RaiderPride
13 years ago
The REAL Message Brett is sending to the Green Bay Packers.

"Hey.. Ok You offered me 20 Million dollars to be the face of the team and an ambassador to the organization, when you chose to go with Aaron.

You offered me 20 Million to show up at events, shake hands, get belly to belly, face to face and kiss babies with the Packer faithful at every public event. I was only required to show up and wear the green and gold until I die.

HOWEVER... I Brett "The Fake" Favre will take 25% of that offer you presented. For FIVE Million I will be there, and sign the agreement with Mr. Murphy with a few agreements to the Five Million Dollar life time contract.

I shall not appear at any event at the same time with Aaron Rodgers. There can be no mention publicly about Aaron Rodgers at any event I am at, and no one is allowed to ask me for an autograph if they are wearing a #12 Packers Jersey.

Every event I attend must not include any person or persons under the age of 40 years old.

You must retire my jersey number next year and Aaron Rodgers must wait in the locker room and not be on the field at the time of my NUMBER 4 is honored.

You must agree that the Packers Organization will never retire Jersey Number 12.

In fact I (Brett Favre) demand that Aaron change his uniform number every year for the next 10 years or that The Packers trade him to the JETS this off season.

If all of the stated herein above are are agreed to, I shall except a lessor offer than was offered to me (Brett Favre) to be an ambassador for the Green Bay packers for the next 20 years.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
istanbulpacker
13 years ago

The greatest quarteback in Packers history.

"yooperfan" wrote:

Guess the 2 Super Bowl victories, 2 Super Bowl MVPs, and 3 more NFL Championships of one Bryan Bartlett Starr don't amount to a hill of beans.

He will go into the Hall of Fame as a Green Bay Packer and his number will be retired in Green Bay.
So get over it already!

"yooperfan" wrote:

I think it would be funny if they decide to retire his number one year, then change their mind, then come back the next year and decide to retire it again...oh, nevermind.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

What was the title of the thread, smart guy?

"yooperfan" wrote:

The fact that the thread title mentions Favre doesn't make the following statement any less hyperbolic.

The guy that took the Packers out of the dark years of the 70's and 80's.

"yooperfan" wrote:

Is it really a coincidence that the Packers didn't win a Super Bowl until after, for example, Reggie White came to town (or that they never won another one after he left)? Favre was certainly an important cog in the renaissance of the Packers, but he wasn't singlehandedly responsible for taking the Packers out of the dark ages.
UserPostedImage
istanbulpacker
13 years ago

The fact that the thread title mentions Favre doesn't make the following statement any less hyperbolic.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I considered his statement more trigonometric, though I can see your point
blank
Jacob
13 years ago
i dont mind this at all, i think the sooner everyone, brett included, makes up, the better, because we all know it's inevitable that he will be in the packers HOF, and the NFL HOF, and that he is a packer, not a jet, not a viking.
blueleopard
13 years ago
I think he deserves some credit for actually saying "Aaron" and "best" in the same sentence. Don't think he's even used both words in the same paragraph.

That's sincerity if you ask me.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Dulak
13 years ago
I do find it slightly humorous - but I do agree; we can hold onto anger and resentment or just let it go.

you know brett's anger only hurt himself and us if we let it ...

GL to the packers and let the best team win.
Cheesey
13 years ago
So.....now that he has "officially" retired (I'll believe it when he's not on the field SOMEWHERE next year) he finally has something nice to say about the team that gave him his shot to become a rich star.
Even though just 3 weeks ago he was telling a Bears player to beat the Packers.
The "Waffle King" strikes again.
NOW he loves the Packers? The guy changes his mind like the direction of the wind changes.
And that's ok with me. I don't really care. He changes what he says so much i never know WHAT to believe anymore.
Yes, he was a big part of the Packers winning ONE Super Bowl. I'll never forget that. But he lost alot of my respect with his antics. He will always be remembered fondly by me, just not with the same reverance i once had, before i knew what he really was like.
UserPostedImage
sanguine
13 years ago
I always had respect for favre untill he said to peppers to "go beat the packers".
And now he's stating the packers will win it all.
The guy doesn't know what he wants or what he's talking about.
Packer fan from Europe!
Greg C.
13 years ago

How could the Packers receiving corps be the "best ever, maybe" when it doesn't even include Randy Moss?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Maybe the brief stint of being Randy Moss' team mate has lit a bulb for him?

"Greg C." wrote:

Considering that Driver, Jennings, and Jones were all there when Brett left, I guess it was the addition of Jordy Nelson in 2008 that put them over the top.

Jordy Nelson=Randy Moss. Who woulda thunk it.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.