longtimefan
15 years ago
I say either no one knows Brett called AR, or since Aaron Rodgers is PLAYING with the injury why bother calling him?
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago
Either Brett is nowhere near the guy I think he is, or he's called Aaron and offered encouragement -- likely more than once. For obvious reasons, I doubt either one of them would talk about it, but I can't imagine he hasn't done so.

This is only news because the only guy ESPN loves to butt-kiss more than Brett is Romo -- they've been through the whole "Romo is the second coming of Favre" thing so many times I can't count all of them.

Brett's had nothing but good things to say about Aaron when asked, and made a point of saying he had no problems with Aaron succeeding him. They also (at least reportedly) had a good relationship while he was in GB -- I would bet he's been in near-constant contact w/ Aaron since the season started.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago
I prefer to think that Brett knows Aaron makeup and character.. thus not much encouragement is needed, but I will almost guarantee that Brett and Aaron have talked.

Plus, if Brett or Aaron made public they are speaking.. can you imagine the media spin on that.. holy smokes.

Tony is mister media.. with a very famous gf.. what better way to get his name in the media for the 10,000 time this month.. or Brett's...
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I have some of the call. I'll post a bit of it...........

Brett Favre: Hey Tony.
TR: Hey Brett!
Brett Favre: Heard ya broke yur pinkie.
TR: Yup....hurts like heck!
Brett Favre: Damn.....yur a WUSSIE!!!
TR: What???
Brett Favre: WUSSIE! Whatsa matter Tony.......can't raise yur pinkie when ya drink yur tea now?
TR: Brett.....I never expected that from you!!! *sniff*
Brett Favre: What? Yur gonna start cryin' on me too??? Damn wuss........
TR: Hey! You cried at yur "I'm retiring! I ain't got nuthin' left!" press conference! I got REAL pain! YUR the wussie!!!
Brett Favre: You take that back you Cow pokin' perv!
TR: BITE ME "Mr. Jet!"
Brett Favre: Thats low Tony......REAL low.
TR: Sorry Brett.....sorry......
Brett Favre: But yur STILL a WUSSIE!!!
TR: Yeah? How many times did ya beat the Cowboys in Texas?????
Brett Favre: (HANGS UP)
TR: NOW who's the wussie????

"Cheesey" wrote:

Cheesey - That was hilarious! :lol:
+1
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
TheEngineer
15 years ago

I prefer to think that Brett knows Aaron makeup and character.. thus not much encouragement is needed, but I will almost guarantee that Brett and Aaron have talked.

Plus, if Brett or Aaron made public they are speaking.. can you imagine the media spin on that.. holy smokes.

"pack93z" wrote:

See, I don't know about that. Rodgers has said that he hasn't talked to Favre since he left the Packers, back during the start of the season. Have they talked since then? Maybe, but I get the feeling both players are trying to be professionally distant.
blank
Cheesey
15 years ago
Thanks Zombie!!!
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
15 years ago

By Ed Werder
ESPN.com

Updated: October 14, 2008, 3:43 PM ET

New York Jets quarterback Brett Favre, who has started an NFL-record 258 consecutive regular-season games, told ESPN he called Tony Romo to offer encouragement as the young quarterback copes with a fractured finger on his passing hand that apparently will end his streak of consecutive starts after 30 often spectacular performances.

Favre called Romo as the Dallas Cowboys quarterback was heading to an appointment with doctors.

Romo could not be reached by ESPN for comment.

Favre said he respects Romo's toughness and regards him as one of the top-five players in the entire NFL, regardless of position.

Predictably, Favre advised Romo to do everything possible to avoid the sideline, explaining how he played though the agonizing pain of a fractured thumb to maintain his streak with the Green Bay Packers.

"The only thing I said was, it's worth trying [to play] if you can deal with the pain and can function good enough with a splint,'' Favre said. "If not, don't try.''

Romo will not require surgery but is expected to miss four weeks with his injury. While quarterbacks such as Favre and Drew Bledsoe -- the quarterback Romo replaced in Dallas -- have played with broken fingers, the Cowboys explain that the pinkie is essential in gripping the ball whereas other fingers are more involved in delivering accurate passes and taking direct snaps from under center.

