Greg C.
15 years ago
Thumbs-up:

Aaron Rodgers--No surprise here. The guy can play. We already knew that, right? It's nice to have the QB sneak back in our offense. In Favre's later years, we almost never saw this play. Rodgers ran it three times: twice for first downs and once for a TD. Maybe the lack of the QB sneak option was why the offense was dead last in the league last year in third-and-short and fourth-and-short situations.

Brandon Jackson--Looked very good running the ball. Showed some good moves and broke some tackles.

Tory Humphrey--Gained 35 yards on the first play from scrimmage. Nothing after that, but at least he got his one big play. He needed that.

Aaron Rouse--Continues to make plays every time he's on the field, but for whatever reason, the coaches are in love with the mediocre Nick Collins.

Kregg Lumpkin--Looks like a natural running the ball. Probably too raw to make the roster, but would be a great practice squad player.

first string O-line--Not spectacular, but good enough.

Thumbs-down:

Brian Brohm--Still looks like a lost puppy out there. I have to admit that I'm finally beginning to worry about our backup QB situation. Flynn hardly had the chance to throw a pass tonight, so it's hard to say anything about his performance.

Mike Montgomery--Didn't make any glaring mistakes, but I have to ask: What do the coaches see in this guy? He's never done anything for us. If he makes the roster, it will be by default.

Daniel Muir--Gets the Stupid Award for injuring Nick Collins. Plugged the middle well on the goal line stand, though.

Pat Lee--Failed to catch what would have been an easy INT for a 95 yard TD. Not only did he fail to catch it, he looked as if he had never seen a football in his life. Later, took a horrible angle to allow a TD, then got burned deep but was bailed out by a bad pass. Not ready for prime time.

Brandon Chillar--Missed a tackle on the QB to allow a first down on the Broncos' opening drive. Didn't really get in on any plays that I remember.

first-string D-line--Hello? Pass rush? Where are you? Is anybody home? They also played poorly against the run. We need Ryan Pickett. And KGB.
blank
TheEngineer
15 years ago
Agreed with the above. Also thumbs up to Jon Ryan, who had a good day punting.

I'm going to give a thumbs down to Morency also, there's just something that I don't like about him and his dancing in the backfield. I don't know, I'd rather keep Lumpkin over Morency to be honest.
blank
Packnic
15 years ago
pretty accurate i'd say.

im hoping the pash rush was vanilla by design today. not showing your cards before it counts kinda thing. hoping.
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago

I'm going to give a thumbs down to Morency also, there's just something that I don't like about him and his dancing in the backfield. I don't know, I'd rather keep Lumpkin over Morency to be honest.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Yeah, Ryan was awesome. I think that one that was downed on the one-yard line was over 50 yards, and later he hit one 71 yards on the fly that landed on the goal line. Gotta love that thin Rocky Mountain air!

I'm starting to wonder if Lumpkin might sneak onto the roster if they keep four halfbacks. He was highly recruited coming out of high school, but had injury problems in college and was kind of forgotten. He seems to have a knack for making tacklers miss. You can't teach that.
blank
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago
Great thread yet again Greg.

Didn't get to see the game, but by the sounds of it our D-Line had a sub-par game yet again.

I'm kinda starting to think that trading Corey Williams might not have been the best move (as zombie has been saying for a while now)... :-?
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Packnic
15 years ago

"TheEngineer" wrote:

definetly agree about Morency. He isnt terrible and he isnt great. and never really shows any real promise. Blumpkin and Herron flash real quality occasionaly and i think with Grant and Jackson we can afford to gamble for some flash.

it think its time we go our seperate ways.
blank
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago
Props to Crosby too. I believe both his FGs were long tries. Nice to see him carry his solid form into games.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Greg C.
15 years ago

I'm kinda starting to think that trading Corey Williams might not have been the best move (as zombie has been saying for a while now)... :-?

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

I was fine with the Williams trade under the circumstances. The Harrell injury is what's really making that move look bad right now, along with Jolly's legal troubles. But Williams' inside pass rush is definitely being missed right now. They're trying Montgomery in there, but I just don't think he's big and strong enough to rush from the inside.
blank
evad04
15 years ago
If we could have read the future, we probably don't make the Corey Williams trade. But we can't. Also, there are details about his desire to stay in Green Bay and the asking price for staying.

In any case, I haven't even seen the final score yet. I'm watching the replay on NFL Network. The D-line is getting hammered. The Denver RBs in the first two quarters were working us pretty good. Defense in general not looking that impressive (in THIS game).

Passing game looked pretty crisp, though.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
GreenBlood
15 years ago
Thumbs up - Danny Lansanah. I don't care about the late hit. It wasn't intentional; he was just a step late. But he was hitting people all over the field. Wish we could make room for him. Big and fast.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.