twebdonny
15 years ago

:icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Leadership,leadership,leadership......you can't say it enough.

Congratulations to Brett, went from being booed not less than 3 weeks ago in New York, to showing every Jet fan, and the nation why Packer fans truly admired him for most of his career in Green Bay.

Some of you will still try and downplay Brett's performance last night, doesn't matter, Brett proved he is still one of the best in the league, and there are very few qb's who could have done what he did last night.

Brett Favre still the best pressure QB in the NFL!!!!!!

10 days of smiles coming, then look out, Tn. looms on the horizon, confidence will be high going there, as Brett said after the game last night, there is still plenty of football to be played, if last night is any perameter of things to come, sure is going to be fun to watch.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

And they jumped all over my "This Team Needs a Leader thread...

But you look better, so at least there is a reason....LOL
www.travel-ascending.com
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Why do you have to try an make this about you? this is the Brett Favre section, not the twebdonny section.
UserPostedImage
CDNRodgersfan
15 years ago
I agree Zero. I always want to come here and praise Farve but somehow it always feels like if I lift Favre up I'm putting the Pack down. Can't we keep the 2 seperate. I wonder if you could work your majic and treat Packers as a bleeped word here as this is all about Favre which now is with the Jets. Great game Brett but now I'm worried about the Bears
RaiderPride
15 years ago

This is great for Brett.

I am pleased for Brett,

He may have finally understood, and is now learning and understanding, what the Packers have tried to "Teach and Preach" to him the last three years.

Brett did nothing "STUPID" tonight. He held back his idiotic tendencies and managed the game like a champion.

Brett's a hero tonight.

Randy Moss looked at him in the over-time coin toss and said.... "Throw an interception." Randy knows Brett. Brett loves Moss. What more motivation would Brett need?

What kills me is this... If Brett had the mental fortitude he had tonight, Last year. I think the Packers would have won the Super Bowl.

However, if the Packers let him come back.... He would have continued to play great but always play like an idiot when the game was on the line. The reason for that I feel was the the Packer Fans, The community, and the Packers organization have always sucked up to Brett.

Now he is in New York.... Now that he he has actually been under "Real Criticism, and been called out for his INT's and idiotic decisions on the field
Brett has been forced, for the first time to listen to a coach. For the first time he has actually been a Team Player. For the first time, this is not about HIM..... But the team.

This is good. This is Great.

I am very happy that the "OLD DOG CAN LEARN NEW TRICKS."

Well done tonight Brett. I only wish the Brett tonight was the Brett that played in the NFC Championship game last year.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

For one, Brett has always been about the team and has always been a team player. He was always about winning football games no matter where he was. Yes, the Jets told him to tone down his interceptions, but Brett will always be Brett and thats why he is loved by many. And this OLD DOG can still play.... ARF ARF!! But I for one always knew that.

You have to remember this team was put together pretty fast, and took sometime for them to get some chemistry going. They are a work in progress, hopefully in the games to follow they will only get better.

Congrats Brett and the Jets team for a game well played. :)

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

HPG, don't waste your time, your words are falling on blind eyes.

Let's see, from what i remember from last January

R. martin dropping a sure TD pass from the guy you(RP)say has never been a team player.

I remember the running game being non-existant, and Brett Favre bringing The Pack back twice from behind with his passing game.

I remember Al Harris struggling the whole first half, trying to cover P. Burriss, and remember how the coaching staff decided they did not need to make any major adjustments, they would just live with the results.

Those are my memories from last January. I guess i was dreaming.
::roll:

"RaiderPride" wrote:

The biggest challenge with E-mails, or posts is that there is no tonality, enunciation, or body language in the cyber world of communication.

I reckon you both did not get what I was actually communicating. No fault of yours. Blame the computer, or blame me.

My point is this...

Brett played the best he has played. I was proud of him. He is no doubt one of the top 3 Q.B's to ever play the game.

But as one of the greatest, like many, they believe they can do anything. regardless of what a coach says to do, or a trainer says to do. That is what makes them great. That belief. If they did not have it, they would not be great.

