RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

If he did say I am retiring in the texts then is lying to cover it up then that is an issue..

"dhpackr" wrote:

for whom is it an issue?? you??? no one else seems to care!!

As stated if he can lie about something as little as a text chances are he can lie about bigger things. The GB drama?

"longtimefan" wrote:

What GB Drama??
Once again, as it has been pointed out by members of this very forum, Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy wanted to move on with A-Rod.

He was a 1st round pick, his contract was about to expire, and they(Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy) wanted to see if this kid could play, so they(Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy) did not try to keep brett, instead just let him go.

but not entirely, Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy did their best to keep brett from playing in the NFC North, but it did not work out.

again, do not see how brett's private message to a friend is any of our business.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Stop it, don't you know Brett Favre is the most evil person in the world and TT/MM are angels living among the human race?

Both are who they are. Both sides would do anything to discredit the other side, thats life. Move on, both have to gain from lying or whatever about the 2008 off season. BIG SURPRISE.

I still don't understand how if this text happened or didn't proves anything at all - which we still don't know if it did or didn't. If this is your evidence that Favre was a big fat liar about the 2008 off season and TT/MM are angels, I don't know what to tell you.
blank
Gravedigga
13 years ago
I heard Favre told Deanna that he was gonna take out the garbage but he didn't . She woke up the next day and wouldn't you know it, the garbage was still right there, in the kitchen as it was the night before. Now, some people might not think it's a big deal but the rest of us know better. He is such a liar and it proves that he could have been lying about the 2008 Drama with the Packers. Just saying, it's possible.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

LTF's argument is unimpeachable, Gravedigga. If he lied about this, he certainly could have lied before.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

This is like a classic LSAT question or something (if A is like B, and B is like C....). I don't understand the logic that his argument is unimpeachable.

1) You don't even know what the text messages said (if they even happened).

2) You don't know someone's motivation for lying even if he did. May be the Vikings told him to because they didn't want an even bigger circus and he said "ok fine, I don't care".

Etc.

That's like saying if Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy lied at some point in their life about something, then they were lying about everything in the 2008 off season. If someone really thinks that Favre possibly hiding text messages to teammates somehow proves that Favre probably lied in the 2008 off season, I don't know what to tell you. It's a bit of a stretch.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I think some people on this board need to do some reading about the subjunctive mood .

Words like "would," "could" . . . we're talking about hypothetical scenarios here, people, not facts!
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

You still dont get it?

If he did say I am retiring in the texts then is lying to cover it up then that is an issue..

"longtimefan" wrote:

The only people making this an issue are people that hate Brett Favre. Everyone that just wants him to go out and entertain us football fans (yes I said it, I am also a football fan in addition to being a Packers fan - OMG!).

But I will continue to defend him because the hate on Favre gets extremly irrational at points. Some stuff is legit, yeah that throw against the Giants in 2008 was horrible in OT - stuff the opposite of legends. But a lot of stuff is just plain irrational hate for no reason.
blank
bozz_2006
13 years ago

That stuff is all public. Just like Twitter. Just like Facebook. Should it be private? Probably. But it isn't. And your texts and my texts are no more private than Brett's.

"dhpackr" wrote:

naw, just do not agree with that thought process. There is a difference between posting on your wall and sending a PRIVATE TEXT 2 someone.

in your opinion, are all our cell phone conversations open to the public also?

"bozz_2006" wrote:

See, thats my point. Yes i think Facebook should be public. No, i dont think texts should be public. No, i dont think phone calls should be public. But just because i THINK they should be private doesn't make it so. Teresa nothing that makes them private. I mean, there's no firewall or encryption on them. If someone is motivated to make them public, they can. Just because we perceive a sense of privacy doesn't make it a reality.
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

I think some people on this board need to do some reading about the subjunctive mood .

Words like "would," "could" . . . we're talking about hypothetical scenarios here, people, not facts!

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

You can use fancy words, it still doesn't change the logic. The theory that IF Favre lied about sending private text messages to his teammates (without knowing the motivation or reason behind lying) somehow leads to the conclusion or contributes to the conclusion that he probably lied about the 2008 Off Season is illogical. It does not flow no matter if your in a "subjunctive mood" or drunk.

IF TT/MM lie about something next year (e.g., whether a particular player is injured or not) does that mean that the same could be said about them and the 2008 off season, is that theory impeachable?
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Because you're setting up a neat little strawman and then knocking him down and acting like you've won the argument.

No one here is saying that because Favre has lied before, he must necessarily be lying now. Or that he must have lied about this thing or that thing. We're saying he COULD HAVE LIED.

Anything is possible. We're not making judgments as to probability here. And we're definitely not discussing certainties.
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
Anyone is capable of lying about anything (including TT/MM), so thats not the theory. The theory must be that Favre is more likely to have lied about 2008 because of what he said about these texts in 2010.

I just think if LT is on this mission to discredit Favre about this texts in order to lead into something about the 2008 off season, I think that has many holes. You don't know people's motivations, thats my whole point. What if Favre was told by his Coach to not mention the texts, is that still mean you can draw something about 2008?

The reverse to all this is that TT/MM are less likely to lie about 2008 because they didn't lie about these text messages. I just don't get it, I think its all a bit of a stretch.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

The theory must be

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Your saying it's so doesn't make it so.
UserPostedImage