Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zombieslayer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:55:22 PM(UTC)
I just started playing fantasy football this year and Finley has become one of my favorite players. I got Gates as my TE, but I wanted to trade Finley for him.

This is the thing. So far this year, Gates is beating Finley because on short yardage situations, Rodgers either runs it in himself, gives it to Kuhn, or looks for Driver. So Finley has 0 TDs. Gates has 4.

Finley racks up yards but I fear he'll finish with only 4 or 5 TDs this year while Gates will have 10.

Tell me why or why I shouldn't make that trade.
Thanks in advance.
djcubez  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 12:32:19 AM(UTC)
You're talking about trading a top 3 TE for another top 3 TE lol. There's really not much of a difference between them as far as I can tell. Both will get lots of opportunities to put up points.
doddpower  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 1:12:07 PM(UTC)
Gates will be the better fantasy player this year, especially with the absence of Vincent Jackson. I guess it just depends on if you want one of your favorite players or if you want the best player.
zombieslayer  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 6:46:02 PM(UTC)
Thanks. You talked me out of it, although I'd have no problem with Finley slaughtering Gates and me losing out. Packers winning is more important than me winning fantasy.
doddpower  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 8:03:47 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Thanks. You talked me out of it, although I'd have no problem with Finley slaughtering Gates and me losing out. Packers winning is more important than me winning fantasy.

Yeah, that's just one of the personal decisions one has to make when playing fantasy. Do they want to have a team with their favorite players or a team that has the best fantasy players. I can see it both ways. Sure, having a team with your favorite players may not be the best idea to win but it makes the wins SOO much sweeter when you get them and makes the games more fun.

I generally play to win. However, last season in a little side league I had all packers with the exception of the 2nd RB position. Rodgers, Driver, Jennings, Finley, Defense, Grant, Lee, etc. and I ended up winning the league!! It was pretty much a joke league but it was still cool!
Packers_Finland  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 8:13:54 PM(UTC)
I played in a homer league once... (in a homer league you're only allowed to pick players from a single team). I got my ass beat, I think it was 07 or 08 with the Packers. The bye weeks are pretty nasty.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (22h) : When the what I want is the end goal anyway?
Zero2Cool (22h) : Why spend 160 hours getting a new version vs spending 320 building exactly what I want?
Zero2Cool (22h) : Nah gbguy, your concerns were easy to fix, and part of the end plan. The steps getting there were too much.
gbguy20 (15-Jul) : nevermind I see your thread
gbguy20 (15-Jul) : i am very happy with the current version though, like cheesey said.
gbguy20 (15-Jul) : hoping i didn't discourage you or kill your excitement of the update idea, kevin. certainly not my intention.
KRK (14-Jul) : Z, helluva tennis match...maybe the best ever
Cheesey (14-Jul) : Well,I can’t say I’m upset. I like it the way it is.(yes im old and hate change!) LOL!
Zero2Cool (14-Jul) : Crazy ass Tennis match there
Zero2Cool (14-Jul) : Update of PH is nixed. not doing it.
beast (14-Jul) : Mark Murphy promoted (my) 17 games season proposal! (Read the "Packers president has the perfect proposal tread)
Cheesey (13-Jul) : Who is he? Sorry, I really don’t know.
Nonstopdrivel (13-Jul) : Adam Czech dies of colon cancer.
gbguy20 (13-Jul) : woops
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : Only wanted you folks to check the CHAT lol
Zero2Cool (13-Jul) : Yes, the layout and theme is AWFUL.
gbguy20 (13-Jul) : ng, thus allowing everything to fit properly. im assuming that isn't as easy as it sounds.
gbguy20 (13-Jul) : ng, thus allowing everything to fit properly. im assuming that isn't as easy as it sounds.
gbguy20 (13-Jul) : may or may not be a really quick experiment. but, everything on packerpeople.com is huge, and super spaced out. if it is possible to reduce the overall forum font size that might also change the spaci
Zero2Cool (12-Jul) : gbguy, it's far from done yet, i just don't know your specific pain point. I know subforums need moved.
Porforis (12-Jul) : Not to be an enabler, but why would you want to break it?
gbguy20 (12-Jul) : it might help me break my packers reading addiction though. so maybe its a good thing.
gbguy20 (12-Jul) : i know it sounds dumb, maybe its a different experience on your device. but on my 2 devices its different enough where it is very unuserfriendly
Zero2Cool (12-Jul) : I'll have to look into that gbguy and make it gooder.
Cheesey (12-Jul) : Yup gbguy. Not everyone has money to spend on “extras”. I know exactly what you mean.
gbguy20 (12-Jul) : nsd. because I don't have extra spending money and I can't justify paying even $50 when I currently have a working phone that for the most part does the job
gbguy20 (12-Jul) : nsd
gbguy20 (12-Jul) : it's horribly different kevin. on this forum i get to where i want to be in 1 click and no scrolling. on that forum there is a lot of leg work to get to anything relevant.
Nonstopdrivel (12-Jul) : You can buy a great phone for a couple hundred bucks these days. Why are you clinging to such an outdated phone?
Zero2Cool (12-Jul) : How? it is not much different lol
gbguy20 (12-Jul) : took me 20 minutes to navigate that forum to test it but yes it works on that version.
Zero2Cool (11-Jul) : same thing happen on packerpeople.com?
gbguy20 (11-Jul) : yes
Zero2Cool (11-Jul) : On PackersHome?
gbguy20 (11-Jul) : probably just an issue for me on my worthless phone. but it used to work.
gbguy20 (11-Jul) : probably just an issue for me on my worthless phone. but it used to work.
gbguy20 (11-Jul) : quick reply button still doesn't work.
gbguy20 (9-Jul) : hrrrrrgggghhghgg
Zero2Cool (9-Jul) : Football career over, Kendrick Norton’s family seeks financial support via GoFundMe page
Zero2Cool (9-Jul) : But, you could collapse sub forums to reduce scrolling.
Zero2Cool (9-Jul) : Only chat is ready for viewing. Haven't themed it yet.
gbguy20 (9-Jul) : checked it out. still have to scroll forever to get to an active thread. why is everything so spaced out?
Zero2Cool (8-Jul) : checkout packerpeople.com chat
Zero2Cool (8-Jul) : You can do it!
Zero2Cool (7-Jul) : USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!
Nonstopdrivel (7-Jul) : Carli Lloyd lives in Mount Laurel, just a few minutes from my house.
wpr (7-Jul) : USA Women 4x world cup champs
gbguy20 (6-Jul) : Lakers loading up
gbguy20 (6-Jul) : what
Nonstopdrivel (6-Jul) : I don't know about you, Porforis, but I ship Janis and Nelson.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2019 Packers Schedule
Thursday, Sep 5 @ 7:20 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
BRONCOS
Thursday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Cowboys