15 years ago

Say what you want about the quality of the Titan's opponents so far this year, but holding opposing offenses to 12.4 points per game is just sick.

"Since69" wrote:

Regarding that, I looked at my Power Rankings table to see how Tennessee's defense is doing relative to their opponents' average scoring offense. This also takes into consideration -7 points for defensive touchdowns, since it wipes a TD off the scoreboard, for all intents and purposes.

Tennessee yields on average -4.9 points per game compared to the average of their opponents' offenses. That is 5th in the league, behind Tampa Bay (-10.3), Carolina (-6.9), Pittsburgh (-5.6), and Baltimore (-5.5). That means that they are good, but not far and away the best. Tampa Bay, on the other hand, appears to be SICK.

Green Bay gives up -1.4 points, 13th in the league.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

Say what you want about the quality of the Titan's opponents so far this year, but holding opposing offenses to 12.4 points per game is just sick.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Regarding that, I looked at my Power Rankings table to see how Tennessee's defense is doing relative to their opponents' average scoring offense. This also takes into consideration -7 points for defensive touchdowns, since it wipes a TD off the scoreboard, for all intents and purposes.

Tennessee yields on average -4.9 points per game compared to the average of their opponents' offenses. That is 5th in the league, behind Tampa Bay (-10.3), Carolina (-6.9), Pittsburgh (-5.6), and Baltimore (-5.5). That means that they are good, but not far and away the best.

Green Bay gives up -1.4 points.

"Since69" wrote:

One year the Green Bay Packers held their opponents to 1.69 points per game. We had a hell of a coach, guy by the name of Curly Lambeau.
Since69
15 years ago
Interesting slant, MassPackersFan. I like it. All the more good news for us. I think we walk away winners on Sunday.
UserPostedImage
15 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

Tennessee yields on average -4.9 points per game compared to the average of their opponents' offenses. That is 5th in the league, behind Tampa Bay (-10.3), Carolina (-6.9), Pittsburgh (-5.6), and Baltimore (-5.5). That means that they are good, but not far and away the best.

Green Bay gives up -1.4 points.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

One year the Green Bay Packers held their opponents to 1.69 points per game. We had a hell of a coach, guy by the name of Curly Lambeau.

"Since69" wrote:

Who? 😉 That's a great stat, and a ridiculous number. Nothing remotely close to it will ever be seen again.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
I think we need to slow down their run game ( we won't stop it) and i seen people say if they have to throw the ball we have them in our hands but we don't. Sure we can lock up their Wr's but they don't use them that much we need to lock up the Tight ends and running backs. Those are those main receivers. I watched the game Monday night just to see the Titans and they throw the short passes,( if i remember right they didn't attempt one pass over 20 yards) so the key to this game is stopping the short passing game. We will be close but I'm thinking Rodgers will have a tough day against the chain gang. I say 17-14 on a late field goal for the Titans and thats because they are at home. Btw they have come from behind twice this year or 3 times if you classify taking the lead with under 3 minutes when tied. Its going to be a tough game i hope we come out of this healthy.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
warhawk
15 years ago
You can spit out all the stats you want but what is most important here is the Pack is coming in rested and healthy and the Titans are going to find it harder and harder to grab the intensity they need to win week in and week out.

Regardless of how good or bad the teams the Titans have faced are they have not been in this spot before coming off a big win in total control of the division on a short week.

I do think that the Titans numbers have benefitted by a schedule that includes several teams that have a hard time scoring against anybody really when you look at the Bengals, Baltimore, KC, who are all at or near the very bottom in points scored along with Indy and and Jax who have fallen way below expectations so far.

Aside from numbers when you throw the human factor into it there is a distinct advantage for us. All that's left is taking advantage of it and playing a good football game.

From that angle this is exactly where you see teams on a roll get a haircut.
"The train is leaving the station."
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
I fear their front four. Like the Giants in the playoffs last year, I think the Titans right now have dominant line play. It comes from great team building over the course of recent years. It has all come together.

We have, depending on how you look at it, an advantage or disadvantage, of being viewed as an upstart team with a core list of guys that have been here for a while, but a mentality of staying young and hungry. The way we win this game is the same as any team really wins in the NFL so I will skip the redundancy. I will say though that my key this week is stopping the Titans running game. I have confidence that our style of defense will be a frustration for Tennessee going into this game in terms of their passing game, so we need to be sure we are effective holding their running game in check and not letting them get first downs on the ground consistently.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
In the first post you will find a preview of the game. Watch it!! Or I fight you with a poop!
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

In the first post you will find a preview of the game. Watch it!! Or I fight you with a poop!

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

+1 to oh too for the video.

Please, O' Lord, in your most divine providence, render unto our offensive line the ability to protect our recently extended Quarterback, and verily I say unto you remind the Tennessee Titans that thou shalt' not kill. :icon_smile:
CDNRodgersfan
15 years ago
I think the Titans basically wrapping up their division leaves them prone to a letdown. The only worry is I believe Jeff Fisher is the kind of coach to maybe not allow this
Fan Shout
dfosterf (59m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.