Pack93z
13 years ago
How about a national gag order on all Brett related news until he makes an official announcement and months pass after it... lol. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Gravedigga
13 years ago

but it is fun to see the double standards that the Brett worshipers have and I LOVE to prove them wrong

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I think you base people who like Favre on one or two people on this forum. Which is not the norm. I have never said he's perfect. My whole point is that why do people care so much about this - lets say he sent all these texts and then denied it - how is that affect anyone? I think its stupid for ESPN to have a special, for NFL Network to have a special, for every columnist in the country to come out with views as of all this stuff are facts, etc based on anonymous sources without hearing anything from Favre or the Vikings. I think thats careless.

I didn't know that Shanicoe saw the texts personally and went on the record and said that - source? If he did, I don't understand why these reporters couldn't have waited until a public source confirmed the news. Oh wait, they can't because they have to get the Tweet out there first.

If all of this is a coverup to ensure that Favre doesn't look like a liar about the texts, the Vikings are the most cohesive unit in the history of sports. This is how it would have gone down:

1) Favre texts teammates and calls Vikings organization on Monday night
2) Favre plans a press conference or press release to retire
2) Vikings organization immediately figures out who Favre texted and contacts them and tells them not to say anything to the press
3) The next day, the players that got texts do not mention it to a lot of their teammates as I was watching on NFL Network and the reporter there said many of the players were geniunely shocked by the news that Favre retired
4) Favre's family members in Mississippi come out and lie and say they didn't know a decision was made
4) Childress comes out and lies to reporters
5) Longwell, Hutchinson, etc. all come out and lie, including Longwell releasing the text in which Favre says I'm going to be on the next flight to Minny because Longwell found a pizza buffet or something - WOW, does Longwell not want Favre to look like a liar
6) Favre talks to Maraccui Tuesday night, lies and says he has not decided yet
7) Favre wakes up Wednesday morning and goes to Oak High School to throw a bit to ensure that everyone believes his lie that he hasn't made a decision - and subjects himself to the media
8 ) Favre lies and says he didn't send texts that said he is 100% done

ALL of this lying to ensure that Favre does not look like a liar to the public? If you ask me, the truth is somewhere in the middle, like Favre was heavily considering retirement or whatever and it got blown out of proportion.

But overall, my point is the media is out of control when it comes to Favre - any journalistic integrity is thrown out. If it isn't from Favre or the Vikings, why does anyone (especially Packers fans) care? Either he'll be playing this year or not. Like what is the point of proving he lied about the texts or whatever, who cares. How do you know the Vikings didn't tell him "do not mention the texts" or whatever. It doesn't prove he's the anti-christ or whatever, it doesn't prove a darn thing!

Glazer's story is so high level, he doesn't get into any details. It didn't interest him at all about the lie? If these "sources" have already revealed all this to him, wouldn't they also release the conspiracy and say how the Vikings organization forced them to lie?

Overall, I don't care (as I think most people that like him don't) about how Favre acts off the field. For all I know he sent text pictures to a Jets cheerleader while married. I don't care. End result, I like how he plays on the field, its fun to watch, its entertaining, he gets you up out of your seat on Sundays and America LOVES to watch him - his games are consistently rated the highest. Thats why I watch sports, to be entertained, not to find a morally uncorrupt individual. This whole Favre lied about texts is a witchhunt that does not change a THING in the grand scheme.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Great read, especially the last paragraph. People who care about the other BS need a hobby other than trying to prove that Favre isn't a perfect person
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
longtimefan
13 years ago

Actually, it's the guys out of Minnesota and Jay Glazer that I believe broke the story. Although, Visanthe Shianco did tell Scott Van Pelt that players had received word from Favre that he was retiring. There was also a very intense meeting among front office personnel in Minnesota. There was some fire here.

"porky88" wrote:

Shhhhhh Brett said they are lying
DakotaT
13 years ago

Great read, especially the last paragraph. People who care about the other BS need a hobby other than trying to prove that Favre isn't a perfect person

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Ah, but to the ultimate Favre supporters he is perfect, a demigod, people named their children after him.

I'm amused living in the land of purple followers how many have waffled their own convictions of the man based on last season.

I was done with Brett after his 2007 quail pass to Driver, when four other guys were open, and the only reason I care about him anymore is that he went to extremes to put on the purple. He is and was a great Packer, and will be in our ring of honor, but he has soured that honor a little bit by his actions.

Brett, play, don't play; but teams are bringing you the pain this year. No more respecting the legend. And you deserve every bit of it for taking the last 3 training camps off with your BS.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
13 years ago

If he and Glazer are wrong their CAREER is gone the tubes..

