porky88
13 years ago

I think in general most QB's get all the praise but their failures are hushed upl Just look as much as this thread has shown how bad Brett has been in playoffs he still has a better record then Peyton Manning. Now don't give me the Manning never had a defense because they won him his one SB as he played terrible in the playoffs that year. To me it's not exactly a shocking stat to see a QB not have a good rating in his losses. Isn't that kinda obvious?

"CDNRodgersfan" wrote:

It's all about being able to rise to the occasion. As of late, Favre hasn't done it in playoff games. He's been spotty at best. I also share the same view with Manning, who really has one defining moment in his career, which is the comeback against New England. Beyond that, he's played very well in some big games, but he's been spotty as well. No matter what stat anyone throws out there, you can't measure the ability to rise to the occasion. Either you do it or you don't. That simple.
Cheesey
13 years ago
Dexter sinister gets a +1 from me for his comments on being a Packer fan/football fan! GREAT comments my friend!

What i don't understand is, why some people will single out guys, like Harris for example, saying they were a big reason we lost a game. But they seem to give a "free pass" (pardon the pun) to a certain QB when he screws up and costs us games. Alot of times our D had to try to make up for Favre's mistakes. That's not picking on him, it's just facts.
He has made more bad plays that cost us games then he should have. I think one of his biggest career problems has been trying to do too much at times.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I just finished watching the 2002 Packers/Rams divisional playoff game. I am at a loss for words right now. There was no reason for the Packers to lose that game. It certainly wasn't the defense's fault -- they held Warner in check. Favre should have had 8 INTs, most of them egregious. The Packers should have had at last 9 turnovers, if it weren't for a really bad call on the part of the officials on the first play (Franks clearly fumbled and was not down by contact). And the Rams could easily have scored 35 off INTs, had the officials not made a questionable call in ruling Aeneas Williams down by contact. This game was even worse than I remembered it -- and worse than the box scores -- because it wasn't primarily a team failure (though the running game was admittedly less than stellar). It was almost exclusively a Favre failure. The receivers and tight ends did their part. So did the defense. So did special teams, with the exception of the hold on the Rossum return for a touchdown.

You have to hand it to him. It was truly a spectacular failure. The sad thing is it was so unnecessary. The only reason they were playing from behind was he was throwing the game away.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
13 years ago

Sonny, I was watching Packers before Wolf and White turned the team around. I grew up in MN and watched the Vikings lose super bowls. My number in high school was 44 after Chuck Forman. My grandmother liked the Packers because before there were Vikings, MN people cheered for the Packers. I learnd to love foot ball from her in the 70's.

I don't watch Football because I love 1 player. Football is the reason I watch. I will watch teams I have no interest in. I will cheer for the Packers even when they are losing. I like it better when they win, but I will not quit watching when they lose. That is not being a fan of football or the Packers. That is being a fan of winning. You need to associate yourself with winners or you lose interest. Which is why you need Favre to be great. You even turn him off when he sucks, refusing to watch.

I would rather cheer for an 0-16 Packers than shut off the game. I would sit until the final snap in a blow out loss in December game where it was 35 deg and raining than miss out on football. Because I am a PACKER FAN!! I would rather cheer for an 0-16 Packers than turn on them over 1 pretty good football player who couldn't close the deal. Who went out of his way to stick it to them. You know, Favre deserves fans like you.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

Yea, your 100% correct!!! Or, maybe it's that I care so much that I cant stand to watch them lose. Your dumb ass comments make no sense. Most of my favorite players all time are Packers who are not well known or celebrated outside of Green Bay.

Also, I don't like watching teams try to pile up meaningless stats at the end of a game they're being blown out in. It really pisses me off and I don't want to see it. Like Ricky Watters said. "For who, for what". Maybe you're just too old and your memory is fading because the only good part of many of those packer teams was Favre. Playing with a bunch of backups most of his career.

