Gravedigga
13 years ago

I consider myself one of the earliest anti-favrists (?), I was over him when he threw up that duck against Philly in OT.

"dingus" wrote:

You should have been "over" the packers defense after that 4th & 26 unbelievable, horrible melt down. I've never seen anything like it except for..........the unbelievable horrible meltdown by the packers defense vs the 49ers in that last second Young to Owens touchdown. In fact, Favres defense let him down constantly. They (packers defense) was smoked in the playoffs by the Rams, Vikings, 49ers meltdown, Cowboys twice, Falcons, Eagles meltdown. Always the same, our pass defense couldnt cover and we got no pressure on the QB. He just didnt have enough magic to overcome his supporting cast.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
I am over the D screwing up, but the 66 average rating in the playoff losses for the last 12 years is more disturbing to any Packer fan. Hard to blame a D when the QB is tossing duck after duck and having a 56 rating. Unless you have a problem with reality.

There is a mental condition, it is the inability to distinguish reality from irrational hero worship. It is called Favreism.

I give credence to Jay Glazer and his report that Favre deliberately sabotaged the Packers and Rodger first year buy calling several of the Packers opponents and I would also guess the Vikings because of the contact they had with him before the Jets trade. If you believe that, Favre is a low life creep. If you believe that and are glad he did it, you are a low life creep.

If you don't believe it, remember one thing. If Glazer lied, he and his employers could be sued for a buttload of money and Favre can afford a real good legal team.

If the story could not be back up, the editor and the legal team wouldn't let the story see the light of day.

If Favre lied about the story, nothing happens. Who was out on a limb. Who had some thing to lose and who didn't.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Cheesey
13 years ago
I don't know.......Favre had WAY too many playoff appearances where HE imploded. The last game as a Packer and the last one as a Viking pretty much sum up how he has done in playoff games, other then SB 31.
He has thrown up some lame ducks. The one against the Giants is a perfect example. It's in OT, and there was no need to HAVE to score. Play it safe and let your D give you another shot. But "quack quack", up goes the duck.
Last year with the Vikings, run for a few yards and let your kicker have a shot to win it. The worst that happens is you don't score and the Saints get the ball. But "quack quack" up goes another one.
He's been consistant.......consistantly bad in the playoffs. He had MANY shots to be the guy that wins more then one SB. But he doesn't come through in the biggest games, save one.
Don't get me wrong......he gave us one GREAT season, and lots of "good" ones, and i'm thankful for that. But he's NOT the "god" some make him out to be. He had a great D last year, and still found a way to choke the game away when it counted most.
I don't hate the guy, far from it. But if you look at all of it realisticly, you see he just can't get it done at the end of the season when it counts the most.
He's still a very good, very talented QB. But you have to remember he holds not only the TD record, but the INT record as well.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
The only reason why he didn't implode in the Super Bowl is that Holmgren (wisely) kept a tight leash on him. Watch that game again. You'll see Favre did nothing in the second half.
UserPostedImage
dingus
13 years ago

I consider myself one of the earliest anti-favrists (?), I was over him when he threw up that duck against Philly in OT.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

You should have been "over" the packers defense after that 4th & 26 unbelievable, horrible melt down. I've never seen anything like it except for..........the unbelievable horrible meltdown by the packers defense vs the 49ers in that last second Young to Owens touchdown. In fact, Favres defense let him down constantly. They (packers defense) was smoked in the playoffs by the Rams, Vikings, 49ers meltdown, Cowboys twice, Falcons, Eagles meltdown. Always the same, our pass defense couldnt cover and we got no pressure on the QB. He just didnt have enough magic to overcome his supporting cast.

"dingus" wrote:

The D definitely screwed the pooch on that play, no doubt about it but it didn't end the game for us. That BS pass KILLED us, and if memory serves it was 2nd down, no need to throw it whatsoever. I also recall Favre using his subtle "I was thinking the receiver would ______" blame shifting technique in the post game PC ala last year.

And blaming the D for the Rams game is beyond pathetic, the man threw 6 INTs I believe. The playoff loss to the Vikings is another example of horrible QB play. The 49ers would have killed us in 98 if TO doesn't drop the ball 4 or 5 times, he just happened to hold on to the toughest ball thrown to him all day.

Changing the last line of your post to "He just didnt have enough smarts to overcome his ego" would be much closer to the truth.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
And we haven't even begun to describe his stellar performance -- or should we say, spectacular meltdown -- in the Atlanta game.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago
I was thinking of the Atlanta game also. Fact is, there are lots to choose from. The play of your QB dictates alot on the outcome of a game. There were just so many where he seemed to loose it in the playoffs.
He still will always be one of my favorite players.
I just believe in being honest as to how good/bad he played. As BIG as he could play, he could just as easily lose games for you.
But he was never dull!
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
4th and 28? Philly in '03, Favre coasted for 3 quarters after jumping out to a peasley 2 td lead in the first. Scoring 3 points in 3 quarters. Mackenzie and Barnette set the Pack up with their first score with a TO. Favre had been setting up the punter to get lots of kicks. The D got 8 sacks and forced 3 fumbles. And Favre carried the team by going 15 of 28 for 180 yards and an int that killed the game. 4th and 28 happened after they had 4th and 1 at the Eagles' 40 and Favre forgot to look at the game clock and got a delay penalty.

