Pack93z
13 years ago
I was going to stay out of this thread because it isn't going to end well and it really can wait until after the Superbowl.

That said I have to be honest and because I have a great deal of respect for those that have posted in this thread.. and Foster for speaking his mind of an opinion I have shared at different times in my tenure here.

Moving on.. I don't think that is the intent that Zero has 99.99999% of the time, to disrespect a member here by making them feel they are subordinate and not a equal member.

No disrespect to the site overall, but this is not what makes this place what it is.. it is the members here, the people they are, the relationships built the make this place what it is. And many spend a great deal of time here as an outlet to share with friends.

Yes friends.

This community is unlike many other sports forums where people actually respect (or try) other members and we as a group do a pretty good job of maintaining that. Many go out of their way to help each other out.. often with just words, sometimes with material things.

A tight knit community that has a ton more positives than any perceived negatives.

Anytime someones opinions are treated as a lesser.. especially by the site owner/leader, people are going to disrespect and most will just leave.

Core members are going to place a shout out that they are leaving or taking a break for a while.. so that their friends here know why they are AWOL. Or in hopes that their voice will be heard and they can continue sharing with the friends built. I know from the times I have gotten pissed and left for a while.. it was the people here that drew me back.

Laughing at VR's wit, Foster silly ranting posts, Zero's strange brew of emotions, Zombies passion, Wades depth.. 4PackGirls perverted comments and.. well you know 😉 , Dakota's bluntness.. Formo's hidden obsession to becoming a packer fan.. and so many more that could be posted it would take me a while to note all of them.. it is the people that keep them coming back.

And the common thread of our Packers blended in.

Respect is an under-rated tool in this world we live in.. but often lost.

And it is a two way street I may add.. Zero does plenty to be respectful of any shortcomings the peer their head out.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Anytime someones opinions are treated as a lesser.. especially by the site owner/leader, people are going to disrespect and most will just leave.

"Shaawn" wrote:

I never ever EVER intend to belittle or demoralize or put down ones opinion. I'm one of the first to say, let's hear your OPINION, that's something I love. I greatly enjoy diverse opinions, such as dhazer's hatred for Ted, Mike and Aaron. I believe once you stopped caring about others opinions, you fail to grow as a person.

There's many times where I come back and read what I've said at a later time and hope to graces I didn't come off like a douche bag or put someone down. I've been failing at that miserably lately and it's been... to be honest ... eating me up big time.

I don't think anyone truly understands what this site means to me and also with that, I think the site means more than it should to me.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I never ever EVER intend to belittle or demoralize or put down ones opinion. I'm one of the first to say, let's hear your OPINION, that's something I love. I greatly enjoy diverse opinions, such as dhazer's hatred for Ted, Mike and Aaron. I believe once you stopped caring about others opinions, you fail to grow as a person.

There's many times where I come back and read what I've said at a later time and hope to graces I didn't come off like a douche bag or put someone down. I've been failing at that miserably lately and it's been... to be honest ... eating me up big time.

I don't think anyone truly understands what this site means to me and also with that, I think the site means more than it should to me.

"Shaawn" wrote:

I think you might have taken that incorrectly.. I don't think it is by intent.. more by misreading the intent. And for the record.. I am guilty of it many a time.. not getting my intended meaning passed successfully off to the readers.

That correlates to the 99.99999%... because sometimes I truly just irk the shit out of you. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
You know what I like about this site? More people here have gotten me to admit I was wrong about something than everywhere else in the world combined.

I learn a lot here.
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
13 years ago
Think of the children!

[img_l]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/5393624965_a4c2cb1bc8.jpg[/img_l]
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago
I guess I see you, Kevin, is as a bit of a mad scientist with a vision for what the perfect site is, and you just love to tinker with it to make it a little better. And since it's never perfect, you just keep trying new things.

Mostly that doesn't bother me....Edison's successful light bulb was version number 1500 or something like that. Occasionally its a bit annoying, since your change sometimes affects one of the bits I especially like as is. But mostly, it's part of what makes the site what it is for me. And I've never doubted that this site is a deep, deep passion for you.

Few are the places that tolerate such an odd sort of asshole with weird ideas like me.

