4PackGirl
15 years ago
i hear ya, zero. just last nite, i reminded cole & cory (now 6) that i had parent/teacher conferences on wed. nite.

cole said: why can't dan (fiance) go?

me: cause dan's staying home with you guys.

cole: but don't dads get to go to those things?

me: well yes but somebody has to stay home with you, right?

cole: but why don't dads go?

LOL. it's like talking in circles most of the time. but i was totally shocked that he called dan - "dad"!! it was a really cool moment for me. 🙂
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

i hear ya, zero. just last nite, i reminded cole & cory (now 6) that i had parent/teacher conferences on wed. nite.

LOL. it's like talking in circles most of the time. but i was totally shocked that he called dan - "dad"!! it was a really cool moment for me. :)

"4PackGirl" wrote:

4PG, your problem is solved. My wife said, "We always went together." (Not really she went to these more often than I did.) Get someone to watch the kids for an hour and the Dad Dan won't miss out on all the fun.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

LOL. it's like talking in circles most of the time. but i was totally shocked that he called dan - "dad"!! it was a really cool moment for me. :)

"wpr" wrote:

4PG, your problem is solved. My wife said, "We always went together." (Not really she went to these more often than I did.) Get someone to watch the kids for an hour and the Dad Dan won't miss out on all the fun.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

I'll go... teachers LOVE me at these conferences.

Liberal Wacked-out teacher: Well, your son does seem to have some developmental issues, possibly A.D.D., possibly at that growing stage where priorities are misplaced, we here at the school feel...yada, yada, yada........

Even More Liberal and pandering to her baby boy wife: Well, if you people paid a little more attention to my son's unique characteristics and allowed him to flourish.... yada, yada, yada...........

Hard-core asshole father (Me): You can beat him if you want. Hell, I'll beat him for you... where is that lazy little shit, anyway... he needs a nice-swift kick in the ass, RFN....

I didn't get to go to many of the parent-teacher conferences....
:icon_smile:

EDIT- I never ACTUALLY beat my kids, but all of them SWEAR to this day that I did. All five of them got a really good smack on the butt for some indiscretion pre-kindergarten, coupled with good voice, volume and enthusiasm in the send a cold-rush of shit straight to the heart of the offender department. Mom milked that whack for entire child-hoods... "Just wait until your father gets home." was standard fare in my household. :icon_smile:
4PackGirl
15 years ago

"wpr" wrote:

"4PackGirl" wrote:

hmmm...well they COULD go to dan's parents house. thanks for the idea.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
Here's one of my favorite stories,
My secretary use to be a nanny for a couple out in the DC area.
She had taken the two young children to the mall. The youngest was around a year old and sat in the stroller most of the time. The older one was about 3-3 1/2 and he had to walk.
As they were leaving the 3 year old become fussy since he was getting tired.
"Carry me."
My secretary told him that she couldn't. I think by now the baby was out of the stroller and she was holding her. The stroller was full of stuff they had bought.
The 3 yr old, who had been trudging along and dragging his feet finally falls to the ground and would not go any further. He hollers even louder, "Carry me."
My secretary/one time nanny (who is not very big herself) tells him that she can't. She has the baby and is not able to carry them both.

Now most of you know that you tend treat your OWN children a whole lot different that you treat some one else's children. If my kid were laying there fussing I would pick him up and swat his behind and tell him to march. She could not or would not do this. So she simply told him that he would have to walk after all his legs weren't broken.

Not missing a beat he started to plead once again, "Carry me. My legs are broken!"
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
15 years ago
LMAO!!! i hear stuff like that on a daily if not hourly basis from my lil guys. the two of em together? i could write a book!!!

the funniest moments have come when one tells on the other one.

cory: mommy - cole said "SHIT"!!!

me: i've told you that's not a word for little boys to say.

cory: but mommy cole said "shit" not me - i didn't say "shit" - i would never say "shit" cuz "shit" is a bad word. we should never, ever say "shit".
dfosterf
15 years ago

LMAO!!! i hear stuff like that on a daily if not hourly basis from my lil guys. the two of em together? i could write a book!!!

the funniest moments have come when one tells on the other one.

cory: mommy - cole said "SHIT"!!!

me: i've told you that's not a word for little boys to say.

cory: but mommy cole said "shit" not me - i didn't say "shit" - i would never say "shit" cuz "shit" is a bad word. we should never, ever say "shit".

