revealed why the Green Bay Packers' defensive end was slapped with harsher bond restrictions last month.

In a report filed May 19, a polygraph services company concluded that Jolly was deceptive on questions related to his bond stipulations.

The polygraph is a voluntary procedure for some bonds in Texas. Jolly signed all the release forms.

Mike Boyd of Boyd, Smith & Associates asked Jolly that same day four questions related to his bond, which prohibited Jolly from possessing or using illegal drugs, committing any criminal offense or consuming alcohol.

Boyd concluded Jolly was most deceptive on two questions: "Did you consume any alcoholic beverage since Dec. 15, 2009?" and "Have you drank any alcohol that you're deliberately not telling me about since last Dec. 15th?"

"It is this examiner's professional opinion that the polygrams revealed that there was deception involved," Boyd wrote.

The report also said a second examiner blind scored the results of the polygraph and reached the same conclusion.

Jolly was told he failed the polygraph but offered no post-test admissions, according to the report.

Two days later, with only a party flier with Jolly's picture on it and a few pictures of Jolly attending parties - without drinks in his hand - Anderson ordered Jolly to submit to a hair follicle drug test and a 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew and ordered him not to visit any place with drugs or alcohol and to undergo further drug and alcohol evaluation.

The polygraph was not discussed at that court hearing.

Jolly was in front of Anderson on Tuesday, but there was no further discussion aside from resetting his jury trial date to Friday, when it could be postponed again because of court scheduling issues.

Jolly was arrested on July 8, 2008 for possessing more than 200 grams of codeine.There was some good news for Jolly on Tuesday, however. According to a source, the follicle test was negative for drugs.

That was not unexpected. Follicle tests go back only as far as the length of hair allows. If a sample is long, drug use can be detected up to 90 days prior. Jolly has short hair.

Tenders re-issued: In a technical move called for by the collective bargaining agreement, the Packers re-issued their restricted free-agent tenders to Jolly, cornerback Tramon Williams and safety Atari Bigby, a source said.

The big deadline date is June 15. If the players still have not signed their tenders, the Packers can then reduce the tender to 110% of the player's 2009 salary and still retain exclusive negotiating rights.

Open practice: The Packers will hold their second public off-season practice at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday at Nitschke Field, weather permitting.

Correspondent Ken Fountain contributed to this story from Houston.

"http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/95378619.html wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Failing a polygraph test isn't that big of a deal. It's the questions he was asked and lied about that are the big deal.

If I take a polygraph and am asked "Are you God" and I say yes ... am I a bad person because I failed the polygraph test? No. (shut up!)
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Next time you're tempted to give a quarter of a shit about what a polygraph says, watch this clip a few hundred times until it's seared into your brain. The fun part starts at 1:53.

[youtube]oEZTt_Ciiws[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
Kingkoopa
13 years ago
very informative, thanks for the link nonstop.
blank
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

If I take a polygraph and am asked "Are you God" and I say yes ... am I a bad person because I failed the polygraph test? No. (shut up!)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Another typical response from a former QB... 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
😉
UserPostedImage
macbob
13 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Another typical response from a former QB... ;)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

And here I thought it was a Ghostbusters reference...
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (59m) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (1h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (4h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (5h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (10h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (10h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (17h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (17h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (18h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (21h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.