Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
6 Pages«<456

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
longtimefan  
#101 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:48:55 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post


And oh please that he led them to the game winning drive against the Vikings but Crosby messed it up. They started the drive on the 42 yard line I think with over 2 minutes left and you end up with a 53 yard field goal? Come on, I think thats grasping at straws.


2 runs that totaled THREE YARDS and a safe pass to DD...

He could have checked off, or could have went to a different WR but he went with what was called in, so its his fault?

" said: Go to Quoted Post
And also its Mike McCarthy's fault. He plays too conservative. Let the kid open it up more. We have JENNINGS!


How can you blame him for that drive, then say Mike McCarthy is to blame too? I would think as I pointed out b4 that he went with what was calle din..So he does what he is told..


B4 you get in a bundy, I am asking honest questions, not trying to cause anything and not being sarcastic
RedSoxExcel  
#102 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 3:17:13 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


And oh please that he led them to the game winning drive against the Vikings but Crosby messed it up. They started the drive on the 42 yard line I think with over 2 minutes left and you end up with a 53 yard field goal? Come on, I think thats grasping at straws.


2 runs that totaled THREE YARDS and a safe pass to DD...

He could have checked off, or could have went to a different WR but he went with what was called in, so its his fault?

" said: Go to Quoted Post
And also its Mike McCarthy's fault. He plays too conservative. Let the kid open it up more. We have JENNINGS!




How can you blame him for that drive, then say Mike McCarthy is to blame too? I would think as I pointed out b4 that he went with what was calle din..So he does what he is told..


B4 you get in a bundy, I am asking honest questions, not trying to cause anything and not being sarcastic


I agree, that is my fault. I should have put the Mike McCarthy part earlier in the post. I don't think it is all his fault, it is also MM. The playcalling I said in another thread too was horrible in the Vikings game. They were basically playing for a 50+ FG for some reason. But the only positive play Rodgers had on that drive was when he threw it at a Vikings players head and it bounced off his head and went into Drivers hand. So I don't think he was exactly clutch either. Even if you take away the last drive, Rodgers had a horrible game, he looked lost and confused. The O-line sucking completly threw him off his game. He was missing reads and throwing balls way off target. And generally not sensing the pressure or moving out of the pocket at key times.

But overall, I agree, it is a combination of things but I'd like to see "that" defining moment before I "crown" him (or a couple more wins). To go from a team that I think was 8-1 at this point (that or 7-2) to 4-5 and only one position changes. It's tough for me to give the QB that came in a lot of credit like most others are. To me anyway, a QB that is elite wins you at least one of those 4 games, regardless of how.

He has by far exceeded my expectations because I thought he was going to fold under the pressure of the whole Favre expectations. But he has done well and sometimes he makes me even forget about the F word with his play. But for me anyway, its been a whole lot of potential and not a whole lot of substance. Because he HAS to improve in the pocket (in terms of making quick decisions and sensing pressure).


Also lets take some bigger risks when we're down (which might be Mike McCarthy coaching him to protect the ball at all costs). That Cowboys game killed me. We're down and we were playing like we're up with 3 mins to go. I know everyone will jump down my throat with "well you'd rather have him throw an INT then!". No, I wouldn't. But I'd rather have our team "go" for it then just sit back and take what is given to us. We are 4-5. So clearly that attitude of sitting and waiting hasn't worked - but this is getting completely off topic as this is related to MM.
bozz_2006  
#103 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 4:06:33 AM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


And oh please that he led them to the game winning drive against the Vikings but Crosby messed it up. They started the drive on the 42 yard line I think with over 2 minutes left and you end up with a 53 yard field goal? Come on, I think thats grasping at straws.


2 runs that totaled THREE YARDS and a safe pass to DD...

He could have checked off, or could have went to a different WR but he went with what was called in, so its his fault?

" said: Go to Quoted Post
And also its Mike McCarthy's fault. He plays too conservative. Let the kid open it up more. We have JENNINGS!




How can you blame him for that drive, then say Mike McCarthy is to blame too? I would think as I pointed out b4 that he went with what was calle din..So he does what he is told..


B4 you get in a bundy, I am asking honest questions, not trying to cause anything and not being sarcastic


I agree, that is my fault. I should have put the Mike McCarthy part earlier in the post. I don't think it is all his fault, it is also Mike McCarthy. The playcalling I said in another thread too was horrible in the Vikings game. They were basically playing for a 50+ FG for some reason. But the only positive play Rodgers had on that drive was when he threw it at a Vikings players head and it bounced off his head and went into Drivers hand. So I don't think he was exactly clutch either. Even if you take away the last drive, Rodgers had a horrible game, he looked lost and confused. The O-line sucking completly threw him off his game. He was missing reads and throwing balls way off target. And generally not sensing the pressure or moving out of the pocket at key times.

