RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

If he has to be begged into coming back (which seems it's what his ego needs) then he's just playing games with the (insert which team name he's jerking around at the moment) and should walk away with at least a LITTLE dignity.
If that's even possible at this point.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Wow, bitter much. Dignity? Seriously. "If he has to be begged into coming back". Do you know if Favre called up the Vikings and said come beg me or whatever. The Vikings are grown men, they chose to beg like little b's, how is that somehow speak to Favre's "dignity".
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

Wow, bitter much.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I can't wait till the snide little " . . . much?" fad dies out. It's bad enough when adolescent girls say it. It drives me nuts when grown men use it.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

If he has to be begged into coming back (which seems it's what his ego needs) then he's just playing games with the (insert which team name he's jerking around at the moment) and should walk away with at least a LITTLE dignity.
If that's even possible at this point.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Wow, bitter much. Dignity? Seriously. "If he has to be begged into coming back". Do you know if Favre called up the Vikings and said come beg me or whatever. The Vikings are grown men, they chose to beg like little b's, how is that somehow speak to Favre's "dignity".

"Cheesey" wrote:

So for me to be presumptuous enough to talk a grown man into making a life-changing decision that he's already made is wrong

"Ted Thompson" wrote:

UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
I really think Packers fans think all this stuff is a lot bigger deal than it is. I know everyone "doesn't care about Favre anymore and they just like the entertainment factor" but we really need to stop being so bitter about it. It's so summer 2009.

He embarassed the Vikings, OMG! Run for the hills. Who cares, no one will care in 2 weeks. T-Jack sucks, I know its hard to accept but Favre is still one of the top 5 QBs in the league easily. At the end of the day, the Vikings just became better. Thats it, I would love to hear the argument that they didn't. They are a better team today than they were yesterday.

I would think as "true" Packers fans (whatever that means on here), you would be really p'd off today because the Packers will have a tougher road to win the North and not happy about the Vikings being embarassed or whatever.
blank
13 years ago
I'm a little surprised that he was swaying towards retirement and they convinced him to come back... OVERNIGHT. Isn't that mainly a personal and family decision? What reason could they have provided to convince him to return, other than he felt he owed it to them or felt bad for them? Those are great motivating factors right there. /sarcasm
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Why be pissed off?

If you want to be the best.. you need to beat the best.. and absolutely the road just got harder officially.. but to me, it just adds to the season.

Hardly bitter.. yes it is entertaining how Brett brow beat the Vikes.. but if they are okay with it.. so be it.

Now.. why are you so bitter than some of us see entertainment in this all?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

I would think as "true" Packers fans (whatever that means on here), you would be really p'd off today because the Packers will have a tougher road to win the North and not happy about the Vikings being embarassed or whatever.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Uh, no. I (and others) have said repeatedly that I'm tired of having a pushover division and I want to see it get more challenging. For years, the Packers padded their division trophy case with pansy rivals, only to get slaughtered in the playoffs. I want to see an exciting division again. I want to see races that go down to the wire. I want to be proud of the Packers for winning their division. I don't want it to be a matter of course. I certainly don't want it to be easy.
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago

Wow, bitter much.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I can't wait till the snide little " . . . much?" fad dies out. It's bad enough when adolescent girls say it. It drives me nuts when grown men use it.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I can't wait until till grown men stop acting like scorned lovers and stop taking every chance (whether rational or not) to attack a 40 year old man because he decided (or undecided) that he wants to play professional football.

It's bad enough watching a 15 year old girl be irrational because her boyfriend broke up with her. It drives me nuts when...
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I actually see very few people on this site acting like that. I certainly don't. I have no emotional attachment to him one way or the other. Brett Favre is a professional football player. He's selling a service. He can play for whomever is willing to pay for his services. To label him a "traitor" for selling himself out to the highest bidder is foolish.

I'm just happy that when he left, we had a quarterback waiting in the wings whom I trusted more and who lived up to that trust admirably.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
I can't wait for the freaking day when we can openly discuss Favre without lines being drawn and people haggling endlessly over it.

This is the only reason I hope the guy retires... to end this bullshit and replace it with some other polarizing issue to divide Packer nation.

We might have been a sorry ass team in the 70's and more than not in the 80's.. but at least we didn't become a fractured fan base. Since the Superbowl there seems always to be a polarizing yet fanbase splitting issue..

Time to replace the Favre one.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"