dingus
15 years ago

I'm patiently waiting for the idiotic comments of a certain Packer haters... blaming this on Ted Thompson and Aaron Rodgers.

I think you all know what posters I am talking about...

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

Your wait will be short-lived, it's going on in most of the other threads.
blank
dingus
15 years ago

I'm frustrated. Our D did ok, but once again got NO pressure on the QB. Seems Collins had all day to throw, while Rodgers was running for his life every time he dropped back to pass.
Our D had a chance to be heroes......but they blew it.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Our D gave up nearly 180 yards rushing and I don't understand Sanders decision to go into the nickle prevent defense in O.T.
Still, holding the Titans to 19 points should have been good enough to get us a win since we had over 400 yards of total offense.

"yooperfan" wrote:

I know.......our O just couldn't get a TD to save their lives. We moved the ball, but stalled everytime but once when we got in close. A waste of a chance to stay even with the Bears.

"Cheesey" wrote:

That's what I hated about the match ups this weekend, but the bears get the Titans next week and we get to go for the sweep over the queens!
blank
TheEngineer
15 years ago
I didn't see the game, but the highlights suggested:

Rodgers did pretty well, other than the interception then fumble. Otherwise he performed solidly.

Grant ground it out again, nothing spectacular.

Defense moved backwards after the last three games.

That about right?
blank
15 years ago
Defense was playing much tougher, I thought. No turnovers was the only setback from previous games. Otherwise they played a good game.

On a side note, Al Harris seems really susceptible to the back shoulder pass. We're lucky they didn't complete about 3 of those today.
UserPostedImage
porky88
15 years ago
It was one of those games that both teams deserved to win. I thought the Packers played real well considering their opponent. They certainly were a worthy opponent for Tennessee and that's saying a lot.

With that said, GB needs to win the next two games IMO.
Roddyboy
15 years ago

I was really thinking that this would be A-Rod's first chance to out our team on his shoulders and single-handedly will our team to a victory.

Unfortunately, our defense never gave him a chance. It's just a real shame because we played good defense the entire game except for the last 2 minutes.

Sigh.. (looking forward to crushing the Queens next weekend)

"millertime" wrote:

He's not that kind of QB....

He's a game manager.

The guy who would do what you described was locked out of the Packer Locker room by TT.

That's the price you pay for that decision.....
blank
porky88
15 years ago

I was really thinking that this would be A-Rod's first chance to out our team on his shoulders and single-handedly will our team to a victory.

Unfortunately, our defense never gave him a chance. It's just a real shame because we played good defense the entire game except for the last 2 minutes.

Sigh.. (looking forward to crushing the Queens next weekend)

"Roddyboy" wrote:

He's not that kind of QB....

He's a game manager.

The guy who would do what you described was locked out of the Packer Locker room by Ted Thompson.

That's the price you pay for that decision.....

"millertime" wrote:

The word game manger isn't how I would exactly describe Aaron Rodgers.

Yes, Rodgers is at his best when he's only allowed to manage the game, but then again so is every QB in the entire league.

Kerry Collins played like a game manger today. Joe Flacco is a game manager. Trent Edwards is another one.

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to throw for 3,800 yards and 26 touchdowns.

Those are not the statistics a "game manger" puts up.

I would like for Rodgers to be a game manger because it means the team is better in other areas, but the fact is the team is struggling in two key areas. Stopping the run and running the ball.

That's why GB is 4-4. Not because Aaron Rodgers.

The next two games define the season IMO.
Greg C.
15 years ago

I'm frustrated. Our D did ok, but once again got NO pressure on the QB. Seems Collins had all day to throw, while Rodgers was running for his life every time he dropped back to pass.
Our D had a chance to be heroes......but they blew it.

"oskarliminga" wrote:

This game exposed Bob Sanders' flaws. He continues to not blitz, which is inexcusable with Kerry Collins. The game momentum went the Packers' way when they sacked and pressured Collins in the first half. After that, no pressure.

Then, to play the nickel prevent in OT against Thunder and Lightning?! Blunder, blunder, blunder!

That decision was the game.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I thought they blitzed more than usual today, but they just didn't get to the QB fast enough. I'll have to watch the game again to be sure.
blank
Packnic
15 years ago
Aaron Rouse.
blank
beast
15 years ago
We left too many big play on the field. 10 points and 3 picks at least.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (5h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (20h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (21h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.