But overall, I agree, it is a combination of things but I'd like to see "that" defining moment before I "crown" him (or a couple more wins). To go from a team that I think was 8-1 at this point (that or 7-2) to 4-5 and only one position changes. It's tough for me to give the QB that came in a lot of credit like most others are. To me anyway, a QB that is elite wins you at least one of those 4 games, regardless of how.

He has by far exceeded my expectations because I thought he was going to fold under the pressure of the whole Favre expectations. But he has done well and sometimes he makes me even forget about the F word with his play. But for me anyway, its been a whole lot of potential and not a whole lot of substance. Because he HAS to improve in the pocket (in terms of making quick decisions and sensing pressure).


Also lets take some bigger risks when we're down (which might be Mike McCarthy coaching him to protect the ball at all costs). That Cowboys game killed me. We're down and we were playing like we're up with 3 mins to go. I know everyone will jump down my throat with "well you'd rather have him throw an INT then!". No, I wouldn't. But I'd rather have our team "go" for it then just sit back and take what is given to us. We are 4-5. So clearly that attitude of sitting and waiting hasn't worked - but this is getting completely off topic as this is related to Mike McCarthy.


And further more!!!.... I'm sorry, what was the question?
DGB454  
#104 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 1:12:10 PM(UTC)
I did vote him slightly above average but that was before the Vikings game. I have to go with R.S.E. on some of his points. Rodgers didn't look good in that game at all. Some of the blame should go on the line and some should go to MM.

Maybe Rodgers was just having a bad game but he didn't look sharp. Maybe all the hits he has taken this season has made him nervous in the pocket. I can't blame him for that too much because he hasn't had much help staying upright. A good line can make an average QB look good and a bad line can make a good QB look bad.

He doesn't seem to be able to sense preasure. That will come with experience but he seems to have regressed the last game. Maybe it's the lack of practicing since the injury. He looked better at the beginning of the season than he looks now.

If I were to grade him based on the last game I would give him a below average grade.
alldaybaby  
#105 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 3:32:28 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post


And oh please that he led them to the game winning drive against the Vikings but Crosby messed it up. They started the drive on the 42 yard line I think with over 2 minutes left and you end up with a 53 yard field goal? Come on, I think thats grasping at straws.


2 runs that totaled THREE YARDS and a safe pass to DD...

He could have checked off, or could have went to a different WR but he went with what was called in, so its his fault?

" said: Go to Quoted Post
And also its Mike McCarthy's fault. He plays too conservative. Let the kid open it up more. We have JENNINGS!


How can you blame him for that drive, then say Mike McCarthy is to blame too? I would think as I pointed out b4 that he went with what was calle din..So he does what he is told..


B4 you get in a bundy, I am asking honest questions, not trying to cause anything and not being sarcastic



safe pass , the 2nd one hits wyms on the helmet , it should have been picked , i don't blame Mike McCarthy for not trusting him,
bozz_2006  
#106 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:42:40 PM(UTC)
hahahaha. Please tell me what it's like for a coach to trust their QB. You Viking fans know all about that.
DarkaneRules  
#107 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:49:48 PM(UTC)
I have heard people say that our o-line isn't bad. I would argue that our o-line is probably one of the worst in the league right now. Very disappointing.
RedSoxExcel  
#108 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:04:38 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I have heard people say that our o-line isn't bad. I would argue that our o-line is probably one of the worst in the league right now. Very disappointing.


Really? I have not heard too many people saying that our O-line is good or anything. I think they are pretty bad but just as Rodgers should be p'd off on some plays, the O-line should be p'd off at Rodgers on some plays. Once he develops that pocket awareness he will be a much better QB. Luckily I feel that can come with experience, so we'll see.
alldaybaby  
#109 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:45:44 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I have heard people say that our o-line isn't bad. I would argue that our o-line is probably one of the worst in the league right now. Very disappointing.


Really? I have not heard too many people saying that our O-line is good or anything. I think they are pretty bad but just as Rodgers should be p'd off on some plays, the O-line should be p'd off at Rodgers on some plays. Once he develops that pocket awareness he will be a much better QB. Luckily I feel that can come with experience, so we'll see.



people were saying that they are one of the best in the league last year, wonder whats changed?
alldaybaby  
#110 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:47:42 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
hahahaha. Please tell me what it's like for a coach to trust their QB. You Viking fans know all about that.




please stay on topic
alldaybaby  
#111 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:52:57 PM(UTC)
Here's something that will be interesting to see tomorrow,
how will he handle the cold wheather , won't this be his first game in zero tempretures ?
Pack93z  
#112 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:57:34 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Here's something that will be interesting to see tomorrow,
how will he handle the cold wheather , won't this be his first game in zero tempretures ?