Lets look at some others shall we.

MN game in '04 with 4 ints and a 55.4 rating against an 8-8 team.

Giants in '07 with 2 ints a 54.3% completions and a 70.7 rating. One of them was "The Interception".

Atlanta in '02 with 2 ints 1 fumble a 47.6% completions and a 54.4 rating

St Louis in '01 with 6... SIX... I said 6 ints, 59.1% completions and a 53.5 rating. That year they went 12-4 in spite of Favre having 7 games in the 70s or below. Including a win where he had a 60 rating with 2 ints.

That SF game he had 2 ints a 57.1 completion percentage and 79.7 rating

For such a great player who carries the team, he lets them down in the playoffs an awful lot.

Here are some little recalled games.

'97 Tampa win. 15 of 28 for 190 yards 53.6% completions 2 int and a 57.1 rating. Who carried who in that game?

'95 Dallas NFCCG loss. 21 of 39 for a 53.8% completions 2 ints and a nearly average rating of 84. The ints lead to 14 dallas points and they lost by 11. One int came in the 4th quarter after surrendering the lead, the Pack was driving to take it back, Favre threw poor pass directly to a Dallas player and which resulted in an int to set up Dallas for a 2 score lead. After that Favre crumbled with a couple of 3 and outs. His first of many collapses in the playoffs. With a D that gave up 21 or less in 12 games that year. Including 2 times in the playoffs.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Gravedigga
13 years ago

And we haven't even begun to describe his stellar performance -- or should we say, spectacular meltdown -- in the Atlanta game.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

The only thing i remember from Atlanta was it was a bad weather game, hard to do anything at all. And Michael Vick dominating our D all game long. Making a play every time they needed one with his legs
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Gravedigga
13 years ago

4th and 28? Philly in '03, Favre coasted for 3 quarters after jumping out to a peasley 2 td lead in the first. Scoring 3 points in 3 quarters. Mackenzie and Barnette set the Pack up with their first score with a TO. Favre had been setting up the punter to get lots of kicks. The D got 8 sacks and forced 3 fumbles. And Favre carried the team by going 15 of 28 for 180 yards and an int that killed the game. 4th and 28 happened after they had 4th and 1 at the Eagles' 40 and Favre forgot to look at the game clock and got a delay penalty.

Lets look at some others shall we.

MN game in '04 with 4 ints and a 55.4 rating against an 8-8 team.

Giants in '07 with 2 ints a 54.3% completions and a 70.7 rating. One of them was "The Interception".

Atlanta in '02 with 2 ints 1 fumble a 47.6% completions and a 54.4 rating

St Louis in '01 with 6... SIX... I said 6 ints, 59.1% completions and a 53.5 rating. That year they went 12-4 in spite of Favre having 7 games in the 70s or below. Including a win where he had a 60 rating with 2 ints.

That SF game he had 2 ints a 57.1 completion percentage and 79.7 rating

For such a great player who carries the team, he lets them down in the playoffs an awful lot.

Here are some little recalled games.

'97 Tampa win. 15 of 28 for 190 yards 53.6% completions 2 int and a 57.1 rating. Who carried who in that game?

'95 Dallas NFCCG loss. 21 of 39 for a 53.8% completions 2 ints and a nearly average rating of 84. The ints lead to 14 dallas points and they lost by 11. One int came in the 4th quarter after surrendering the lead, the Pack was driving to take it back, Favre threw poor pass directly to a Dallas player and which resulted in an int to set up Dallas for a 2 score lead. After that Favre crumbled with a couple of 3 and outs. His first of many collapses in the playoffs. With a D that gave up 21 or less in 12 games that year. Including 2 times in the playoffs.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

I have a feeling you're really young and didn't watch these games. Do you just looked up the box scores on them? A lot of these games are cold weather games where you're not going to have perfect throwing conditions as well, keep that in mind.

St. Louis was a juggernaut offensive squad and Favre absolutely had to put up a shit load of points to even keep the game close. The Rams were way out of our league that year.

He played fine in the Giants game till that last bonehead INT. Not the best game of his life but he played fine. If Al Harris didn't dissapear that day, the Packers win easily.

That 95 Cowboys team is one of the best teams in league history. We were sorely overmatched at every position pretty much.

Regardless what you say, the 49ers game was all but over and then our D managed to grab defeat from the hands of victory.

Also, what is this "4th & 28" you keep mentioning? Never heard of it.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said