"4PackGirl" wrote:

+1

OK, my dad comes home after spending two years in Pakistan. When he left, he bought a new mower. A lawn-boy self-propelled. I'm thinkin' I was in like 4th or 5th grade, Very end of summertime. Somewhere during the time of his absence, I had the bright idea that the lawnboy engine was an excellent candidate for conversion to a go-cart motor. My little project fell somewhat short of my expectations, and there were some reassembly issues. So, dad gets up to mow the grass (remember in his mind he's got a brand new mower in the garage to use). Me, well, I'm a little nervous and have mosey'd down to the street end of our very long driveway. I hear some very bad swear words coming from the garage, and watch as my father emerges from same, sees me and beckons me over... post haste... This is where I made the biggest tactical error of my lifetime. Somewhere along the line I had semi-learned the employment of the flipping of the bird, and chose this moment to display my wares. Now, I didn't have all the details down just right, as I actually gave him my ring finger instead of my middle one... Unfortunately for me my father's interpretive skills were sufficient, and it was off to the races for us. Now, I was a pretty fast kid, but that also worked to my detriment on this particular occasion. I had a girlfiend that lived seven doors down from us. As luck would have it, that would be the precise spot that my father caught up to me. Now, before I continue with the rest of this story, I gotta ask you- Who the hell barbecues in their FRONT lawn??? They did. He tore my pants off right in front of my girlfriend and her entire extended family, gave me a real nice bare-assed spanking. He had to go to D.C, that Monday, I was technically required to begin the school year on that day. I didn't go to school for a week. I was sick. :icon_smile:
longtimefan
15 years ago
see Df if that happened NOW

Parents would call the cops

We have grown way to far away from the basics principles of life I think...

When my g/f at the time now my wife, started to hang out more with her 3 girls and my son and daughter it became very apaprent that lot was wrong. She allowed her girls to say shut up, your stupid, and back talk..My kids would look at me all open mouthed

It took a while but her girls and now more apt to not say that stuff and if they do..Only takes a week off the puter to make them straighten up for a few months 😉
Cheesey
15 years ago
4pack......are you SURE your boys arn't related to me???? :thumbleft:

Dfost.........you should write a book if you have more stories like the lawnmower one!
Oh....and i wish i had a dollar for every time i heard "Just wait till your father gets home!" I learned REAL quick that that was the cut off point for my causing trouble.
I would follow my Mom's statement with "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!! I'll behave!!!" 99 and 44/100's of the time that would work, and i would be spared the spanking.
(I deserved spankings alot more then i got!!!) :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
Okay.....i never had kids......so i'll share a couple of my OWN expieriences.

When i was about 5, I would wait until my Mom was talking with people when she was shopping at the store. I would then say "When I was little, my Mom would throw plastic bags into my crib for me to play with!!!"
I don't know if i fully understood why it was wrong to throw a plastic bag into a crib, but i KNEW the resulting look of horror i got from women when i said it! After we left the store my Mom would yell at me "Don't say that!!! People will BELIEVE you!!!" Of course at which point i would start laughing! My Mom was the one that told me how i would do that to her!

Then, when i was around 9 (i actually remember doing this) my Mom and 2 of my Aunt's were sitting at the kitchen talking about my sister's "Little visitor". Thats what they called it, and one day i got tired of them thinking i was a stupid little kid. So........I piped up....."For crying out loud.....why don't you just SAY "She's got her period!!!"
You should have seen the looks on their faces!!!! PRICELESS!!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (23h) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.