macbob
  • macbob
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

UserPostedImage

It’s more than a Super Bowl ring. It’s a ring for the ages.

The four Super Bowl titles, the 13 world championships, the 92 years of franchise history, and the path taken by the 2010 Packers to add this chapter – it’s all in there. It tells an entire tale that marries the storied tradition of the Packers with their singular achievement in 2010.

All in a ring? Sure, and it was done majestically and subtly at the same time.

The ring’s square crest is highlighted by the ‘G’ logo – gold on a green setting, of course – but the overwhelming sparkle of the diamond-dominant presentation shouldn’t distract from all it incorporates.

In each of the four corners of the crest, surrounding the ‘G,’ is a marquis-cut diamond, which is appropriately football-shaped, just like the one on top of the Vince Lombardi trophy. There are four of those for I, II, XXXI and XLV, the four trophies that will reside together forever in the team’s Hall of Fame.

The shape of the ‘G’ itself consists of 13 diamonds, one for each title dating back to 1929, and surrounding the entire crown are 92 diamonds, one for each year the Packers have been in existence.

That’s a lot cleverly depicted on the ring’s face, but that’s not the whole story. The sides, or flanks, of the ring continue the convergence of history with the present.

On the one side that’s personalized for each player with his last name, there’s both an impressively carved image of Lambeau Field – a tribute to the best venue and fans in the NFL – and the player’s jersey number. Each number is circled, just like those on the third jerseys introduced this past year that represent the attire of the first title team in ’29.

On the other side, underneath a logo-lettering of “PACKERS,” is a Lombardi Trophy, with the name of the iconic coach, the NFL shield, and an ‘XLV’ at the base, which captures both the specific game and a piece of its logo.

Together, the primary images on the two flanks can be interpreted as the Lombardi Trophy being brought back to its home, Lambeau Field, which was done two days after the Super Bowl victory in North Texas in front of more than 56,000 fans who braved sub-zero weather to share in the glory.

There’s additional context when the ring is seen next to the Packers’ previous three. It appears to fit with the collection, while simultaneously standing out as the one that represents more history than the others. Each ring builds on the previous one, with the latest edition the culmination, for now.

The saga wouldn’t be complete without the “inside story” to the 2010 season, which is, fittingly, on the inside of the ring.

The Packers became just the third team to win three road playoff games en route to a Super Bowl title, and the scores of all the postseason contests are engraved inside the ring.

Also engraved inside are the numeral “1” along with the words “Mind, Goal, Purpose and Heart” – the very number and terms veteran cornerback Charles Woodson employed with such fervor in his memorable postgame locker-room speech following the NFC Championship in Chicago.

The number and its accompanying characteristics also reflect the unity the Packers needed to overcome numerous obstacles in their path to the championship – countless injuries, back-to-back overtime losses, and a season on the brink with two weeks to go.

As for the basics, the Super Bowl XLV rings are made of platinum, with 18-karat yellow gold, and weigh a little over 4 ounces. The diamonds total 3.35 carats.

The boring basics, however, hardly matter when attempting to absorb a much larger picture, and this ring paints an exquisitely detailed and symbolic image.

Packers.com wrote:

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
It is nice to see so much history worked into the the rings. I am disappointed. The 92 small diamonds don't spell "backed in".🙄
UserPostedImage
Kingkoopa
12 years ago
Those rings are gorgeous!
blank
Cheesey
12 years ago
I dun do be wantin' me one of them there "bling blings!"
LOL!
(I'd even take a cubic zirconia one!!!)
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
12 years ago

I dun do be wantin' me one of them there "bling blings!"
LOL!
(I'd even take a cubic zirconia one!!!)

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Ha ha, they should sell imitations! Hell, I'd buy one. LOL.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
All in all, about what I expected. Sorry, but it's far too reminiscent of a bastard mating between a high school class ring and one of Mr T's pendants. And apart from the diamond solitaire (for a woman, obviously, a zillion diamonds just seems tacky and ostentatious to me.

A couple things I do like:
1. Platinum instead of gold.
2. The big G in the middle (even with the damn diamonds)
3. (and I really like this) The green highlighting the "G".That is major cool.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
Odd. I just found this at CNNSI.com. It say's its a photo of Aaron Rodgers' ring.

Sure looks more like gold than platinum. And not as cool as the other pictures.

UserPostedImage

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
macbob
  • macbob
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

Odd. I just found this at CNNSI.com. It say's its a photo of Aaron Rodgers' ring.

Sure looks more like gold than platinum. And not as cool as the other pictures.

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Think the photo you posted has poor lighting, etc. JSonline has a photo that looks like a similar/identical layout, but the colors, etc match the ones posted on Packers.com.

Here's the link to the JSonline photo.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/124050324.html 
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
12 years ago
I like yellow gold better then platinum or white gold. The reason?
They look the same as if they were made out of plain silver.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
12 years ago
The rings are b-e-autiful and the fact that they hold that much story in them is amazing in itself. Wouldn't have know a small fact like "The shape of the ‘G’ itself consists of 13 diamonds, one for each title dating back to 1929, and surrounding the entire crown are 92 diamonds, one for each year the Packers have been in existence."

Awesome.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (9h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.