Formo
  • Formo
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

Well my uncle (one of my dad's brothers) and my dad have set up a blog at blogspot for those that are interested in keeping up with updates instead of my dad emailing a million addresses to the family. So I figured I'd post it here as well for those that are interested.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

http://joelchemojourney.blogspot.com/ 

That's the blog link that I mentioned in my previous post.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
macbob
12 years ago
Thanks, Formo--the blog posts were encouraging.

Hope this past week went well for your Dad, too.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
12 years ago
awesome he's got a blog going. will add it to my favorites & check it often. give the old guy a hug from me & let him know he's in my nightly prayers!!
Formo
  • Formo
12 years ago
Just wanted to publicly thank you whom shall not be named for posting on my dad's blog. He told me how odd it was getting a comment from someone out of the blue at such a distance when he has family members that haven't bothered commenting. And not just 'odd'.. but I believe his exact words were, 'very VERY cool'.

To say my dad has been humbled lately is a gross understatement. People have come from the woodwork giving support, prayers, and donations. I love seeing him get humbled because A) he deserves so much and to see him get just a TINY bit of what is deserved is awesome, and 😎 I'm a sap and like watching peoples reactions when they are humbled.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

Just wanted to publicly thank you whom shall not be named for posting on my dad's blog. He told me how odd it was getting a comment from someone out of the blue at such a distance when he has family members that haven't bothered commenting. And not just 'odd'.. but I believe his exact words were, 'very VERY cool'.

To say my dad has been humbled lately is a gross understatement. People have come from the woodwork giving support, prayers, and donations. I love seeing him get humbled because A) he deserves so much and to see him get just a TINY bit of what is deserved is awesome, and 😎 I'm a sap and like watching peoples reactions when they are humbled.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

Keep up the battle and stay strong for your Dad. We're here for buddy!
UserPostedImage
Formo
  • Formo
12 years ago
Just wanted to bump this so I can post an update when I get home.
UserPostedImage
flep
12 years ago
Have only just read this my purple hued friend.

Your dad and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Take good care of yourself

Phil Alty
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Formo
  • Formo
12 years ago
So last week I took dad into the docs to do his chemo treatment because my brother went into ICU and my mother and baby sister were at the hospital with him. Because of this, it was only dad and me. Had a blast, actually. Arrived late late Thursday night at his house, he was just making up a big frozen mug of vanilla DQ soft serve ice cream and his homemade hot fudge. This was funny to me in many ways.. First off.. It instantly brought me back to the years after my mom left us and it was just my dad, my sister and I living together. Every weekend he would make up his hot fudge and we'd have sundaes. Second way it was funny was because of the chemo he becomes VERY sensitive to anything cold, causing his nerves to act as if he's being electrocuted so he has to avoid anything cold until that side effect wears off. The longer he's on chemo, the longer that effect will be until it is a constant. As of that Thursday night, he had about 3 days of no side effect and because it was his last night without it for at least a week he was splurging. So as soon as I got my stuff inside, I grabbed the leftover pizza he had made and then made myself up a big ol' sundae just like in year's past.

We just pretty much hung out during his 4 hour session. Played Scrabble, chatted.. One of my other sisters got off work around noon-ish, so she picked me up, we went out to eat and then brought dad back some food. After his chemo was done, then I drove dad back to the cities (dad's chemo therapy is at the hospital in the town by where he lives) to the hospital where my brother was at.

It was VERY cool to see how he interacted with the other people there getting chemo. He saw one guy (whom he must have gotten to know a bit) and asked how he was doing. The older fellow just responded, "I'm doing what I can" My dad looked at him with a smile and said, "FIGHT! Just keep fighting!"

Yesterday (Thursday) was his first CT scan after we found out the news and just this morning he got his results in.

Dad's latest Facebook status: "Scan results: tumors are shrinking (largest went from 28m to 21.5mm). Some of the smaller ones gone. Still not out of the woods, but chemo IS working. CEA (cancer evaluation anallysis) went from over 1000 to 520. Thank YOU Lord Jesus and all my family and friends!"
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago
Great news, I truy know how you feel. Tell the old man there's a dumbass from North Dakota praying for him.

I don't know Formo, this common ground empathy quasi-friendship we're building is really making me feel cheap and dirty. I long for a time when our loved ones are healthy and pock shots at each other resume.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
good to hear this Formo. You NEED to learn his hot fudge recipe. That way you can be the one making it for family outings and making memories 20-30 years from now. (Until then it is your dad's job and he can't quit before then.)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.