Zero2Cool
13 years ago
When posting a full article please do the following.

[ul]Make the thread topic, the article topic to assist in eliminating duplicate threads.

Place the article in quotes.

The link crediting the source absolutely needs to be in the contents of the original post.[/ul]

Here's a brief example.

Thread Topic: Veterans Focused On Seizing This Chance
Post Contents:
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Veterans-Focused-On-Seizing-This-Chance/da6330d1-14fb-4abd-9b0b-c36b984efca7 

Whatever it takes to deliver the message, four veteran players in the Green Bay Packers locker room plan to get the point across by Sunday afternoon.

You try to tell the young players how hard it is to get yourself in this position to go to the Super Bowl, defensive end Ryan Pickett said. Its not every year you make it this far. We have a special opportunity right now. We have a great chance to do something special.

Players like Pickett, cornerback Charles Woodson, offensive tackle Chad Clifton and receiver Donald Driver will go about stressing that in their own ways this week leading up to Sundays NFC Championship in Chicago.

Theyre the four players on the Packers roster who are in double digits in terms of years in this league, and not one has ever won a Super Bowl. A collective 46 years of experience, counting this year, and no rings. Yet.

Woodson and Pickett have come the closest. Before both came to the Packers as free agents in 2006, they had advanced to Super Bowls with their original teams. But those moments feel like ancient history to them now.

For Woodson, it was 2002 with the Raiders, who lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Super Bowl XXXVII. He got a crack at an AFC Championship two years earlier against Baltimore, and then again in 2007 with the Packers, and the 13-year pro has stated more than once his sole reason for continuing to play at age 34 is to win that elusive title.

For every player in the NFL, these are the moments that you play for, to have an opportunity, Woodson said. I've been once, and it was an incredible experience. It's been a long time ago, though, now. The thing is you never know when you'll get back. You never know if you'll get there. You never know if you'll win one. But to have the opportunity, and again, to be one of the final teams trying to get to the Super Bowl, it means a lot.

For Pickett, he reached the Super Bowl as a rookie with St. Louis in 2001, but the Rams were upset by the upstart New England Patriots. It was another six years before he got back to a conference title game, with the 07 Packers, and back then he remembered feeling as a rookie that hed get a lot more chances after playing in a Super Bowl so young.

But in nine years hes never been back, and only twice has he gotten this far again, one win away. Thats the reality hes trying to convey to any younger teammates he talks to.

It was my rookie year, so long ago, Pickett said. I try to let them know this is my 10th year, and I havent been but one time. Theres a lot of guys like Driver whove never been. This is a special opportunity we have, so we have to make the best of it.

Clifton and Driver, of course, have both had their close calls as Packers, playing in Green Bay their entire careers.

They were drafted one year apart Clifton in 2000, Driver in 1999 and theyve been through the biggest heartaches together. Fourth-and-26 in Philadelphia seven years ago, and the overtime loss to the Giants at Lambeau Field three years back.

But those arent motivating factors as much as Father Time and the nature of the business itself.

You cant talk about the past, Driver said. You have to talk about the future. The past is gone. Its a new day, and Im happy to be in the NFC Championship once again.

Its only one chance. One chance to win it all. You dont get that chance often. Its right in front of us what we want, and thats to get to the Super Bowl.

One of the quieter guys in the locker room, Clifton is well-respected by his mates on the offensive line and probably doesnt need to say much for anyone to know what this chance means to him.

Driver doesnt have to say anything either, but he has said plenty in the past amidst his close-knit, outgoing receiving corps, which has always embraced his leadership.

Its huge for him, receiver James Jones said. Who knows how long hes going to play? Were trying to get him a Super Bowl ring. Not saying ones guaranteed for all of us, but weve all got a little more time than he has. Every time we go out there we try to make plays and make plays for him and get him a ring.

That feeling is reciprocated, because of what 12 years in the NFL have taught an ultimate competitor like Driver.

As bad as they want to get me to the Super Bowl, I want to get them to the Super Bowl, so when it comes to their career, they dont have to worry when theyre going to get there, Driver said. If we can all get there together at one time, that would put a nice little icing on the cake.

Head Coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged he can sense the urgency coming from Donald all the way down, and he feels that kind of locker-room leadership at times like this is healthy for the entire team, especially since plenty of the still-young players were even younger three years ago when they got their first shot.

McCarthy himself remembers getting to the AFC Championship Game his first year as an NFL coach, with Kansas City in 1993, and he didnt realize how big a deal it was until it took him 14 years to return to that stage, in his second year at the Green Bay helm.

So he appreciates exactly where the veterans are coming from, and theres no need to hide from that reality. He sees the message getting through in a positive way.

Just the urgency, the messaging from the veteran players to the younger players, I really like the pulse of our team, the energy of practice today, McCarthy said. Theyre just really into it.

It starts with the guys like Donald, Charles Woodson. You have conversations with those guys, and they know how important it is to get this opportunity accomplished, because you dont know when its going to happen again.

"Mike Spofford" wrote:

Any questions, please ask them here.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
13 years ago
I could not find a writer namen "John Doe" on Packers.com.

Furthermore, I could not find the text you attributed to Packers.com on that site.
longtimefan
13 years ago
At one point, didnt you want only a portion of the articles?
peteralan71
13 years ago
I'm confuzzled.............
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I'm confuzzled.............

"peteralan71" wrote:

I'm going to need more than this to help you. Please let me know what you are questioning and I'll do my best to answer.
UserPostedImage
RajiRoar
13 years ago
[strike]how do you quote other people, all i can find is "source me"[/strike]

figured it out

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
The code looks like this:

[quote="Nonstopdrivel"]Look what Nonstopdrivel wrote![/quote]

That will give you this:

Look what Nonstopdrivel wrote!

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

UserPostedImage
RajiRoar
13 years ago
hehe, i actually just quoted you in another thread and replaced your name .

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Tezzy
13 years ago
So if I don't quote the entire article am I going to get yelled at? I disagree completely with posting entire article text for my own journalistic reasons.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
The problem with not posting the entire article is that a lot of times, those articles don't remain where they're posted -- particularly when they originally appeared on newspaper websites. I can't count the number of times I've been cruising through old forums and click on a link to view a source, but the article was deleted years before. Often there's no record of it left anywhere in Google, either. Posting the full text here provides a sort of archive for articles after they've disappeared.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (18h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (20h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (22h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
20m / Around The NFL / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.