dingus
13 years ago

4th and 28? Philly in '03, Favre coasted for 3 quarters after jumping out to a peasley 2 td lead in the first. Scoring 3 points in 3 quarters. Mackenzie and Barnette set the Pack up with their first score with a TO. Favre had been setting up the punter to get lots of kicks. The D got 8 sacks and forced 3 fumbles. And Favre carried the team by going 15 of 28 for 180 yards and an int that killed the game. 4th and 28 happened after they had 4th and 1 at the Eagles' 40 and Favre forgot to look at the game clock and got a delay penalty.

Lets look at some others shall we.

MN game in '04 with 4 ints and a 55.4 rating against an 8-8 team.

Giants in '07 with 2 ints a 54.3% completions and a 70.7 rating. One of them was "The Interception".

Atlanta in '02 with 2 ints 1 fumble a 47.6% completions and a 54.4 rating

St Louis in '01 with 6... SIX... I said 6 ints, 59.1% completions and a 53.5 rating. That year they went 12-4 in spite of Favre having 7 games in the 70s or below. Including a win where he had a 60 rating with 2 ints.

That SF game he had 2 ints a 57.1 completion percentage and 79.7 rating

For such a great player who carries the team, he lets them down in the playoffs an awful lot.

Here are some little recalled games.

'97 Tampa win. 15 of 28 for 190 yards 53.6% completions 2 int and a 57.1 rating. Who carried who in that game?

'95 Dallas NFCCG loss. 21 of 39 for a 53.8% completions 2 ints and a nearly average rating of 84. The ints lead to 14 dallas points and they lost by 11. One int came in the 4th quarter after surrendering the lead, the Pack was driving to take it back, Favre threw poor pass directly to a Dallas player and which resulted in an int to set up Dallas for a 2 score lead. After that Favre crumbled with a couple of 3 and outs. His first of many collapses in the playoffs. With a D that gave up 21 or less in 12 games that year. Including 2 times in the playoffs.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

I have a feeling you're really young and didn't watch these games. Do you just looked up the box scores on them? A lot of these games are cold weather games where you're not going to have perfect throwing conditions as well, keep that in mind.

St. Louis was a juggernaut offensive squad and Favre absolutely had to put up a shit load of points to even keep the game close. The Rams were way out of our league that year.

He played fine in the Giants game till that last bonehead INT. Not the best game of his life but he played fine. If Al Harris didn't dissapear that day, the Packers win easily.

That 95 Cowboys team is one of the best teams in league history. We were sorely overmatched at every position pretty much.

Regardless what you say, the 49ers game was all but over and then our D managed to grab defeat from the hands of victory.

Also, what is this "4th & 28" you keep mentioning? Never heard of it.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

Young's got nothing to do with it, I'm old enough to have seen all of those games and the box scores do tell alot of the story.

Ram's game I'll agree with you to some extent, we were out matched and it would have taken a perfect game from everyone on the field to win. That being said, HE THREW 6 INT'S! Possibly the single worst performance of his career.

NFL network has shown and continues to show lots of these games (with the exceptions being the Atlanta game and the Rams game), you should check them out again. But be warned, they're painful to watch.

And blaming 07 on Harris is just plain wrong, you do realize that the people on the opposing teams are pros too, right. Manning and Burress and the rest of the Giants played lights out for the most part, they deserved to win that game before Favre got the chance to throw that duck in OT.
blank
Porforis
13 years ago

Color me sick of seeing athlete's being called media whores.

"Formo" wrote:

Butthurt over it, even? 😉
Gravedigga
13 years ago

NFL network has shown and continues to show lots of these games (with the exceptions being the Atlanta game and the Rams game), you should check them out again. But be warned, they're painful to watch.

"dingus" wrote:

I'll pass. I turned the Rams game off probably by half time. Same with some of the Cowboys games and a couple of other playoff blowouts. Made me sick the first time. Don't need to go through that again.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
Sonny, I was watching Packers before Wolf and White turned the team around. I grew up in MN and watched the Vikings lose super bowls. My number in high school was 44 after Chuck Forman. My grandmother liked the Packers because before there were Vikings, MN people cheered for the Packers. I learnd to love foot ball from her in the 70's.

I don't watch Football because I love 1 player. Football is the reason I watch. I will watch teams I have no interest in. I will cheer for the Packers even when they are losing. I like it better when they win, but I will not quit watching when they lose. That is not being a fan of football or the Packers. That is being a fan of winning. You need to associate yourself with winners or you lose interest. Which is why you need Favre to be great. You even turn him off when he sucks, refusing to watch.