However, toning it down, and doing what is best for the team makes one a team player.

Roberto Duran was one of the greatest fighters... His managers tried to tone him down, take away the stupid things he did in the ring when he got pissed off. He could not do it. He was Duran. He was what he was.

He would have been a better team player for his management team if he did not get pissed that Leonard would not go "Toe To Toe" and he would not have said "No Mass"

When I type. "Brett has never been a team player.. I mean he did it his way. Good for him, but that is not always the best thing for the team.

I still know that he has what it takes. He can get it done without being the maverick.

Did Brett or did he not check off on the play that was called in the NFC Championship game that resulted in the Pick. Did he or did he not check off on many calls that resulted in INT's at a critical game. BUT he also checked off on many plays that ere called and that check off resulted in a win.

Brett is Brett.

I am just pleased that he is getting it now while he is a Jet.

The game he played against the Pats was brilliant. Perfect, and without trying to throw a knock out punch in a fit of "I can do anything."

It is what makes him the best, but it is also what makes him frustrating.

If he can listen to his coaches... With the Jets, this team can go all the way. He has brought Mo-Jo to a team that has not any Mo-Jo since Joe wore nylons in a T.V. commercial.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Roddyboy
15 years ago

This is great for Brett.

I am pleased for Brett,

He may have finally understood, and is now learning and understanding, what the Packers have tried to "Teach and Preach" to him the last three years.

Brett did nothing "STUPID" tonight. He held back his idiotic tendencies and managed the game like a champion.

Brett's a hero tonight.

Randy Moss looked at him in the over-time coin toss and said.... "Throw an interception." Randy knows Brett. Brett loves Moss. What more motivation would Brett need?

What kills me is this... If Brett had the mental fortitude he had tonight, Last year. I think the Packers would have won the Super Bowl.

However, if the Packers let him come back.... He would have continued to play great but always play like an idiot when the game was on the line. The reason for that I feel was the the Packer Fans, The community, and the Packers organization have always sucked up to Brett.

Now he is in New York.... Now that he he has actually been under "Real Criticism, and been called out for his INT's and idiotic decisions on the field
Brett has been forced, for the first time to listen to a coach. For the first time he has actually been a Team Player. For the first time, this is not about HIM..... But the team.

Well done tonight Brett. I only wish the Brett tonight was the Brett that played in the NFC Championship game last year.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

For one, Brett has always been about the team and has always been a team player. He was always about winning football games no matter where he was. Yes, the Jets told him to tone down his interceptions, but Brett will always be Brett and thats why he is loved by many. And this OLD DOG can still play.... ARF ARF!! But I for one always knew that.

You have to remember this team was put together pretty fast, and took sometime for them to get some chemistry going. They are a work in progress, hopefully in the games to follow they will only get better.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

R. martin dropping a sure TD pass from the guy you(RP)say has never been a team player.

I remember the running game being non-existant, and Brett Favre bringing The Pack back twice from behind with his passing game.

I remember Al Harris struggling the whole first half, trying to cover P. Burriss, and remember how the coaching staff decided they did not need to make any major adjustments, they would just live with the results.

The biggest challenge with E-mails, or posts is that there is no tonality, enunciation, or body language in the cyber world of communication.

I reckon you both did not get what I was actually communicating. No fault of yours. Blame the computer, or blame me.

My point is this...

Brett played the best he has played. I was proud of him. He is no doubt one of the top 3 Q.B's to ever play the game.

But as one of the greatest, like many, they believe they can do anything. regardless of what a coach says to do, or a trainer says to do. That is what makes them great. That belief. If they did not have it, they would not be great.

However, toning it down, and doing what is best for the team makes one a team player.

Roberto Duran was one of the greatest fighters... His managers tried to tone him down, take away the stupid things he did in the ring when he got pissed off. He could not do it. He was Duran. He was what he was.

He would have been a better team player for his management team if he did not get pissed that Leonard would not go "Toe To Toe" and he would not have said "No Mass"

When I type. "Brett has never been a team player.. I mean he did it his way. Good for him, but that is not always the best thing for the team.