"longtimefan" wrote:

Absolutely wrong.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

So wrong, case and point - Schefter about the "Schism" which was clearly BS. Because they did an anonymous poll of the the big players on the team and not a single one of them said anything about anything against Favre. Most of them even came out of publically and called out the teammates that said there was a Schism. As far as I can tell, Schefter is still one of the top 3 analysts on the biggest sports network on the planet after that BS story. His source was like Jackson or Sage, how can you print a story without confirming it with Peterson, Hutchinson, Williams, Allen ,etc.

Then Ed Werder last year too, he's still at ESPN.

In this day and age, you can say or do whatever you want because of "team officials within the organization". And no one can ever prove you were wrong because the team officials "want to remain anonymous because the news is not public yet".

"Formo" wrote:

I never said OVER I said down tubes..

I personally know myself and others included that do not trust Adam because of that story

You guys are so hell bent on believing everything coming out of the Favre camp everyone else is wrong

Will reporters lie for a story or twist truth? yup I know they do...

But just cuz a "source" is not named its a lie?

Look you dont believe Brett sent any texts, I think he did..

Have a good day

"longtimefan" wrote:

So what if he did send texts? It's not like he texted the media with this news. It was to a teammate if at all and we got second hand information that Favre never intended to come out. I don't believe he was trying to make this a public thing for attention in the media.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Gravedigga
13 years ago

Maybe this thread should just be locked?

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Why? Nothing better to talk about...........or we'd be talking about it
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Oh c'mon you babies. Brett did send the texts because he needed to hear and feel the love from the team and players. So what.

Next...
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
13 years ago

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Absolutely wrong.

"longtimefan" wrote:

So wrong, case and point - Schefter about the "Schism" which was clearly BS. Because they did an anonymous poll of the the big players on the team and not a single one of them said anything about anything against Favre. Most of them even came out of publically and called out the teammates that said there was a Schism. As far as I can tell, Schefter is still one of the top 3 analysts on the biggest sports network on the planet after that BS story. His source was like Jackson or Sage, how can you print a story without confirming it with Peterson, Hutchinson, Williams, Allen ,etc.

In this day and age, you can say or do whatever you want because of "team officials within the organization". And no one can ever prove you were wrong because the team officials "want to remain anonymous because the news is not public yet".

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I personally know myself and others included that do not trust Adam because of that story

You guys are so hell bent on believing everything coming out of the Favre camp everyone else is wrong

Have a good day

"Formo" wrote:

So what if he did send texts? It's not like he texted the media with this news. It was to a teammate if at all and we got second hand information that Favre never intended to come out. I don't believe he was trying to make this a public thing for attention in the media.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Think BIGGER picture...

If he did sent out the text but is telling media he didnt, thats a lie..

Now if he is lying about the texts to cover himself for what ever reason, isnt it VERY possible he would lie about "other BIGGER things" to cover himself?

Now make since?

This guy has so many occurrences happen to him that he is lying about or he isnt lying about...

His camp is very very smart and they know when to release something and when not to...They know who to release it to and who not to release it to.

They can twist things around to make it look like Brett isnt to blame..

I wouldnt put it past them where Bus sent the texts for Brett, that way Brett can say he didnt send them
Gravedigga
13 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

Absolutely wrong.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

"longtimefan" wrote:

Have a good day

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

Think BIGGER picture...

Now if he is lying about the texts to cover himself for what ever reason, isnt it VERY possible he would lie about "other BIGGER things" to cover himself?

Now make since?

This guy has so many occurrences happen to him that he is lying about or he isnt lying about...

His camp is very very smart and they know when to release something and when not to...They know who to release it to and who not to release it to.

I wouldnt put it past them where Bus sent the texts for Brett, that way Brett can say he didnt send them

"longtimefan" wrote:

In the end, what does it really prove? That he doesnt feel the need to let the media or fans in on his every move? Is that what it proves? If so, who cares?

So long as he sweeps the Packers again, all is good.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
longtimefan
13 years ago

Think BIGGER picture...

Now make since?

"Gravedigga" wrote:

In the end, what does it really prove? That he doesnt feel the need to let the media or fans in on his every move? Is that what it proves? If so, who cares?

So long as he sweeps the Packers again, all is good.

"longtimefan" wrote:

LOL you cant be this clueless?

In case you are..

If by chance he is lying about a little thing like a text, couldnt it very well be plausible he lied during the whole GB drama to make him self look good?