flep
  • flep
  • Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
PackersHome name: Flep
Real name (first only): Phil
Current City: Wirral UK (Near Liverpool)
Hometown: Born in Liverpool 1961

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I use Flep on all forums I post on. It comes from how British Telecom showed my name in the telephone directory many Years ago. Instead of showing just my initial P they had me down as Phlp. My daughter Chrissie said why are you down as phlep in there so I called myself flep on the first site I joined (Yesfans.com) and it has stuck ever since

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

Born Liverpool 1961 moved to Market Harborough whe was 6 months and grew up in my school years in Bedfordshire and Lancashire before moving to the Wirral when I was 10. Married to Carol for 28 years in October, Have 2 children daughter Chrissie (who is married with a son Zakary and another on the way) and son Lee who has just got engaged and is gtting married next June

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

Was not very good at sports in school, try most sports but am average at best........However in 1986 a friend Dave got an american football and we started throwing it around for fun with a few mates. He said one day fancy forming a team? We formed the Merseyside Nighthawks and in 1992 were British Champions. The team to my immense pride and joy is still playing to this day (next year is it's 25th anniversary) and has as it's offensive line coach Johnny Mitchell who was the Jets 1st round draft pick in 93.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Just the growing up and long summer days just playing around with friends. It seems these days that has been lost and teens don't seem to enjoy life as we did.

5) What was your first job?

Ticket cerk for British Rail

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

Channel 4 in the UK started showing 1 week delayed highlights of the NFL in 1982 and showed superbowl 17 live, The first ever shown live in the UK. The following season I decided to pick a team from one of the weeks games being shown. That week it was the Packers v Redskins. As the skins were reigning champions I decided I didn't want to be a bandwagon jumper and picked the Packers. I've never looked back or regretted my decision. Even through the inglorious 8 - 8 years under Gregg.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

I remember many years ago before live games being shown on TV, tuning in to Armed forces radio europe on a thanksgiving day when the Pack played at the Lions. We were losing 40 - 37 (forgive me if the score is wrong) and the Lions had to punt. Walter Stanley received the punt at his own 13 and reteurned it 87 yards for the TD and game winning score. I wa in work at the time and was jumping up and down screaming for all I was worth. Magical memories

8 ) How did you find the PackersHome and what keeps you active on the site?

I was a member on some other site (whatever that was called) and came back from a holiday in Spain and the site had changed beyond all recognition. I checked my e-mail n box and there was an e-mail inviting me here. I checked it out and have been a member here since that day and never looked at the site that cannot be named since. To be honest I can't even remember it's name.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

Everton (I'm a rabid bluenose - detest Livepool with every fibre of my being). I follow after a fashion the Brewers but at distance, Checking on scores when I remember. I love NASCAR and follow Travis Kvapil ( from Wisconsin). I'm a member on his forum as Flep. TK posts often as well, Not menay members but nice and intimate.

10) When youre not on PackersHome what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

On the net on Yesfans, TK's site. Watching TV.

Being with family. Beig a grandad changes your outlook on life completely.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

Being on the sideline on a gameday. Just listening to the players and coaches interacting to get the true feel of how a game swings.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

None. I've not even been to the States either. It is my dream to one day make it to Lambeau. I think I would break down in floods of tears the day I finally make it there.

13) What is your worst fear?

Not looking forward in the slightest to my last breath.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Internet, country walks.

15) Whats your favorite food?

I love a good steak

16) Where are some of the places youve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Travelled over most of the UK. Edinburgh is lovely. Europe Been to France, Spain, Holland and Austria. Love Paris but absolutely adore Barcelona.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Go to Lambeau. Simple

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Green Bay - Just to be part of th place would be wonderful.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

Ray Nitshke
Don Hutson
Brett Favre
Randy Wright
Sterling Sharpe

Randy Wright??????????????

I was born on eactly the same day as him anuary 12th 1962.

20) Up to now, what is your favorite PackersHome memory or feature?

Gameday baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21) PM and post the next person to be interviewed. I;ll let Zero decide

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Thanks for stepping in and was good to get to know you.

Randy Wright? That name I haven't heard in a while, and it's usually with our heads bowed down. I was a big Lynn Dickey fan so that may be why for me.

Heh, a lot of us came over from That Site That Should Not Be Mentioned. It was weird how it all happened.

As for teenagers not having fun, same there too, huh? The teens here are miserable. And boring. Geez, get out of the house, turn off the Nofriendo, and do something.

I haven't been to Lambeau either so don't feel so bad. You got a legitimate excuse. I don't exactly need a passport to go there.

Too cool about the Nighthawks. You'll have to do a write up some day on what it was like to be one.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
13 years ago
Haw your on the blue half of Merseyside! Marouane Fellaini = Nick Barnett in disguise?

Good to read up on you though. I'm with Zombie on the Nighthawks gigs, would love a detailed play by play on your experiences.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
flep
  • flep
  • Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Thanks

I'll put all my Nighthawk memories down soon. Great days

Regrets. None

Injuries - a lot

Broke right foot metatarsel
Broken Ribs
Broken left wrist

British Championship - priceless
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
dfosterf
13 years ago
Good stuff, Phil.

I take some (ever-so-slight) exception to the idea that you didn't "jump on the bandwagon"

We won that game.

Lynn Dickey toasted those GD foreskins and Mosely missed at the end!

:thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

+1 for the great interview
4PackGirl
13 years ago
thanks for sharing some of your life with us, flep. you've had quite an interesting life!! great getting to know you better.
Cheesey
13 years ago
Phil, i DO hope you get over here to Lambeau some day! If you ever do, i hope i will be able to meet you there!
The first time i actually saw the stadium, i darn near drove into the car in front of me! LOL!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.