I would rather cheer for an 0-16 Packers than shut off the game. I would sit until the final snap in a blow out loss in December game where it was 35 deg and raining than miss out on football. Because I am a PACKER FAN!! I would rather cheer for an 0-16 Packers than turn on them over 1 pretty good football player who couldn't close the deal. Who went out of his way to stick it to them. You know, Favre deserves fans like you.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
peteralan71
13 years ago

I knew it was fake. He's coming back. Fucking media needs to jump off a cliff. I'm sure some will say it's Bretts fault. The old flip flop. The waffler, insert ignorant comment here, etc.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Don't give me that crap. You cannot say that it is all media. If that were the case, Favre could have come out within two minutes of the story dropping and say that it was a falsification. INSTEAD, he waits it out and talks to Mooch about it. Even then, he's not saying to him, "Hey, would you tell the media about this for me?" NO. That is because he doesn't really care, he wants all eyes on him for as long as possible. The guy is a straight up douche. Wish I would have seen this coming long ago.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago
I've watched the 49ers game a couple of times and Favre drove the team 80-plus yards to take the lead with just under two minutes to play. A big play in that game was a bomb to Corey Bradford, who had just three receptions during the season. That type of play takes balls.

There is such thing as going too far with criticism and that one might be an example of just that.
dfosterf
13 years ago

I've watched the 49ers game a couple of times and Favre drove the team 80-plus yards to take the lead with just under two minutes to play. A big play in that game was a bomb to Corey Bradford, who had just three receptions during the season. That type of play takes balls.

There is such thing as going too far with criticism and that one might be an example of just that.

"porky88" wrote:

Porky-

Bringin' us all back to earth, as always, lol
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I'm watching the 2002 Rams/Packers game right now. I know the Rams had the #3 defense in the league that year (coached by Lovie Smith), so I'll be interested to see how effective they were against our offense.

In other words, if Favre really had an excuse for those interceptions.

UPDATE:

First interception: Absolutely no excuse. Favre completely misreads the defense and throws it into the hands of Aeneas Williams. Billy Schroeder's back is to Favre when he throws, and Williams simply lets him go.
UserPostedImage
CDNRodgersfan
13 years ago
I think in general most QB's get all the praise but their failures are hushed upl Just look as much as this thread has shown how bad Brett has been in playoffs he still has a better record then Peyton Manning. Now don't give me the Manning never had a defense because they won him his one SB as he played terrible in the playoffs that year. To me it's not exactly a shocking stat to see a QB not have a good rating in his losses. Isn't that kinda obvious?
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago

I think in general most QB's get all the praise but their failures are hushed upl Just look as much as this thread has shown how bad Brett has been in playoffs he still has a better record then Peyton Manning. Now don't give me the Manning never had a defense because they won him his one SB as he played terrible in the playoffs that year. To me it's not exactly a shocking stat to see a QB not have a good rating in his losses. Isn't that kinda obvious?

"CDNRodgersfan" wrote:

Actually, Manning has been getting better ratings in his losses. In the last 3 playoff losses he averaged about a 100 rating. Before that he was in the 50s. But that is completely beside the point. The team is about winning and losing. The player is about how well they played. If Manning Played better than his average and still lost, it isn't his fault. It goes the same for Favre or even Rodgers. Unfortunatly, Favre never "Raised his game", he always lowered it. In Rodgers' playoff appearance he had a 121.

Favre doesn't even hit his average in the playoff losses, so he is not carrying the team and being dragged down by it. He is one of, if not the reason they lose.

That the teams lost and Favre had bad games may be related but not the issue. It is that he played bad in the playoffs about half of the time.

As far as the SF game goes, Favre threw 2 ints, one was a fluttering duck, had 57% completions and a 80 rating. He didn't even play up to his career average. He had an uninspired game up to that last drive. If he actually played better in critical games like Bart Starr, we may have won several super bowls. But to say someone who consistently plays below average and on some occasions horribly, in crucial games is being held back by his incompetent team is a load of troll nuggets.

St Louis scored 21 off of int returns for a TD and another int set up a 1st and goal at the 4. 28 points off Bretts arm. They lost by 28 points. They might have scored a couple if Brett had not kept giving the ball back.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.