dfosterf
15 years ago
Hopefully a superbowl for the Jets. Another first rounder would be awesome, and Brett could go out on top. Or not? He could stay a Jet, or maybe go to the Vikes? It would sure open up a bunch of question marks for probably a couple of teams, wouldn't that be absolutely fascinating to watch? I always love to see the Patriots get beat, all the more so that the Jets did it, and Brett did it. Just the kind of scenario I was hoping for on that end of the "equation". Maybe if we beat the Bears we can begin our path of destiny to meet them in that superbowl, and Mars can continue to hope to secure the services of our living legend. A win, win, win?
porky88
15 years ago
What a game.

Favre played great and looked more like the Favre under McCarthy and Holmgrem rather than the Favre under Mike Sherman.

The Jets are also a legit contender now. I wasn't buying into them, but this is the type of win that makes me a believer especially considering how they loss the lead the way they did. Moss making that ridiculous catch and then Favre is able to lead them down for the FG in OT.

Great Game.
RedSoxExcel
15 years ago
This is the exact reason why Favre is Favre and why the Jets got him in the first place.

Forget the stats. Look at the fact that they were up 24-6. The Pats tie it up. He just leads them down to for a TD to make it 31-24.

The Pats score on a 1 minute drive with no timeouts. They go to OT. He just goes down right again and leads them to a FG. He played unreal. He made smart decisions and got rid of the ball for the most part under pressure.

Just the presence and awareness on some of those plays in the OT drive was amazing to watch.

Everyone that anazlyes and disses his every move needs to at least come into this thread or board and give credit where credit is due. He willed them to win.
blank
RaiderPride
15 years ago
This is great for Brett.

I am pleased for Brett,

He may have finally understood, and is now learning and understanding, what the Packers have tried to "Teach and Preach" to him the last three years.

Brett did nothing "STUPID" tonight. He held back his idiotic tendencies and managed the game like a champion.

Brett's a hero tonight.

Randy Moss looked at him in the over-time coin toss and said.... "Throw an interception." Randy knows Brett. Brett loves Moss. What more motivation would Brett need?

What kills me is this... If Brett had the mental fortitude he had tonight, Last year. I think the Packers would have won the Super Bowl.

However, if the Packers let him come back.... He would have continued to play great but always play like an idiot when the game was on the line. The reason for thhat I feel was tht the Packer Fans, The commuity, and the Packers organization have always sucked up to Brett.

Now he is in New York.... Now that he he has actually been under "Real Criticism, and been called out for his INT's and idiotic decisions on the field
Brett has been forced, for the first time to listen to a coach. For the first time he has actually been a Team Player. For the first time, this is not about HIM..... But the team.

This is good. This is Great.

I am very happy that the "OLD DOG CAN LEARN NEW TRICKS."

Well done tonight Brett. I only wish the Brett tonight was the Brett that played in the NFC Championship game last year.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
agopackgo4
15 years ago
Congrats to Brett The Jet 4! lol zooomed past the pats.
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago
:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Leadership,leadership,leadership......you can't say it enough.

Congratulations to Brett, went from being booed not less than 3 weeks ago in New York, to showing every Jet fan, and the nation why Packer fans truly admired him for most of his career in Green Bay.

Some of you will still try and downplay Brett's performance last night, doesn't matter, Brett proved he is still one of the best in the league, and there are very few qb's who could have done what he did last night.

BF still the best pressure QB in the NFL!!!!!!

10 days of smiles coming, then look out, Tn. looms on the horizon, confidence will be high going there, as Brett said after the game last night, there is still plenty of football to be played, if last night is any perameter of things to come, sure is going to be fun to watch.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

This is great for Brett.

I am pleased for Brett,

He may have finally understood, and is now learning and understanding, what the Packers have tried to "Teach and Preach" to him the last three years.

Brett did nothing "STUPID" tonight. He held back his idiotic tendencies and managed the game like a champion.

Brett's a hero tonight.

Randy Moss looked at him in the over-time coin toss and said.... "Throw an interception." Randy knows Brett. Brett loves Moss. What more motivation would Brett need?

What kills me is this... If Brett had the mental fortitude he had tonight, Last year. I think the Packers would have won the Super Bowl.

However, if the Packers let him come back.... He would have continued to play great but always play like an idiot when the game was on the line. The reason for thhat I feel was tht the Packer Fans, The commuity, and the Packers organization have always sucked up to Brett.

Now he is in New York.... Now that he he has actually been under "Real Criticism, and been called out for his INT's and idiotic decisions on the field
Brett has been forced, for the first time to listen to a coach. For the first time he has actually been a Team Player. For the first time, this is not about HIM..... But the team.

This is good. This is Great.

I am very happy that the "OLD DOG CAN LEARN NEW TRICKS."

Well done tonight Brett. I only wish the Brett tonight was the Brett that played in the NFC Championship game last year.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

For one, Brett has always been about the team and has always been a team player. He was always about winning football games no matter where he was. Yes, the Jets told him to tone down his interceptions, but Brett will always be Brett and thats why he is loved by many. And this OLD DOG can still play.... ARF ARF!! But I for one always knew that.

You have to remember this team was put together pretty fast, and took sometime for them to get some chemistry going. They are a work in progress, hopefully in the games to follow they will only get better.

Congrats Brett and the Jets team for a game well played. 🙂
Heathiee
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Didn't read anything in this thread, but I did check out the stats after the game was over and it looks like Brett was his old self again. I liked seeing the goose egg in the INT column!!

I had a tough time picking who was going to win this game. I had the Jets first, and second, and my third change I went with the Patriots. D'oh!
UserPostedImage
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
The best part of the game was when Brett went onto the set with Muc and the boys that was the Brett everyone loves. He was laughing and joking and he downplayed the win and was being a leader, he kept saying we have a lot of games left.

BTW Raider did you watch the game and didn't hear them say Brett is helping add things to the offense like the look pass.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
I went to get my coffee and was listening to Mark Schlereth on ESPN radio this morning. He equated this football game to his experience with the Redskins. "A seminal game", as he described it, and I think that's about perfect. The Giants always had the Redskins "number" while he played there, and then, in one game, at the Giants, they were in a dogfight and came away with the win. He said last night's game, to him, was eerily similar. He also said that game caused his entire football team to start truly believing in themselves, and that when the Giants came to town for the second match-up, the Redskins easily crushed them. He went on to sa...I don't know what he went on to say, because I was home and turned off the car radio. :icon_smile:

I would love it if Brett were to lead this team to the Lombardi trophy, if it isn't my team this year. Thrilled for Brett, and thrilled for us. And personally, I would get to contemplate the possibility of adding a third offensive lineman to my "dream draft" (heck, I think I already have :icon_smile: )

In addition to:

Duke Robinson from Oklahoma 6'5' 330 lbs Guard (Consensus best guard in draft)

Herman Johnson from LSU 6'7" 349lbs Guard (Consensus 2nd best guard in the draft and should be there for us in the 2nd round)

If Brett and the Jets WERE to bring home the Lombardi trophy... we could add (and as I said, I already have :icon_smile: ):
Alex Mack from California 6'5" 316 lbs Center (Consensus best center in the draft and also a first rounder)

Go Brett, GO! Go Jets, GO!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.