Green Bay Packers Forum
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 6:55:03 PM(UTC)
Starting QB's both 27 years old.
Both HC were former 49ers OC.



What other similarities?
Sponsor
Offline Packers_Finland  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 6:58:42 PM(UTC)
Reggie White - Clay Matthews
Desmond Howard - Pat Lee

Those are the obvious ones.
Offline Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 7:05:27 PM(UTC)
Both went out, got a Defensive playmaker in FA (White and Woodson) and then filled in the pieces around those cornerstones.
Offline mi_keys  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 7:14:56 PM(UTC)
Both had major injuries and the players that were brought in during mid season to fill in played huge roles.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 7:21:17 PM(UTC)
Both QBs were Super Bowl MVPs.

Oops, wrong thread.
Offline Greg C.  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 11:36:13 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Both had major injuries and the players that were brought in during mid season to fill in played huge roles.


To be more specific, both had an unsung veteran come in during the season and play a big role down the stretch:

'96--Bruce Wilkerson (left tackle)
'10--Howard Green (defensive end)

Also, both teams had a big powerful nose tackle with a lot of personality: Gilbert Brown and B.J. Raji.
Offline Kingkoopa  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 11:43:32 PM(UTC)
Both wore their home Green uniforms
Both played in a dome
Both had a fat head coach named Mike
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Packerchick on 7/31/2013(UTC)
Offline kobe16  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:16:17 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Both wore their home Green uniforms
Both played in a dome
Both had a fat head coach named Mike

Those are the best ones!
Offline Felipe7777777  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:15:10 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Reggie White - Clay Matthews
Desmond Howard - Pat Lee

Those are the obvious ones.


I'm sorry but there is no way D-Howard and Pat Lee are similar in no way shape or form at all, or none that I see
Offline mi_keys  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:26:39 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Both had major injuries and the players that were brought in during mid season to fill in played huge roles.


To be more specific, both had an unsung veteran come in during the season and play a big role down the stretch:

'96--Bruce Wilkerson (left tackle)
'10--Howard Green (defensive end)

Also, both teams had a big powerful nose tackle with a lot of personality: Gilbert Brown and B.J. Raji.


Yep, I was thinking Bruce Wilkerson and Andre Rison when he filled in for Robert Brooks. Green was just as immense for us either of those players and arguably had the play of the game by causing the pick six in the 1st quarter.
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:34:01 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Both had major injuries and the players that were brought in during mid season to fill in played huge roles.


To be more specific, both had an unsung veteran come in during the season and play a big role down the stretch:

'96--Bruce Wilkerson (left tackle)
'10--Howard Green (defensive end)

Also, both teams had a big powerful nose tackle with a lot of personality: Gilbert Brown and B.J. Raji.


Yep, I was thinking Bruce Wilkerson and Andre Rison when he filled in for Robert Brooks. Green was just as immense for us either of those players and arguably had the play of the game by causing the pick six in the 1st quarter.


You could add a Walden, which was signed mid season.. and his contribution in the Bears game in week 17.
Offline mi_keys  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:43:39 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Both had major injuries and the players that were brought in during mid season to fill in played huge roles.


To be more specific, both had an unsung veteran come in during the season and play a big role down the stretch:

'96--Bruce Wilkerson (left tackle)
'10--Howard Green (defensive end)

Also, both teams had a big powerful nose tackle with a lot of personality: Gilbert Brown and B.J. Raji.


Yep, I was thinking Bruce Wilkerson and Andre Rison when he filled in for Robert Brooks. Green was just as immense for us either of those players and arguably had the play of the game by causing the pick six in the 1st quarter.


You could add a Walden, which was signed mid season.. and his contribution in the Bears game in week 17.


I was thinking about him too. He played really well for us in the playoffs.
Offline RainX  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:19:30 PM(UTC)
While there were definitely some similarities, I'd say the path the '10 had to go through was more difficult.

The '96 team was 13-3, had the #1 seed, and had to go through SF at home, Carolina at home, and then New England to win it's Super Bowl. If you remember, the best team arguably on the AFC side that year in Denver, was upset by the Jaguars in the divisional round which probably allowed for a weaker Patriots team (on paper) to get to the Super Bowl.

The '10 team was a #6 seed and had to fight just to get into the playoffs and win 3 straight road games @ Philly (where they have historically struggled), @ Atlanta (where the Falcons have been lights out), and @ Chicago (biggest rival) just to get the Super Bowl to play a pretty good Pittsburgh team who had won 2 Super Bowls in recent years.

I'd say the '10 team, in certain areas was a better team than the '96 squad, and vice versa for other areas.

Overall both were memorable squads that have been the only teams to deliever championships to Green Bay since the merger which says a lot considering where this team was even 20 years ago.
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:36:30 PM(UTC)
Want the biggest difference?

This current team will have a larger window of opportunity that the 96' club.. the 96' club had a great number of veterans that were in decline..

We have far less on this current club.. and you can see two young leaders on each side developing in Rodgers and Matthews to carry the torch from Driver and Woodson..
Offline Finley88Beast  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:54:20 PM(UTC)
Here is a interesting fact everytime the packers went to the superbowl the next year they went again. Superbowls 1 and 2 and superbowls 31 and 32 next is 45 and 46!
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error


Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / packerfanoutwest

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter