Zero2Cool
13 years ago
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/news_items/40/news_items_more.php?id=3678§ion_id=40 

[img_r]http://wauk-am.tritondigitalmedia.com/includes/news_items/40/3678/homerrodgers.jpg[/img_r]GREEN BAY Aaron Rodgers apologized Wednesday. Sort of.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback said after the teams open-to-the-media organized team activity practice that he regrets airing his complaints about ESPNs Monday Night Football broadcast team in an interview Monday with ESPNMilwaukee and ESPNMadisons Steve The Homer True and Mitch Nelles during Andy Norths charity golf event at Trappers Turn in Wisconsin Dells.

In the interview, which can be heard here, Rodgers said Tony Kornheiser, a former Monday Night Football commentator and co-host of Pardon The Interruption, did absolutely no research. Rodgers also questioned whether Kornheiser knows anything about sports.

"You know who was better than Tony Kornheiser, though? Dennis Miller was 10 times better, Rodgers said in response to one question. And I thought Dennis, a great comedian, was one of the worst 'Monday Night Football' guys ever. But he was 10 times better than Tony Kornheiser.

"(Millers) stuff was actually funny. Tony was not funny at all. He would do absolutely no research. We would sit in those production meetings and he would have absolutely nothing to offer the conversation. Like, what are we doing here? This is stupid."

Rodgers was complimentary of play-by-play man Mike Tirico but went on to criticize Kornheiser further afterward.

"Mike Tirico, I think, is one of the best play-by-play guys in the game," Rodgers said. "He's incredible; he's great. He does his research. He comes in and has a list of questions that apply to the game you are playing that week. With Tony, he is asking all these dumb questions that have no application to the game you are playing or anything you are doing."

Rodgers added that Kornheiser is "terrible" on PTI.

"He's bad," Rodgers said. "He's really bad. I don't think he is funny. I don't think he is insightful. I don't think he really knows anything about sports."

Rodgers also ripped current Monday Night Football analyst Ron Jaworski, calling the ex-NFL quarterbacks past opinions of Rodgers fundamentals perhaps the worst segment in the history of TV.

I like him," Rodgers said. "But when I was coming out he did the worst segment, in my opinion, in the history of TV about me. He talked about my fundamentals, which was not even close to anywhere near my fundamentals. And the first time I met him, somebody introduced me to him, I said, 'Yeah, I know him. The guy ripped me before the draft.' The rest of the night, he told me what a great player I was. I was like, 'Come on, I know your song and dance.' And now he loves me."

Asked about the interview on Wednesday, Rodgers said it was inappropriate of him to say what he did on the radio, but he did not apologize for anything he said.

I've had a lot of conversations with Homer and none that ever got out. Unfortunately, the message (was) really in jest talking about that, (but) it was probably inappropriate for that setting and I didn't mean to offend anybody personally, Rodgers said. I have a lot of respect for those guys and what they do; it's something that I know is more difficult than it looks at times. And I meant no personal disrespect to anybody and I apologize if anybody took offense to what I said. Unfortunately, the translation is often lost when it's on radio and not on TV. For that, I apologize.

Asked directly if he regrets his Kornheiser comments, Rodgers replied, You know what? I regret that ... it was an inappropriate setting, I think, for those comments.

Told that he didnt sound like he was backing away from the substance of his statements, Rodgers added, You know, like I said, the setting of the statements was inappropriate.

Health watch: Coach Mike McCarthy revealed why inside linebacker Nick Barnett and wide receiver Donald Driver havent been participating in OTAs Barnett hasnt practiced at all, while Driver has been withheld from all 11-on-11 work so far this offseason: Both players had arthroscopic knee surgeries after the 2009 season ended.

McCarthy said Barnett had just a clean-up surgery on his right knee, in which he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in 2008. Driver had some clean-up in both of his knees, McCarthy revealed.

Tight end Jermichael Finley (knee tendinitis) and defensive end Ryan Pickett (pectoral strain) were sidelined by new injuries.

Continuing to sit out practice Wednesday were wide receiver Brett Swain (knee), cornerback Charles Woodson (rest), safety/returner Will Blackmon (knee), safety Derrick Martin (ankle), cornerback Al Harris (knee), tight end Spencer Havner (shoulder blade), Barnett, right tackle T.J. Lang (wrist), center/guard Jason Spitz (back) and defensive lineman Ronald Talley (knee).

McCarthy couldnt say for sure whether Woodson would practice during the mandatory minicamp, which begins June 21.

He's been here, but once again, Charles, he's no spring chicken, McCarthy said. I think it's important to be smart with your older players. He's always done a great job, more of the old-school method of keeping himself in great shape. We know he'll be ready to play.

The only three players absent Wednesday were unsigned restricted free agents Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolly and Tramon Williams.

Rookie running back James Starks, a sixth-round pick returned to practice after suffering a hamstring injury recently. Starks missed all of last season at the University of Buffalo with a shoulder injury.

It was fun. Got to learn a lot, though, Starks said after practice. Just got to get a little rust out of me but Ill be good tomorrow.

Defensive end Justin Harrell also returned to 11-on-11 work after not participating in team drills during last weeks open OTA practice.

Big Ten fever: No. 2 running back Brandon Jackson, the lone Nebraska alum in the Packers locker room, said hes excited about the Huskers expected move to the Big Ten Conference, part of the major shift in conference alignments that will lead to the end of the Big 12 Conference.

It's crazy, but whatever the Huskers are going to do, I'm behind them, Jackson said. The Big 12 conference is a great conference. The Big Ten is a great conference, too. I feel like if we were to transfer conferences, we'll be a big contender to be in the national championship. I feel like that's a conference we can probably go in and dominate with the physicality that we have now. I just think it's a great opportunity. It's also a great opportunity if we stay. The elements that (coach) Bo Pellini brings to the table, I think we'd be good if we were to stay, I think we'd be good if we were to go."

There's nothing like playing Texas, or playing Texas Tech or Oklahoma, Oklahoma State. But I feel good.

Extra points: Speaking of Nebraska, ex-Packers and ex-Huskers running back Ahman Green, who became the Packers all-time leading rusher in his return engagement last season, has signed with the UFLs Omaha NightHawks, coached by ex-Packers offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski. Even though Chris Bryan mis-hit one so badly that it ended up in the parking lot behind Ray Nitschke Field, McCarthy praised his punters, saying the team has excellent competition between Bryan and Tim Masthay. Asked if one has a slight advantage at this point, McCarthy replied, It's tied.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (8h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (8h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (8h) : fuck
beast (9h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (9h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (10h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (10h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (10h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (10h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (10h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (11h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (11h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (12h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (12h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (12h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.