Forecast for around mid30's... not zero temps.. wait a month. ;)
alldaybaby  
#113 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:00:30 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
" said: Go to Quoted Post
Here's something that will be interesting to see tomorrow,
how will he handle the cold wheather , won't this be his first game in zero tempretures ?


Forecast for around mid30's... not zero temps.. wait a month. ;)



O you guys don't use metric yet i forgot sorry
bozz_2006  
#114 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:01:47 PM(UTC)
are you Canadian?
alldaybaby  
#115 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:02:32 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
are you Canadian?




English
bozz_2006  
#116 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:06:30 PM(UTC)
I thought Minnesotans were the only ones delusional enough to cheer for the Vikings. How did you get infected with Viking-itis?
alldaybaby  
#117 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:13:59 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I thought Minnesotans were the only ones delusional enough to cheer for the Vikings. How did you get infected with Viking-itis?




i like the color purple ........j/k
i followed baseball longer and i'm a twins fan , so just stuck with the MN team , could be worse if i were a tigers fan , i'd be following the lions now ......PHEW
bozz_2006  
#118 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:18:26 PM(UTC)
fair enough. I'm a Twins fan too. That gets a little dicey, as the Metrodome is "home" in the spring and summer, but "enemy territory" in the fall and winter.... at least for one more year.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages«<456
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
gbguy20 (18h) : you're probably right
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : I was thinking Dez gbguy20
gbguy20 (22h) : Bmarsh cut. preparing for obj extension?
Zero2Cool (19-Apr) : Week 1: at Packers — Sept. 9 (SNF)
Cheesey (19-Apr) : I don't know. I don't have HBO. I only have regular BO.
Smokey (19-Apr) : Who is HBO's 2018 "Hard Knocks" team ?
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Jimmy Graham on choosing Packers -- Why Green Bay instead of New Orleans? "#12 is hungry
DarkaneRules (17-Apr) : When he talked about missing guys he didn't mentioned Greg Jennings :)
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : it won't though. thus, off-season = hate season
gbguy20 (17-Apr) : these quotes from arod should shut people up
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Jimmy Graham on whether he's still the same Jimmy Graham: "I'm still 6-foot-7 and still run a 4.55 (40)."
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : TE Jimmy Graham said he turned down a lot of money to sign with a team he said he feels can win it all. “12 is hungry,” he said.
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Aaron Rodgers on potential extension with Packers: "There's interest on both sides in getting something done"
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "You have to trust the process. And the process works." Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool (15-Apr) : I think Barkley would be crazy good with Aaron Rodgers.
porky88 (15-Apr) : If the Packers trade into the top 10, I think it's for Saquan Barkley.
buckeyepackfan (15-Apr) : Lololol
buckeyepackfan (15-Apr) : Need to use this statement "The Packers have wasted enough years of AR's career"
TheKanataThrilla (14-Apr) : New GM with a new qb. History repeats.
TheKanataThrilla (14-Apr) : I had that fuck that idea about Rodgers..turns out I was wrong.
gbguy20 (14-Apr) : fuck that idea.
TheKanataThrilla (14-Apr) : Rosen?
Nonstopdrivel (14-Apr) : An unnamed source told Daniel Jeremiah the Packers will trade into the top ten to snag a quarterback.
Zero2Cool (13-Apr) : The #Cowboys have released WR Dez Bryant, source said. It’s done.
Zero2Cool (13-Apr) : Sources: Cowboys expected to release Bryant The Cowboys, who are meeting with Dez Bryant on Friday, plan on "moving on" and release the star receiver, sources told ESPN
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Today's Birthdays: ThePrey (29)
Nonstopdrivel (11-Apr) : I'm easily offended.
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : but, if you're easily offended, stay the hell out
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : for some good laughs, read Let's Offend Everyone! in The Back Alley
gbguy20 (11-Apr) : give him a prove it deal here for that money. ridiculous
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : I think he wanted a prove it year, to cash in next season.
Nonstopdrivel (9-Apr) : Detail in Patriots' deal with WR Jordan Matthews shows the bargain: one-year, $1 million, plus $700K in incentives. Only $170K is guaranteed.
Porforis (9-Apr) : You're my favorite customer.
Nonstopdrivel (9-Apr) : Oh, hi, Mark.
TheKanataThrilla (8-Apr) : I like our current RBs. If we have an injury or 2 maybe sign Lacy on a cheap 1 year deal.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys
Sunday, Oct 15 @ 12:00 PM
at Vikings
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 AM
- BYE -
Monday, Nov 6 @ 7:30 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
at Bears
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
RAVENS
Sunday, Nov 26 @ 7:30 PM
at Steelers
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 10 @ 12:00 PM
at Browns
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
at Panthers
Saturday, Dec 23 @ 7:30 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 12:00 PM
at Lions
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

19-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / warhawk

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

15-Apr / Around The NFL / Cheesey

13-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / gbguy20

Headlines