Maybe it's because I'm still a (relative) newbie, but I've never been close to mad enough to want to leave. Short of you deciding to get rid of the "random babble" forum, I can't imagine leaving voluntarily.

I'm addicted to all you bastards.

(including you, Foster, so if you decide to hop in and quietly observe....get your butt and your silly striped blue pants back in here.)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
68md
13 years ago
Zero,
I understand were your coming from because I go through it every day. Tinkered and added...wanted this to do this and everything just right.
Moved things 3 times etc....this season I said screw it ! No upgrades or changes !
Best thing I ever did....... do you want your site to be better ? Damn straight but you can and will go insane chasing that elephant and it's not worth it.

The other thing you should consider is bringing your mods back. Let them moderate and take care of business while you go about administrating the forum.
At any rate you run one hell of a site don't go anywhere !

PS To the members here: Folks cleaning of the shoutbox should be done daily as it will and can bog down a site. Have seen it on just about all forum software. About keeping the site running not Zero being an a-hole.
vikesrule
13 years ago
Like Shawn, I too was going to refrain from commenting on this. But alas, I can not.
I shall claim my right as an elder to say my piece.

Dave, there are some people in this world that I admire, and some that I respect. There are not very many that I can say "I both admire and respect" You are one of those very few.
I am not going to ask you to reconsider, and I am not going to ask anyone to change. For to do so would go against my core beliefs.

Years ago I joined a Packers Fan forum with the basic intent of "giving shit" to stupid cheeseheads. I was pretty much a dickhead at first (I know some think I still am).
Anyway, as time went by, I got to know some of the people. Slowly at first but then I came to the realization that there was something truly unique with these folks.
It was not just about football, something that I could not quite fathom at first, something that I could not quite put my finger on.
It was that there was true passion for life, the jokes, the arguing, the shared feelings (good and bad). And before I knew it, I felt true friendship with many.

I've watched Z2C grow in many ways over the years. He has overcome much adversity in his young life. Some of his own making, and some were the hand he was dealt But he has grown.
Does he still have room to grow as a person? Hell yes....as do we all. I"m somewhat "chronologically challenged" and I still have much yet to learn and not a lot of time to do it.
However, I shall strive to continue to learn and grow until the day that they plant me.

We all make mistakes, it is what makes us human. God knows that I have made my share over these many years.

Argue, get pissed off, perhaps take a break from things. But there is one thought that I would like to leave you with....

Relish everyday that you have, savor all that life gives you, good or bad. For our time to enjoy these joys and pains that come our way in this thing that is life....are fleeting indeed.

Oh ya,....and in keeping with my usual persona.... and in an attempt to lighten your mood......................so endeth my attempt to blow sunshine up your ass.
DakotaT
13 years ago
Say it ain't so Gunny! I'll be nice to everybody, I promise!
UserPostedImage
Dulak
13 years ago
my 2 cents -

I like this forum because of the decent folk here and all the different personalities. There also appears to be less numbskulls (idiots); and less stupid things posted.

I also appreciate some of the more candid conversations; even thou they may be a bit biased at times; and actually enjoy going back and forth throwing out some of my biases also ...

and one of my favorite things is to watch the games with all you guys; the live feed is awesome also. IMO the game is 3x better when I can watch it live with cool fellow packers fans.

as far as moderating and censoring different things on the site; obviously its up to the site owner (kevin) etc ...

IMO sometimes there may 'need' to be some threads where the owner doesnt necessarily want to talk about but other people do ... like people already stated the people is what makes this site great.

So ya this stuff about brent favre ... ya I dont really care to talk about him so much either; and honestly I dont want to talk about him when it comes to the SB and really dont want to hear the announces try to compare rodgers to him during the game - 2 totally different teams. A player doesnt make a team; its 102 or 120 man (including all the coaches IR etc ...)

anyways ... point is I would let the people that want to chat away about favre or wtfe - and IMO if there are posts that are rude and disrespectful to others then ya I think they (the posts) or the people should go; but like I mentioned I do not see much of that here; hence why I am here.

thanks to everyone for a great meeting place to discuss the packers; and of course to the people that have put together this site (kevin and anyone else).
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (3h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.