Favre told Romo that his thumb injury "hurt like hell, but that doesn't mean a pinkie would be any easier.''

Although there seems to be some unjustified question about Romo's toughness, Favre has no such doubts, lavishing praise on a player whose reckless style and fun-loving nature on the field has been compared to the future Hall of Famer who holds virtually every significant NFL record for quarterbacks.

"I talked to Tony about what I did to play with the thumb,'' Favre said. "Everyone is different and the two injuries are different, so only Tony knows. I will say this: Not only do I think he's tough, but I think he's also one of the top five playes in the entire league.''

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

"Packnic" wrote:

I hate this for so so many reasons.

First of all the fact that this even made it the headlines on ESPN at all. The fact that Brett didn't call his former teammate Aaron and offer advice or encouragment. The fact that Aaron outplayed Brett yet again and no mention of a side by side comparison. and the fact that Brett considers Tony Romo one of the top 5 players in the NFL ... regardless of position. Even though Romo has never won a playoff game and consistently screws his own team in the clutch.

I think i just hate ESPN most though.

Panick, How come every one of your posts are anti-Favre ?
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
dfosterf
15 years ago
RIIING, RIING... Brett Favre Enterprises, Bus Cook speaking.
Aaron: Is Brett there?
Bus Cook: Deanna, is Brett here? It's Aaron Rodgers on the phone...
Deanna: Brett, get off the phone with Brad for a minute, will ya, It's Aaron Rodgers on the phone for you.
Brett: Tell that little twerp it's not my friggin' job to hold his friggin' hand...Now listen to me Brad, I'm not comin' off my demands next year like I did last year, that'll be a FIRST name of your next born, not no stupid middle name--- Girl? well don't have a friggin' girl! But if you do, I want a Brettina... hey, I gotta go a minute, I'll call ya right back...
Brett's Brother: Aw, c'mon Brett, you could at least talk to the kid, hell, while you're on the phone with him I'll record the conversation so that me and Bus can get it on ESPN tonight.
Brett: Not now, you stupid mother!@#$%^! Don't you realize who I'm on the phone with now??!! Aw, hell with it, gimme the friggin' phone....
Brett: HAY AARON ! How's it GOIN' ! I hear you're doin' real good up there in Green Bay, sorry I forgot to tell ya about that line, I was just gettin' ready to call you about that shoulder and tell you that you need to play through that kinda pain like I do, I know you are not used to that kinda thing, but damn, if you didn't learn anything else after I spent all that time mentoring you it's that you gotta play through that kinda....what's that? You did play?... shit, I didn't know... (cups hand over mouthpiece) Who the hell got me involved in this stupid conversation with this snot-nosed punk?
Aaron: (smiles) (quietly)
longtimefan
15 years ago

I have some of the call. I'll post a bit of it...........

Brett Favre: Hey Tony.
TR: Hey Brett!
Brett Favre: Heard ya broke yur pinkie.
TR: Yup....hurts like heck!
Brett Favre: Damn.....yur a WUSSIE!!!
TR: What???
Brett Favre: WUSSIE! Whatsa matter Tony.......can't raise yur pinkie when ya drink yur tea now?
TR: Brett.....I never expected that from you!!! *sniff*
Brett Favre: What? Yur gonna start cryin' on me too??? Damn wuss........
TR: Hey! You cried at yur "I'm retiring! I ain't got nuthin' left!" press conference! I got REAL pain! YUR the wussie!!!
Brett Favre: You take that back you Cow pokin' perv!
TR: BITE ME "Mr. Jet!"
Brett Favre: Thats low Tony......REAL low.
TR: Sorry Brett.....sorry......
Brett Favre: But yur STILL a WUSSIE!!!
TR: Yeah? How many times did ya beat the Cowboys in Texas?????
Brett Favre: (HANGS UP)
TR: NOW who's the wussie????

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Cheesey - That was hilarious! :lol:
+1

"Cheesey" wrote:

From another forum

Here's how Favre's call to Romo really went.

Phone rings. Jessica Simpson answers.

Simpson: Hello?

Favre: Hey Jess, it's Brett. Can I talk to Tony?

Simpson: Schnookie, Brett Favre's on the phone.

Romo takes the phone.

Romo: Hey Brett, how's things?

Favre: P#ssy. (click)

Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.