Never had a game changing receiver after Sharpe, almost 17 years ago other than Javon Walkers one good year. Never had a game changer at RB other than the great fumbler, Ahman Green. Chewy the child molester and Frankenstein were his great tight ends. Bottom line, they were mediocre at best. Bubba was good at being a tree in the end zone and catching some TD's and Chumura was slightly above average for 2 years, thats about it. After Reggie left, that defense was crap for 10 years pretty much and the o-line was decent only half the time and it's been garbage since 2005 or so.

Good old #27, T-BUCK falling down, getting turned around, losing the ball in the air, getting played like a flute repeatedly against the Cowboys. Why the hell would I want to watch that. I turn the TV off and the pain starts to end. Our corner backs have always been chewed up by big receivers, blowing huge games for us. Michael Irvin and Alvin Harper 3 years in a row with the Cowboys. Terrell Owens in the SF debacle. Randy Moss and the Vikings in whatever years it was, "4th & 28" as you call it and the Giants game in 2007 season. There's more, just cant remember. I won't even count the Rams game because we were totally outclassed in every area.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
13 years ago

I'm watching the 2002 Rams/Packers game right now. I know the Rams had the #3 defense in the league that year (coached by Lovie Smith), so I'll be interested to see how effective they were against our offense.

In other words, if Favre really had an excuse for those interceptions.

UPDATE:

First interception: Absolutely no excuse. Favre completely misreads the defense and throws it into the hands of Aeneas Williams. Billy Schroeder's back is to Favre when he throws, and Williams simply lets him go.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Receiver went the wrong way? lol
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Cheesey
13 years ago
It HAD to be that the receiver went the wrong way. It just HAD to be! I mean.......it's Brett FAVRE! He couldn't POSSIBLY be at fault!
(sarcasm mode OFF)

That comment was exactly what i mean. Some will throw blame all over the place in order to hide the POSSIBILITY that the one man they think can do no wrong can be held blameless.

At least in their eyes.......
Me.....i believe in being honest. Favre isn't the all time interception thrower because he was SOOOO perfect. The vast majority of his picks (not all of them of course) were of his own making.
Like was said earlier..........when he had a coach that held the reins on him, he was pretty darn good. When he had coaches that coddled him and let him always have his way, he screwed up.
In other words, when he was held accountable, he flourished. When he wasn't held accountable, he screwed up.
LOTS.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
13 years ago

It HAD to be that the receiver went the wrong way. It just HAD to be! I mean.......it's Brett FAVRE! He couldn't POSSIBLY be at fault!

"Cheesey" wrote:

Musta been, either that or he didn't come back to the ball. Also, it was pretty cold out and our running game was weak. And I think he was playing with an injury. And the refs missed a pass interference call. Plus, it was just a bad play call by coach. Definitely can't put this one on Favre. Them balls were wet from the snow too if I recall.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Pack93z
13 years ago
I spent Thursday night through Saturday morning in the great state of Mississippi.. while there and bumping into the locals.. I would ask a simple question of their thoughts on their state product, one Brett Favre.

More so than not.. he is viewed as a attention starved diva by the locals.. but one that can play the game of football.. which lead to, if reading facial expressions are correct, a somewhat conflicted pride brought forth.

Why bother you ask..

Because I loved to see folks reaction and mindset to certain cultural situations.. love him or loathe him.. dude draws a reaction.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
It was cold out? Dude, this game was played INDOORS.

And lay off the "child molestor"/"child rapist" shit. I'm getting really sick of it. I quoted directly out of the law in another thread to show that according to all the evidence and testimony presented -- both by the prosecution and the defense -- Chmura did not commit the crime of which he was accused, and the jury did right to acquit him.

The internet is not anonymous and you are committing libel in the strictest sense of the word.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Now.. are we seriously debating one of Brett's flame outs in the playoffs yet again.. one thing is for certain.. guy is like a stick stuck in the Packer nations craw.

Enjoy the drama he brings to our neighbors.. and if he plays, enjoy the talent he brings to the field.. and hopefully we kick his ass a time or two this season. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"