I still know that he has what it takes. He can get it done without being the maverick.

Did Brett or did he not check off on the play that was called in the NFC Championship game that resulted in the Pick. Did he or did he not check off on many calls that resulted in INT's at a critical game. BUT he also checked off on many plays that ere called and that check off resulted in a win.

Brett is Brett.

I am just pleased that he is getting it now while he is a Jet.

The game he played against the Pats was brilliant. Perfect, and without trying to throw a knock out punch in a fit of "I can do anything."

It is what makes him the best, but it is also what makes him frustrating.

If he can listen to his coaches... With the Jets, this team can go all the way. He has brought Mo-Jo to a team that has not any Mo-Jo since Joe wore nylons in a T.V. commercial.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

There was an interesting reply to this very topic on WFAN this morning.

The host said that "Mangini sitting down and having a talk with Brett about his interceptions must have helped because Brett seems to have changed his style of play due to coaching".

And the guest, I didn't get his name, but I think he was a former NFL player said that he felt that that was not a correct assesment. He said that he hasn't seen any change in Favre's play, but that the interception rate has gone down because the Jets are running the ball well AND finally pass protecting! (The Jets pass protection has been very shoddy so far the first half of the season!)

This gives Favre a little more time to see the field and make his decisions. Couple that with the fact that he is getting more comfortable with the Jets offense and WR's...and you get a game like you had Thursday night against the Pats.

This makes more sense to me than the "McCarthy's reigning him in", or "Mangini's reigning him in" argument.

The difference with Favre however, is that he is able to win you games even when things are not going well, or hitting on all cylinders. Witness the 3 games where he led the Jets to 4th Qtr comebacks to win games this year.

This is one of the things that frustrates me about the Favre critics. They think the guy should be super-human and bend the laws of football and probability and never do anything wrong, ever!

Hell, Montana wasn't perfect when he went to K.C. to play for the Chiefs, and he is arguably the best QB to ever play the game!
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Mentioning someone else wasn't perfect is irrelevant. We all know and most of us have accepted Brett is not perfect. Heck, its something most of us admire about the guy. He's a huge ass icon in the world of sports and more and he wears his faults on his sleeve for all of us to see. To me, that takes a helluva man to do that. Lot's of people hide their flaws and try to hide them as much as they can.

Favre doesn't. I think that's why I get so ticked off when I hear and read others making excuses for the guy. He's nearly 40, he doesn't need your petty excuses, he knows he's not perfect, ... why don't you?
UserPostedImage
Roddyboy
15 years ago
Never said he was "perfect" Zero...never did.

Just responding to the post 3 posts above this one that says silly things like "Brett is finally listening to his coaches nonsense..."

The point is, give him even a little time in the pocket, and he will pick apart any team--even with sub-par WR's...

If Favre gets pressured, and there's no running game, he will throw picks.

But he will also WIN GAMES, even when he throws those picks, most of the time.

Now that the Jets AS A TEAM seem to be playing better, I think the Jets have a very good chance of going deep in the playoffs, or maybe even further...to the SB!

Imagine that.
blank
Gravedigga
15 years ago
nevermind, who cares. GO BRETTS!!!
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Gravedigga
15 years ago

This is great for Brett.

I am pleased for Brett,

Brett's a hero tonight.

However, if the Packers let him come back.... He would have continued to play great but always play like an idiot when the game was on the line. The reason for thhat I feel was tht the Packer Fans, The commuity, and the Packers organization have always sucked up to Brett.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Favre sucks. If he was a real leader, he would have covered Plaxico and Toomer and let Al Harris have a break. But Favre is selfish and old. He is supposed to overcome dropped touchdown passes. He should have stayed retired because Pennington would do much better than Favre right now.

Seriously though, i hope he comes back next season and practices hard in the off season to get the real chemistry with his receivers so the Jets can win back to back superbowls and Ted Thompson can be run out of the league for ever.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
RaiderPride
15 years ago
Gravedigger...

Are you stating that you are not a fan of Ted.... Former NFL Executive of the year?

Just want to clarify that my firend.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.